• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Cavs Trade Wiggins for Love?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year, especially not expecting to be a number 1 pick is not fair. If he has a good season this year, all will be forgotten.

He's still a bust.

You want Minny to give up a top 5, 10 player for that and a rookie.

That's simply not a quality offer. Minny is never going to take that deal.

Cleveland will end up overpaying because they're going to have to add player(s) to that package. No GM in his right mind takes that deal.

This is why I've been saying the GS deal is light years better.....because you get back impact players NOW, not potential that may or may not ever get realized 5 years from now.

Wiggins could become the next great player in this league.....but that won't be in the next two seasons. Bennett may become a quality role player off the bench......but he needs to be developed.

Neither of those options does SQUAT for Minny unless they decide they are in full rebuild mode, and they are no where NEAR to thinking that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a bust.

You want Minny to give up a top 5, 10 player for that and a rookie.

That's simply not a quality offer. Minny is never going to take that deal.

Cleveland will end up overpaying because they're going to have to add player(s) to that package. No GM in his right mind takes that deal.

This is why I've been saying the GS deal is light years better.....because you get back impact players NOW, not potential that may or may not ever get realized 5 years from now.

Wiggins could become the next great player in this league.....but that won't be in the next two seasons. Bennett may become a quality role player off the bench......but he needs to be developed.

Neither of those options does SQUAT for Minny unless they decide they are in full rebuild mode, and they are no where NEAR to thinking that.

do u really think if they get Lee, Barnes, draymond green and a couple first rounders that they are a playoff team?

I dont think if they get Lee and Thompson they would be anywhere close to a playoff team...do you?

the best thing that they can do is try and swing for the fences and get a big time star

and as i said- you dont have to wait 5 years- Anthony Davis was 20 10 and 3blocks this year- Kyrie was an all star his first and 2nd year....Griffen certainly did not take 4-5 years to become a great player....now it might take those guys 5 years to reach their ABSOLUTE primes....but they can contribute big time in year 2 and 3...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do u really think if they get Lee, Barnes, draymond green and a couple first rounders that they are a playoff team?

I dont think if they get Lee and Thompson they would be anywhere close to a playoff team...do you?

the best thing that they can do is try and swing for the fences and get a big time star

and as i said- you dont have to wait 5 years- Anthony Davis was 20 10 and 3blocks this year- Kyrie was an all star his first and 2nd year....Griffen certainly did not take 4-5 years to become a great player....now it might take those guys 5 years to reach their ABSOLUTE primes....but they can contribute big time in year 2 and 3...

Yes, they will have to wait YEARS. Wiggins is not close to being an all star.

Minny is NOT in rebuild mode. You are asking, in essence, for them to take back POTENTIAL.

GS is offering PROVEN commodities. This trade is not even close - nor is it really even all that debatable.

The GS offer is LIGHT YEARS better. They believe with the pieces they have, adding Klay Thompson, David Lee and Harrison Barnes makes them a playoff contender.

Whether you or I believe that is irrelevant. If Flip Saunders believes that, is the question.

And the fact is, those players make them closer to a playoff team that what Cleveland is offering.

You are putting WAAAAAAAAY too much stock in an unproven rookie.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is unproven and on top of that its not clear how much he compliments LBJ
The fact is that it is yet to be seen if Kyrie can play a full season....And he loves to be THE MAN and score.............Is he willing to play second or third fiddle to Lebron and team ?? And can they pull of the deal for Love........ If the answer to these scenarios is yes.........Then they will definitely be able to contend for a title....

Plus Lebron wants Ray Allen...

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that it is yet to be seen if Kyrie can play a full season....And he loves to be THE MAN and score.............Is he willing to play second or third fiddle to Lebron and team ?? And can they pull of the deal for Love........ If the answer to these scenarios is yes.........Then they will definitely be able to contend for a title....

Plus Lebron wants Ray Allen...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F3CMVagiHQ]Monkey Smells Finger And Passes Out - YouTube[/ame]

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minny is NOT in rebuild mode. You are asking, in essence, for them to take back POTENTIAL.

GS is offering PROVEN commodities. This trade is not even close - nor is it really even all that debatable.

The GS offer is LIGHT YEARS better. They believe with the pieces they have, adding Klay Thompson, David Lee and Harrison Barnes makes them a playoff contender.

Whether you or I believe that is irrelevant. If Flip Saunders believes that, is the question.

And the fact is, those players make them closer to a playoff team that what Cleveland is offering.

I do not think you are giving NEAR enough credit to Wiggins. you are talking about him as if he is like a Julius Randle or Michael Carter Williams or Harrison Barnes, or a Dante Exum.

Think of the last 6-7 #1overall picks in the NBA and the impact they have had- ESPECIALLY the ones that are as hyped and as talented as Wiggins-

-2013- no one nearly as hyped as Wiggins
-2012- Anthony Davis was an extremely hyped #1 overall and the guy has been unreal. 21 pts 10 boards 3 blocks his 2nd year- and he looks to be a future MVP candidate...
-2011- KYrie- not NEARLY as hyped or talented coming out of school as Wiggins- in his first three years- TWO all star teams, all star game MVP, 3 pt shootout winner, ROY,
-2010- John Wall- was very hyped-but probably not as universally regarded as Wiggins-
-2009- Blake Griffin- his first two years he actually played?- 1st year- 22pts 12 boards!! LOL, 2nd year- 21 pts 11 boards! - probably very similar to the level Wiggins was regarded on
-2008- Derrikc Rose- WON the MVP in his 3rd season!!! 17 and 6 first year, 21 and 6 second year

All these guys have become ALL star level players- many of them have garnered mvp attention- LONg before their 5th year in the league

why do you think it is going to take Wiggins 5 years?

All the history you can look at shows you that players of his caliber coming out of school that go #1 almost ALWAYS become EXTREMELY good players- and almost always have a huge impact LONG before there 5thor even 4th years in the league

Wiggins is not a typical "prospect" or "rookie"- give him his due as the talent that he is- this guy is not dario saric or jan vesley or dion waiters or kemba walker or otto porter, or derrick williams- other top 10 picks in the lotto.......

this guy is one of the most talented, hyped and highly regarded prospects to come into the NBA in the last 7-8 years-and everyone that has gotten comparable hype has absolutely contributed big time LONG before their 5th year or even 4th year playing in the league

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the GSW offer is better if they want to be the 9th or 10th seed in the West next year...

if they want to win a playoff series or make the playoffs anytime in the next 3-4 years the Cavaliers offer is monumentally better

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I do not think you are giving NEAR enough credit to Wiggins. you are talking about him as if he is like a Julius Randle or Michael Carter Williams or Harrison Barnes, or a Dante Exum.

Think of the last 6-7 #1overall picks in the NBA and the impact they have had- ESPECIALLY the ones that are as hyped and as talented as Wiggins-

-2012- Anthony Davis was an extremely hyped #1 overall and the guy has been unreal. 21 pts 10 boards 3 blocks his 2nd year- and he looks to be a future MVP candidate...
-2011- KYrie- not NEARLY as hyped or talented coming out of school as Wiggins- in his first three years- TWO all star teams, all star game MVP, 3 pt shootout winner, ROY,
-2010- John Wall- was very hyped-but probably not as universally regarded as Wiggins-
-2009- Blake Griffin- his first two years he actually played?- 1st year- 22pts 12 boards!! LOL, 2nd year- 21 pts 11 boards! - probably very similar to the level Wiggins was regarded on
-2008- Derrikc Rose- WON the MVP in his 3rd season!!! 17 and 6 first year, 21 and 6 second year

All these guys have become ALL star level players- many of them have garnered mvp attention- LONg before their 5th year in the league

All the history you can look at shows you that players of his caliber coming out of school that go #1 almost ALWAYS become EXTREMELY good players- and almost always have a huge impact LONG before there 5thor even 4th years in the league

Wiggins is not a typical "prospect" or "rookie"- give him his due as the talent that he is- this guy is not dario saric or jan vesley or dion waiters or kemba walker or otto porter, or derrick williams- other top 10 picks in the lotto.......

this guy is one of the most talented, hyped and highly regarded prospects to come into the NBA in the last 7-8 years-and everyone that has gotten comparable hype has absolutely contributed big time LONG before their 5th year or even 4th year playing in the league

No.

He is a prospect, and a rookie. He didn't even dominate at the collegiate level. Everything you posted means NOTHING - because Wiggins himself has accomplished nothing.

WAAAAAAAY too much stock in an unproven talent. The fact is, you nor anyone else KNOWS for a fact what he will become. He could be the next Jordan.....or the next Harold Minor.

Once again - Flip Saunders job as a coach and GM is to win NOW......because if he doesn't, he won't have a job whenever Wiggins is playing at a high caliber.

He and the owner would have to BELIEVE they are in a full rebuild - and everything I've seen and read is the complete opposite of that.

Also, you simply don't part with a top 10 player for a rookie no matter how highly regarded he is until you have seen him play against NBA competition.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

He is a prospect, and a rookie. He didn't even dominate at the collegiate level. Everything you posted means NOTHING - because Wiggins himself has accomplished nothing.

WAAAAAAAY too much stock in an unproven talent. The fact is, you nor anyone else KNOWS for a fact what he will become. He could be the next Jordan.....or the next Harold Minor.

Once again - Flip Saunders job as a coach and GM is to win NOW......because if he doesn't, he won't have a job whenever Wiggins is playing at a high caliber.

He and the owner would have to BELIEVE they are in a full rebuild - and everything I've seen and read is the complete opposite of that.

Also, you simply don't part with a top 10 player for a rookie no matter how highly regarded he is until you have seen him play against NBA competition.

of course no one knows for a FACT what he will become. What i am trying to do is make a common sense analysis by looking at other similarly regarded #1 picks that have come into the league.

While absolutely NO ONE is guaranteed to be a star- the history strongly favors Wiggins becoming a high impact player and all-star long before his 5th year in the NBA.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course no one knows for a FACT what he will become. What i am trying to do is make a common sense analysis by looking at other similarly regarded #1 picks that have come into the league.

While absolutely NO ONE is guaranteed to be a star- the history strongly favors Wiggins becoming a high impact player and all-star long before his 5th year in the NBA.

That's fine, but what makes you think Flip Saunders HAS 5 years for him to develop?

You mention common sense.....but you are ignoring it in favor of an unproven rookie.

Flip Saunders has a top 10 player on his hands. He has a deal being offered that supplies him with 3 starters, that also allows him to dump a bad contract. His other offer is for a rookie, highly regarded or not, and a player that was nearly sent to the D-league last year.

Now tell me, based on this, that you honestly think Cleveland is offering the better package? I mean, seriously people, this isn't rocket science.

Cleveland will HAVE to up the ante if they want to land Love. Pretty much ALL they're offering is Wiggins.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Greg Oden and Kwame Brown were hyped as number one draft picks as well. We all saw how that turned out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out how Cavs fans are pointing out to other fanbases what it takes to put together a winning team. Can someone help me out?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out how Cavs fans are pointing out to other fanbases what it takes to put together a winning team. Can someone help me out?

Years of being shown what NOT to do?:noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy.

It's like a Convicted Criminal giving kids the " scared straight speech".

When you have stunk for as long as my Fanbase has, and the Cavs have post-Lebron I, it's easy to know what to do when you have run the board on every bad decision possible.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told everyone the trade for Love for Wiggins and Bennet would come back to haunt and hurt the Cavs and Lebron. Love has never made thru a full season because of injuries, now look he is injured and will not return for the rest of the playoffs. Had they kept Wiggins who was rookie of the year in the NBA this year and Bennett played well this year, had they kept them they would have a way better chance in this playoffs with the Bulls.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I doubt that trade will happen. Can you sent cash in trades in the NBA like the MLB?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it when Im actually right in these necroposts

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) We don't know if Wiggins will be a great player yet
B) We don't know whether Love will be back with the Cavs yet
C) Even if Wiggins turns into a superstar and Love bolts this summer... I still say they made the right decision at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and shows what might have worked out for the best... but not what the smart decision was at the time.