• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Mike Riley keep his job after this season?

Should Mike Riley Have HIs Job After This Season?

• Total voters

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Richt has been at talent rich Georgia for 14 years. He is the Bopleeny of the SEC.
Hell he fucking lost to Bopleeny.
BoP won 9 games a year R_A. sarcasmfont

But we're not comparing BoP to Richt, we're comparing Riley and the huskers as they are right now.
Would Richt lose to Purdue? No way, I don't see that happening

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoP won 9 games a year R_A. sarcasmfont

But we're not comparing BoP to Richt, we're comparing Riley and the huskers as they are right now.
Would Richt lose to Purdue? No way, I don't see that happening

anigif_original-grid-image-12674-1374084534-8.gif

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest unless we have an elite head coach ready to make the jump were stuck with MR for at least 3more years

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be emotional over the radio voice thing, you also possibly sound like a boy, a pre pubescent one though. You jumped to many conclusions quickly - so just try to comprehend this, I never said anything about Riley's former players and their play being his fault. It's just that guys in his system of pro pass and have been there for some years don't seem to do much better than what we see in his new team - no conclusions or indictments inferred - just an observation. If your goal is to come on here with loaded polls so you can call people somehow inferior to yourself, then you are simply a sad little man.

Oh I promise you, I am not emotional at all. Only emotion is happiness because you make me laugh and feel better about myself.

"No conclusions or indictments inferred"? You clearly don't know what that means since you indicted the players and how they played and created you asinine conclusions.

Only people I believe are inferior to myself is the ones that are dumber than myself. I apologize for your being dumber than myself.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the point of your posting on this board is based solely on your thinking your not a poem writing dumbass that hold dates dear to you heart that others tend to give less that one shit about as most folks live for today. You come here starting crap and that is your MO. I had your number years ago obstreperous alto.
I come here starting crap? I apologize that you care about what others think and what other people give more than 1 shit about. I on the other hand don't care at all about anyone else's opinion of myself. I barely post on this board any more because of maroons such as yourself. You and your stupidity is what has dragged this board down. You and your stupidity is the reason many people have gone away or not posted as much as they used to. Most of us can't have legitimate convos without stupid asinine people such as yourself derailing convos with your craziness.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, the players on team now are not players recruited to run this offense. Riley is fitting round pegs into square holes. Tressel is more of the power/run O that this team's players are there for. The kids on roster now are not the ones that can play in Riley's O set.

Tressel would have been a much better coach for Nebraska than west coast Riley is.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts...

Tressel wasn't hired and this discussion of who should of been hired does nothing for Nebraska. Riley was hired. It's done. It's over with. Let's move forward. I get so tired of it, it's nothing but sour grapes.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I come here starting crap? I apologize that you care about what others think and what other people give more than 1 shit about. I on the other hand don't care at all about anyone else's opinion of myself. I barely post on this board any more because of maroons such as yourself. You and your stupidity is what has dragged this board down. You and your stupidity is the reason many people have gone away or not posted as much as they used to. Most of us can't have legitimate convos without stupid asinine people such as yourself derailing convos with your craziness.
There you go calling people stupid again, you got problems there mister- but I am the least of them. If you can't handle me calling you out for attacking folks with your childish name calling and saying shit about others guy's moms, perhaps you need to grow up - I don't know you well enough, but I know your posts and they are childish. And you are so wrong in that you care enough about people's opinions to call them stupid AS IF they are somehow inferior to you and yours - laughable. Jed, your opinion is only one of many, but that doesn't make yours somehow more valid and the only one that counts. I get it Jed, you think if a person's opinion differs from yours that they are "stupid" - you must be fun to be around in the real world. You got a real tough guy thing going on there, you been doing it for sometime now, and that is why I laughed so hard when I heard that voice on the radio - I almost drove my truck off the road in laughter - fact.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I promise you, I am not emotional at all. Only emotion is happiness because you make me laugh and feel better about myself.

"No conclusions or indictments inferred"? You clearly don't know what that means since you indicted the players and how they played and created you asinine conclusions.

Only people I believe are inferior to myself is the ones that are dumber than myself. I apologize for your being dumber than myself.
You drew conclusions from a statement, not me.
Only idiots call others dumb because of their insecurity of being such.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will abstain from voting because there is no answer there for me.

My answer would be Yes he should have his job, but I don't "Hate Nebraska Football".

The heads of Nebraska Athletics made a commitment that they need to honor for a few years. Firing a "nice guy" after one season will look really bad.

I'm sorry....You're 3-6, just lost to Purdue, and also lost to Illinois and Northwestern before losing to Purdue.
How bad could it possibly look?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see how we can fire him and hire a decent/great coach that everyone wants.

think about it from the perspective of the great coach the nebraska fans want. you just fired a 9 win guy which is virtually unprecedented to begin with. then you don't give the next guy 3 years to recruit guys and try and install his system. every stinking coach out there is going to look at that job and think, "shit they want me to win 10 games and do it the first year, i can't do that with the talent in place there, no chance i'm going."

we'd be lucky to hire an FCS coach to replace Riley.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
think about it from the perspective of the great coach the nebraska fans want. you just fired a 9 win guy which is virtually unprecedented to begin with. every stinking coach out there is going to look at that job and think, "shit they want me to coach for potentially 1 year and pay me 1.7 to 3 million a year (depending how my agent negotiates) with a guarantee that I get that money for next 5 years, where do I sign? i'm going."

:fify:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Jim Tressel and I think that he can get 8 or more wins in his first year. I also think that he can recruit the shit out of Ohio and go toe to toe with the nations best recruits and win. he will have a great big ten style of footballgreat defense and run the damn ball. and have a successor lined up for when he retires. He might be here 7-8 years take a nice AD job at Nebraska after that. And keep this train a chugging for the next 10 plus years.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone just needs to pull the reigns back a bit on this fire Riley shit.

This has just been a really unfortunate season. I'll give him the time any coach would deserve in this situation.

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As dissapointed as I am in this season, I still feel he needs some time to get his system/recruits in place. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but if there isn't an improvement next year, then I'd probably be in favor of some changes.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I didn't realize their were so many husker fans that were in favor of a SLING IT type offense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone just needs to pull the reigns back a bit on this fire Riley shit.

This has just been a really unfortunate season. I'll give him the time any coach would deserve in this situation.

I think everyone needs to think of this situation like this.....

If this was my dynasty on PS4....what would I do?