• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Doug Pederson be on the hot seat?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don McCafferty is someone whose history is worth catching up on.

If you'd like to expand your football knowledge anyway.

And that should be more than enough of a reason. Relevant to this thread as well.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a qunt on televised games for over a decade.

And maybe the worst teammate in team sports history.

Hes a good football player. But a qunt imo.

So that's why he was traded?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's why he was traded?
I have no idea why he was traded.

Bob Quin being a retard is my guess. Killed the season while swapping a 4th rounder for a 3rd. No idea why he did it. Tate was not a captain though. Despite his long tenure. Coulda just been sick of his ass. Idk.

I'm clearly no fan of Tate, but that trade really pissed me off. Offense is hot garbage without him.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy just won a Super Bowl.

It would take at least two more seasons like this for the seat to get even a bit warm.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way a coach goes from Super Champs to fired the next year.
The Raptors head coach went from coach of the year to fired a few days later

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy just won a Super Bowl.

It would take at least two more seasons like this for the seat to get even a bit warm.

I’m not so sure. This team has too much talent to have the record they have. Plus, @broncosmitty is right... leaving all those players in when the game was clearly out of hand was dumb. In fact, there’s no excuse for it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors head coach went from coach of the year to fired a few days later
I know nothing about that sport.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not so sure. This team has too much talent to have the record they have. Plus, @broncosmitty is right... leaving all those players in when the game was clearly out of hand was dumb. In fact, there’s no excuse for it.
Well they thought, so they could get some garbage time stats, but the Saints didnt get that memo.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do, but they've had A LOT this season. Some teams just get too beat up and the depth in the NFL these days isn't great.

I hear ya, but those injuries don’t explain why the Eagles get off to a slow start offensively each week!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you care more than most Philly fans. another fucking loser here. the 3 of you having one big circle jerk every day

You sound like you’re jealous bc you can’t join in.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but those injuries don’t explain why the Eagles get off to a slow start offensively each week!

Might have something to do with being way down the depth chart at RB and WR.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have something to do with being way down the depth chart at RB and WR.

The patriots used a WR at running back for a few weeks. What’s wrong with philly’s WR crew?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None.

Putting the present and more importantly, the future of the franchise at risk. For what?

To get momentum for next week while down six TDs?

It's inexcusable.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him back as the OC when some team hires Bieniemy
Honest question...what did he do that you liked?
I just remember when we hired him it was right after that horrible loss to Pittsburgh(?) in the playoffs and he couldn't explain why the O went to shit.

That's exactly the way his last 2 press conferences have gone and i am decidedly uncomfortable.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question...what did he do that you liked?
I just remember when we hired him it was right after that horrible loss to Pittsburgh(?) in the playoffs and he couldn't explain why the O went to shit.

That's exactly the way his last 2 press conferences have gone and i am decidedly uncomfortable.
As in 2013-15? Made the most of a pretty meh offense via scheme; even poor talent in hindsight. Ran it more here than he has in Philly. Probably because Wentz is just better than Smith. It wasn't pretty, but it was hard to argue he didn't get the most out what was available on offense in hindsight. I remember in his last game he called here against the Patriots, Spencer Ware was hurt, Knile Davis fumbled away the game, and Charcandrick West was the starter. Justin Houston on Defense was playing with a compromised ACL, and Jeremy Maclin was playing with a high ankle sprain. It was a pretty miserable offensive group and ended up within 1 score in a chilly loss in NE. As much as Reid got called for the clock that game, Doug was calling the plays in that final half. Not much he could do because Alex is just Alex and it's hard to break something that is hardwired into the QB. In retrospect, he was probably more impressive when he got a chance to show himself in playcalling than maybe was acknowledged at the time. In that playoff game, Albert Wilson was arguably the best WR; Jason Avant was the 2nd best WR. Travis Kelce was double bracketed so he wasn't much of an option.

I can tell you that period of time Reid/Pederson/Childress and co were more aggressively experimenting with spread/pistol type plays and formations. Pederson didn't really stay long enough for that to come to fruition, but he was certainly part of building that brand at the NFL level. They tried about everything to make Alex Smith look better than he really was.

With that being said, I am puzzled why the Eagles O is doing dick myself. Maybe doing worse at things that tend to be noisier like passing under pressure, 3rd and long, etc? Fumbles? The D I was always kinda meh on, the O I am legit confused by myself.