• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Cavs Trade Wiggins for Love?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't getting Love......the problem is what they'll have to give up to make the trade.

Salary match wise, they'll have to give up Bennett, Thompson and Waiters - there goes the bench. I don't think a team that features just 3 stars and waiver wire guys wins the east. And then there's the whole salary cap thing.......Love will want a max deal.

It basically happened the last 4 years so its not like its impossible...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It basically happened the last 4 years so its not like its impossible...

The Heat made the Finals last year with Lebron, Bosh, and a bunch of foot in the retirement home door guys. It does not take much to win the East right now. Despite everything Chicago has done their entire season still depends on Rose health and if he can return to form or not. Cleveland right now no matter if they get Love or not have a nice combination of youth and veterans. It would be a an upset if they don't make the Conference Finals.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As predicted, Minny turned down their trade offer of Bennett, Wiggins and a first.

They're going to ask for everything but the kitchen sink, because they KNOW Lebron wants Love.

They WILL get screwed in this deal if they don't wise up and back away from the table. Revisit this when Minny is more desperate, because right now they hold all the cards.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with RDreams on this one. If they can make a deal before the one month contract period I think they will. GS and others are hungry too. I am guessing Wiggins is frustrated but who knows. Who is Cavs defensive big to support Love? Is Varejao the key to all this?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with RDreams on this one. If they can make a deal before the one month contract period I think they will. GS and others are hungry too. I am guessing Wiggins is frustrated but who knows. Who is Cavs defensive big to support Love? Is Varejao the key to all this?

I've said this for awhile now. Minny wants an immediate impact starter. A rookie, a bust and a pick arent' going to get it done. They're going to want Thompson, Waiters, maybe both.

The Cavs may get Love.......but they are going to vastly overpay for him. Minny is in the drivers seat here.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long flip will hold onto love. right now they have leverage. at some point loves stock is going to go down due to minny losing leverage.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this for awhile now. Minny wants an immediate impact starter. A rookie, a bust and a pick arent' going to get it done. They're going to want Thompson, Waiters, maybe both.

The Cavs may get Love.......but they are going to vastly overpay for him. Minny is in the drivers seat here.

bennett sucked balls last year. but its hardly fair to label a 21 yr old entering his second year as a bust.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bennett sucked balls last year. but its hardly fair to label a 21 yr old entering his second year as a bust.

It's perfectly fair.

The #1 pick, in ANY league, is supposed to be a day 1 starter. Bennett may not even be in the league in another 2 years.

The Cavs offer simply isn't appealing. Cavs homers keep trying to argue this, but the GS offer is light years better because they're offering players that are PROVEN commodities in this league. Cleveland is offering potential.

Unless the Cavs offer significantly better players, WHY would Minny take that pathetic offer?

We're talking giving up one of the best players in the league for a rookie and a bust so far, along with a low pick? Really? That's a flat out HORRIBLE trade for Minny.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the sources that I trust- Sheridan, Amico,Withers of the AP - have said Wiggins has never even been offered

if you are in the business of trusting chris broussard--- good luck with that....

But i seriously doubt any kind of deal happens before the season starts- I think this will go to the trade deadline- with Saunders hoping the Twolves are in it and have a chance to make the playoffs and do something

when that delusion is proved false- he will deal him at the deadline at a reduced rate- or risk losing him for nothing...

the Cavs have ALL the leverage as long as they are patient.....they have the best asset (Wiggins)- tons of picks, and know that no matter what they are going to be a very good team next year with or without love

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends more on what Love wants to do in a couple of years. He may still want to play in LA and if puts an opt-out clause in the contract, I wouldn't trade Wiggins. If Love decides that he and James can win a couple of rings and he changes his mind about LA, then I'd think about it otherwise no.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's perfectly fair.

The #1 pick, in ANY league, is supposed to be a day 1 starter. Bennett may not even be in the league in another 2 years.

The Cavs offer simply isn't appealing. Cavs homers keep trying to argue this, but the GS offer is light years better because they're offering players that are PROVEN commodities in this league. Cleveland is offering potential.

Unless the Cavs offer significantly better players, WHY would Minny take that pathetic offer?

We're talking giving up one of the best players in the league for a rookie and a bust so far, along with a low pick? Really? That's a flat out HORRIBLE trade for Minny.

to lump Wiggins into the offer as a "prospect" or a "rookie" just totally misses the point...

in the last SEVEN NBA drafts...how many prospects are on the level of Wiggins?

i did this last night
2014- After the Embiid injury-just about everyone had Wiggins as consensus #1
2013- obviously no one
2012- Anthony Davis was probably a better prospect at the time of the draft (1)
2011- Kyrie was the best and he was not the prospect Wiggins si
2010- John Wall was a very good prospect but not the prospect Wiggins is
2009- BG- Griffen was very good- probably on the same level as Wiggins- close- (2)

So out of those prospects with as much hype as Wiggins or even a little less...Who missed?

Wall? Kyrie? Davis? Griffen?

cmon- This is not like taking a guy 5th or 6th that is supposed to be really good

this is an absolute ELITE prospect- a guy that in the last 6-7 years in the NBA is among the best prospects to come into the league- and all those guys have had VERY successful careers

While I am in no way shape or form disputing that the Twolves should get a good haul for love- they lose leverage everyday- he is NOT coming back there- if they dont pull the trigger they will lose him for NOTHING..

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sources that I trust- Sheridan, Amico,Withers of the AP - have said Wiggins has never even been offered

if you are in the business of trusting chris broussard--- good luck with that....

But i seriously doubt any kind of deal happens before the season starts- I think this will go to the trade deadline- with Saunders hoping the Twolves are in it and have a chance to make the playoffs and do something

when that delusion is proved false- he will deal him at the deadline at a reduced rate- or risk losing him for nothing...

the Cavs have ALL the leverage as long as they are patient.....they have the best asset (Wiggins)- tons of picks, and know that no matter what they are going to be a very good team next year with or without love

I'm not sure Wiggins is the best asset either.

Like I said.....it comes down to trading an All Star for POTENTIAL or PROVEN players......which would you as a GM rather have?

A rookie, a so far as we know bust, and a low draft pick? Or 3 players that could probably start for your team right now?

This is dependent on what Saunders values more.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is unproven and on top of that its not clear how much he compliments LBJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is unproven and on top of that its not clear how much he compliments LBJ

Logicman- look at the history of elite prospects coming into the NBA

what i outlined above--- in recent draft- who are the best comparisons to Wiggins in the level of talent people think they had?

guys like

Anthony Davis
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
Blake Griffen
Greg Oden
Derrick Rose

those guys were all extremely hyped #1 picks like Wiggins- how did those guys work out? besides Oden (who had injury problems- not lack of talent)- all of them have become extremely good- to great NBA players

what makes you think that Wiggins wont do the same? he is even a BETTER prospect at the time of the draft then anyone on that list besides Davis and maybe Rose.......(and Oden actually probably)...

To call Wiggins a "prospect" and an "unproven rookie" tells only about 5% of the story because guys like him- taken where he was- prove on a VERY HIGH probability that they will become great NBA players

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were talking about Aaron Gordon or Julius Randle or Marcus Smart or someone on that next tier of talent- then yah- i get it....there are no guarantees with those guys even though they probably will be very good

guys on Wiggins level- that go #1-? they ALMOST always become amazing NBA players- the level or risk is simply not there that you guys are trying to act like is there.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair argument Wiggy. I am especially high on A Davis. Could be the # 1 player in another 2 to 3 years. So assuming it took him 5 years to get there, and u compare him to Wiggins, its a 5 year plan. I just think Cleveland needs to strike now ...Lebron could easily get up and go. Get that ring now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair argument Wiggy. I am especially high on A Davis. Could be the # 1 player in another 2 to 3 years. So assuming it took him 5 years to get there, and u compare him to Wiggins, its a 5 year plan. I just think Cleveland needs to strike now ...Lebron could easily get up and go. Get that ring now

I agree that it might take Davis and Wiggins 5 years to fully get to the very top of their potential...

but i mean

In his second year Davis averaged 20 and 10 last year with nearly 3 blocks a game.....thats pretty damn good!!

and i mean- Kawhi Leonard- in their playoff loss to the Heat 2 years ago was a very good player in just his 2nd year- and i mean- in his 3rd year you saw how he became an elite defender and won the finals MVP....

and Kyrie- he made the all-star team in his 2nd and 3rd years...

no reason that- while Wiggins wont reach his full potential till a few years down the line- that he cant be a big time contributor in years 2 and 3- like those guys were

and you gotta remember- LeBron knows that even in miami they did not win it his first year....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's perfectly fair.

One year, especially not expecting to be a number 1 pick is not fair. If he has a good season this year, all will be forgotten.