• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Mike Riley keep his job after this season?

Should Mike Riley Have HIs Job After This Season?

• Total voters

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold on, I've already used the sad little man line recently. You have to come up with your own material.

edit: I did take notice of the pre-pubescent line. That's original but can I ask, Why you checking out his pubes?
Funny, I could care less about pubes, I was expecting some manly man given the amount of shit Jed dishes on this board, however, I heard his voice on 1620 and I had the best laugh I'd had in a long time. Sorry to steal the little man thunder from you...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Nebraska gets beat by both MSU and Iowa by double digits and also loses to Rutgers, then west coast Riley should get an ultimatum of having to get replacements of some of his assistant coaches or be booted back to the west coast. If by some miracle of EPIC proportions, Nebraska wins their remaining games and wins a bowl game, no ultimatum should be made and west coast Riley should be retained. Also, next year there needs to be an improvement in the won loss column, but admittedly the schedule does look tougher than this year's schedule, so I wouldn't expect better than a 3 loss season, the losses being Oregon, OSU, Wisconsin.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the point of your posting on this board is based solely on your thinking your not a poem writing dumbass that hold dates dear to you heart that others tend to give less that one shit about as most folks live for today. You come here starting crap and that is your MO. I had your number years ago obstreperous alto.

Boy I'll say!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I could care less about pubes, I was expecting some manly man given the amount of shit Jed dishes on this board, however, I heard his voice on 1620 and I had the best laugh I'd had in a long time. Sorry to steal the little man thunder from you...
Don't worry about my man thunder. You haven't stolen anything. I do find it humorous though. Notthat Jed would want me to stand up for him but I got to say, never heard jed's voice but I've read the content of his posts. Agree sometimes, disagree others, some I could care less about. Really wonder what he did to get you so butt hurt though. It seems pretty punk to be make fun of a guy's voice. Did it involve your mom?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a big difference between Jim Tressel implementing his system and Mike Riley implementing his system Jim Tressel's a proven winner Mike Riley is a 50/50

Yes, the players on team now are not players recruited to run this offense. Riley is fitting round pegs into square holes. Tressel is more of the power/run O that this team's players are there for. The kids on roster now are not the ones that can play in Riley's O set.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the players on team now are not players recruited to run this offense. Riley is fitting round pegs into square holes. Tressel is more of the power/run O that this team's players are there for. The kids on roster now are not the ones that can play in Riley's O set.

I think there's too much emphasis put on that.

These guys are athletes. They should have been recruited because they had good footwork. Recruited for their ability to run, throw, catch, tackle and block.

The fundamentals are there. For whatever reason they're not being brought out better than 6 other teams this season.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's too much emphasis put on that.

These guys are athletes. They should have been recruited because they had good footwork. Recruited for their ability to run, throw, catch, tackle and block.

The fundamentals are there. For whatever reason they're not being brought out better than 6 other teams this season.
With the exception of QB, I agree with you. I also have finally come around to agreeing with your assessment of the previous coach's recruiting efforts. Based on what I've seen this year, I don't really see a system that WOULD work with the players we have. They have to be able to block, tackle, catch, throw, and defend in any system, and they don't look to be capable of doing that in any sort of consistent fashion this year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of QB, I agree with you. I also have finally come around to agreeing with your assessment of the previous coach's recruiting efforts. Based on what I've seen this year, I don't really see a system that WOULD work with the players we have. They have to be able to block, tackle, catch, throw, and defend in any system, and they don't look to be capable of doing that in any sort of consistent fashion this year.

Well there sure was a lot of denial. I spent a lot of time defending that the vast majority of them were P5 outcasts. The best of the rest. The best of the mid-majors.

I can only follow that with the point that the Huskers are at least the talent level of Marshall, Bowling Green, Memphis, Temple, Cincinnati, Houston, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, and Boise St, who would BEAT Purdue.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
HaHa

Let's be real though. Richt and Strong should be 1 & 2.

I don't know about that.

We just lost to Kansas of the Big X.

Nebraska is now the new doormat of the BIG.

We are the laughing stock of CFB. This is a new low.

You giving Riley a break because its his first year in Nebby?
The mans been coaching football since 1977, this isn't his first rodeo.

Side Note: STRONG should be on the hotseat, cause he cost me a perfect pickems week. The fuck! Losing to ISU and skunked ta boot.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that.

We just lost to Kansas of the Big X.

Nebraska is now the new doormat of the BIG.

We are the laughing stock of CFB. This is a new low.

You giving Riley a break because its his first year in Nebby?
The mans been coaching football since 1977, this isn't his first rodeo.

Side Note: STRONG should be on the hotseat, cause he cost me a perfect pickems week. The fuck! Losing to ISU and skunked ta boot.

Richt has been at talent rich Georgia for 14 years. He is the Bopleeny of the SEC.
Hell he fucking lost to Bopleeny.