• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Doug Pederson be on the hot seat?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like he’s on the hot seat, right?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in 2013-15? Made the most of a pretty meh offense via scheme; even poor talent in hindsight. Ran it more here than he has in Philly. Probably because Wentz is just better than Smith. It wasn't pretty, but it was hard to argue he didn't get the most out what was available on offense in hindsight. I remember in his last game he called here against the Patriots, Spencer Ware was hurt, Knile Davis fumbled away the game, and Charcandrick West was the starter. Justin Houston on Defense was playing with a compromised ACL, and Jeremy Maclin was playing with a high ankle sprain. It was a pretty miserable offensive group and ended up within 1 score in a chilly loss in NE. As much as Reid got called for the clock that game, Doug was calling the plays in that final half. Not much he could do because Alex is just Alex and it's hard to break something that is hardwired into the QB. In retrospect, he was probably more impressive when he got a chance to show himself in playcalling than maybe was acknowledged at the time. In that playoff game, Albert Wilson was arguably the best WR; Jason Avant was the 2nd best WR. Travis Kelce was double bracketed so he wasn't much of an option.

I can tell you that period of time Reid/Pederson/Childress and co were more aggressively experimenting with spread/pistol type plays and formations. Pederson didn't really stay long enough for that to come to fruition, but he was certainly part of building that brand at the NFL level. They tried about everything to make Alex Smith look better than he really was.

With that being said, I am puzzled why the Eagles O is doing dick myself. Maybe doing worse at things that tend to be noisier like passing under pressure, 3rd and long, etc? Fumbles? The D I was always kinda meh on, the O I am legit confused by myself.
Interesting...

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this game did piss me off cause they showed a lack of heart and basically just laid down with their backs already against the wall. If they lost say 38-24, at least I can say they tried but just doesn't have the horses to keep up. 48-7 tells me they said fuck it, we don't want to be here and just head back home.
Yep....

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many would argue Cord is a running back. And what does that have to do with the Eagles recently trading for Tate and bringing back Matthews?

This is an opinion based question. The Eagles just set a record with the biggest loss by a defending SB champion in the history of the NFL. They are one game out of last place in the division and if they lose next weeks game they are tied for last in the division.

I have no idea what that gobbly-gook you posted above has anything to do with anything. You wanna give the guy a pass bc of “all the injuries” ... you’re entitled to that opinion. It’s pretty clear that others on here don’t feel the same way.

Suck it up buttercup.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game honestly didn't piss me off that much. I expected a nice ass kicking. The thing that pisses me off though is the HC Doug addressing the fans and media with the same shit dialogue "saying we need to get better" blah.. blah.. blah.. BS. Andy Reid used to do this same shit after a embarrassing loss.

Here’s how Pederson needs to handle the press this week...

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an opinion based question. The Eagles just set a record with the biggest loss by a defending SB champion in the history of the NFL. They are one game out of last place in the division and if they lose next weeks game they are tied for last in the division.

I have no idea what that gobbly-gook you posted above has anything to do with anything. You wanna give the guy a pass bc of “all the injuries” ... you’re entitled to that opinion. It’s pretty clear that others on here don’t feel the same way.

Suck it up buttercup.
lol, less than 1 season removed from a Super Bowl Championship and there's half-wits here seriously suggesting Peterson is on some hot seat.

GTFO

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, less than 1 season removed from a Super Bowl Championship and there's half-wits here seriously suggesting Peterson is on some hot seat.

GTFO

Ah... yeah. There are. So you GTFO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he should get himself some real offensive assistants.

And probably a Dcoordinator that can cause a turnover.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GTFO
They're not seriously suggesting it. They are faggotly suggesting it.
Big difference.
I answered so they wouldn't feel lonely.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that being said, I am puzzled why the Eagles O is doing dick myself. Maybe doing worse at things that tend to be noisier like passing under pressure, 3rd and long, etc? Fumbles? The D I was always kinda meh on, the O I am legit confused by myself.

This is easy to answer. Pederson has been outcoached but just about everyone we have played against. His scheme is predictable and he has not changed it too much. The Eagles do some of the dumbest things I have seen this year. We run a lot with 5 lineman and 4 WR sets. Almost all our pass plays are play action and the pass patterns are taking too long to develop.

The Eagles will need to seriously overhaul their staff next season. Doug is not on the hotseat but almost every position coach is. Schwartz is a goner though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to tell the Philly fans...the year after is wicked.

No...Pederson is probably not going to win another SB in PHI, but he should get to the end of Wentz rookie contract.