• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bears draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?

Should Da Bears trade Fields, and draft a QB?

• Yes, draft Bryce Young

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, draft CJ Stroud

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, draft Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, build around Fields

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2, but he could be waived at anytime for huge cap savings. I would not be surprised to see an extension instead.
I guess for the Lions situation it makes sense but again, you waste a 1st on a project. I don't love the idea but if Goff isn't the guy long-term it makes a little more sense. I personally think Goff is fine, he had a great year-stick with him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when teams take a project QB in the 1st round...not a one year and start project but you know he won't be ready for multiple years. That is a 2nd or 3rd round pick imo. I mean look at the Packers, Love will be starting in year 3. Instead of taking a weapon for Rodgers they take a QB that never saw the field. Not a good strategy for a team trying to contend now. Even worse if that player ends of being a bust...we will see with Love.
I agree, and Goff proved he is just fine. He won't ever be in the Mahomes/Allen/Burrow territory, but I think he played like he fit in he next tier this year. Most teams are thrilled to get a QB like that younger than 30. I think the Lions are set at QB for 5-8 years, I would hate to burn that bridge on the biggest gamble in the draft.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and Goff proved he is just fine. He won't ever be in the Mahomes/Allen/Burrow territory, but I think he played like he fit in he next tier this year. Most teams are thrilled to get a QB like that younger than 30. I think the Lions are set at QB for 5-8 years, I would hate to burn that bridge on the biggest gamble in the draft.
Agree with you...there are just so many Mahomes & Burrow's
I think Goff qualifies as a "long term" guy as we sit here today.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when teams take a project QB in the 1st round...not a one year and start project but you know he won't be ready for multiple years. That is a 2nd or 3rd round pick imo. I mean look at the Packers, Love will be starting in year 3. Instead of taking a weapon for Rodgers they take a QB that never saw the field. Not a good strategy for a team trying to contend now. Even worse if that player ends of being a bust...we will see with Love.
Like trey Lance. That was stupid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally rd2 and rd3 are dead zones for QBs. Its basically setting your pick on fire most of the time.

Ridder
Willis
Corral
Trask
Mond
Mills
Hurts
Lock
Grier
Rudolph
Kizer
Webb
Beathard
Hackenberg
Brissett
Kessler
Grayson
Mannion

2013 and 2014 did have Geno Smith, Derek Carr and Jimmy G but we're going so far back at that point that teams dont really draft the same anymore.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure don't want to overthink this BUT maybe NFL QB isn't College QB. COULD be the biggest step up in sports.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally rd2 and rd3 are dead zones for QBs. Its basically setting your pick on fire most of the time.

Ridder
Willis
Corral
Trask
Mond
Mills
Hurts
Lock
Grier
Rudolph
Kizer
Webb
Beathard
Hackenberg
Brissett
Kessler
Grayson
Mannion

2013 and 2014 did have Geno Smith, Derek Carr and Jimmy G but we're going so far back at that point that teams dont really draft the same anymore.
Solid post. Appreciate the leg work. The more and more I delve in, the uniqueness of the rise of Hurts becomes even more profound.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure don't want to overthink this BUT maybe NFL QB isn't College QB. COULD be the biggest step up in sports.
Great point. We are talking about a position that even at the college level requires a ton of processing of information in a short amount of time. In college, many OC do that work for the QB and will signal in a call to the offense based on the defense vs formation. Now…you go to the NFL and you’re on your own when that helmet microphone gets turned off. There is more to process AND everybody moves faster and the speed of the game increases. For me, it’s right there with catcher in judging the most cerebral position in all of sports.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid post. Appreciate the leg work. The more and more I delve in, the uniqueness of the rise of Hurts becomes even more profound.
Hurts draft profile actually reads a lot like Fields. Anthony Richardson has the same mold but is (significantly) less developed and will likely be a top 10 pick.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts draft profile actually reads a lot like Fields. Anthony Richardson has the same mold but is (significantly) less developed and will likely be a top 10 pick.
I think the difference in those guys going 1 and Hurts going 2 is really the over exposure in college. His limitations as a passer were on full display for 4 years of run (well really 3 because of the year he sits behind Tua).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in those guys going 1 and Hurts going 2 is really the over exposure in college. His limitations as a passer were on full display for 4 years of run (well really 3 because of the year he sits behind Tua).
Honestly, I think Hurts dropped because there wasn't anyone like him succeeding before. He was compared to Tebow (except more accurate). I believe Dak was also compared to Tebow except he was an older prospect. Mahomes was compared to Jay Cutler.

Its just generally a trend that scouts tend to make trends where one doesnt exist. Zach Wilson was supposed to be the next Matt Stafford. Now the next guy looking like him coming out of college will get pushed down the board fair or not.