• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should League Get Rid of MVP Award

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman your a joke. Your just a bias Kobe lover who's butt hurt LeBron has won 4 MVP's. I knew who started this thread and why before I even clicked on it.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys crack me up lol. Im torn on the Lakers this year though. I dont want to tank but I know they wont win a title this year either. Im just going to enjoy the ride with my team as the drama queen is gone

ObamaForeverLOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas we can talk ball anytime! Youre one of my favorite AZ fans! I must say it is black and white as you have teams who spend money like the Lakers do and then you have owners like Michael Jordan with the Bobcats that have no clue how to run an organization. Or what about Loria in baseball where he fucked over the fans to get a new stadium and isnt even putting a competitive team out there? I think the issue goes beyond it being certain teams have money and others dont as you have some owners that will refuse to spend regardless.

I saw your previous comments. When I registered I promised myself I wouldn't troll or become a troll...I made an innocuous comment and this poster jumped down my throat. I don't really give a rat's ass...All we both are is just code on a bulletin board but it would be nice to just talk sports and not get in a swearing match.

Oh, I live in L A... I gave a deaf guy in a Shaq jeresy five bucks at the Reseda Blvd. bus line station. Most LAL fans are a lot calmer in person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and NBA draft actually punishes achievement. The better a team does the worse its draft position. I understand it's done for competitive balance but it is what it is. It also ensures a kind of mediocrity...Your draft is only as good or bad as your record. An average , read, fringe contender will draft in the middle of the pack and stay in the middle of the pack. The way teams in the NBA improve is by dipping into the free agent market.

I get your point, mon friere, but that does not stop a middle of the pack team from using their mid-level picks to make a better team. Just because the patriots win the Super Bowl doesn't mean they can't go out and draft a replacement for Brady in hope that he improves their future. Yes they could sign a replacement but who know what kind of diamond in the rough lies in wait. I hear what you are saying though.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw your previous comments. When I registered I promised myself I wouldn't troll or become a troll...I made an innocuous comment and this poster jumped down my throat. I don't really give a rat's ass...All we bot are is just code on a bulletin board but it would be nice to just talk sports and not get in a swearing match.

Hey I agree with you and SportsHoopla can get kind of crazy but its a million times better than the cesspool that was ESPN comment boards lol

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up lol. Im torn on the Lakers this year though. I dont want to tank but I know they wont win a title this year either. Im just going to enjoy the ride with my team as the drama queen is gone

I am all in for tanking! We could be tank buddies!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I agree with you and SportsHoopla can get kind of crazy but its a million times better than the cesspool that was ESPN comment boards lol

This would be considered a slow night on ESPN!

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in for tanking! We could be tank buddies!

Jonas I dont get the point of tanking. You tank for a number 1 pick when even if you have the worst record in the NBA you still arent guaranteed the number 1 draft pick! Im kind of torn lol

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread jumped through the roof over the last 15 minutes! Currently on top of the charts!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas I dont get the point of tanking. You tank for a number 1 pick when even if you have the worst record in the NBA you still arent guaranteed the number 1 draft pick! Im kind of torn lol

Tanking is more of a philosophy than it is actually losing every game. You try to stay competitive in as many games as possible but eventually your team is just not on the same level as your opponent. That is when you concede the defeat and put yourself in a better position to fight "tomorrow." Of course I don't want the suns to lose every game, that would make for a long, boring season, but I also don't want to be stuck in no mans land for the next decade. We have a tight wad owner so our best chance of winning is through the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

ObamaForeverLOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be considered a slow night on ESPN!

That's because fans would go to ESPN to read about sports and then fall into the message boards.

But even at it's hey day I don't think there were more than one hundred active posters.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking is more of a philosophy than it is actually losing every game. You try to stay competitive in as many games as possible but eventually your team is just not on the same level as your opponent. That is when you concede the defeat and put yourself in a better position to fight "tomorrow." Of course I don't want the suns to lose every game, that would make for a long, boring season, but I also don't want to be stuck in no mans land for the next decade. We have a tight was owner so our best chance of winning is through the draft.

Sarver doesn't want the #1 pick. Too expensive to re-sign when the rookie contract ends.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because fans would go to ESPN to read about sports and then fall into the message boards.

But even at it's hey day I don't think there were more than one hundred active posters.

You're probably right! I was guilty of having several accounts just dedicated to trolling! A little shit talking never hurt anyone... ;)

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking is more of a philosophy than it is actually losing every game. You try to stay competitive in as many games as possible but eventually your team is just not on the same level as your opponent. That is when you concede the defeat and put yourself in a better position to fight "tomorrow." Of course I don't want the suns to lose every game, that would make for a long, boring season, but I also don't want to be stuck in no mans land for the next decade. We have a tight was owner so our best chance of winning is through the draft.

Coming off the season my team had last year to see them purposely tank would be demoralizing to me, but yet I also know the Lakers arent title contenders either. I hope to see them knock off some folks and clear some salary cap. My main concern is Kobe coming back healthy, and honestly I would prefer he takes off as long as he needs to get healthy.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right! I was guilty of having several accounts just dedicated to trolling! A little shit talking never hurt anyone... ;)

I even admit to trolling on ESPN but I only really did that during football as I hate the Raiders and the Seahawks lol.:lol:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off the season my team had last year to see them purposely tank would be demoralizing to me, but yet I also know the Lakers arent title contenders either. I hope to see them knock off some folks and clear some salary cap. My main concern is Kobe coming back healthy, and honestly I would prefer he takes off as long as he needs to get healthy.

I have to admit Theresa, I think you guys are in a worse position than the suns. You guys have aging players with big contracts and are trading away valuable assets for that "one last run." Eventually Kobe will retire and what will the lakers have left to show for it. I personally believe it is time to start cleaning house and bringing in fresh bodies! Just my opinion though...