• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Cavs Trade Wiggins for Love?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C) Even if Wiggins turns into a superstar and Love bolts this summer... I still say they made the right decision at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and shows what might have worked out for the best... but not what the smart decision was at the time.

Exactly.

And the simple fact is Lebron signed with Cleveland knowing Love was coming as well. This trade was done weeks before any of us even started talking about it and months before it actually happened. If they don't get Love, they might not have convinced Lebron to come back to Cleveland.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were foolish to trade Wiggins for Love. Irving & Wiggins could have been a helluva backcourt duo for years. Instead Love will probably walk after the season & the Cavs will have nothing left from that trade. Great "decision" Cavs!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were foolish to trade Wiggins for Love. Irving & Wiggins could have been a helluva backcourt duo for years. Instead Love will probably walk after the season & the Cavs will have nothing left from that trade. Great "decision" Cavs!

I dont agree, I think it was the right move. We needed a PF, imagine the rebounding situation without Love. I know they could have acquired other big guys if they dont sign Love but he stretches the floor and that's what Lebron needed.

If Love didnt get hurt I think Cleveland gets into the Finals, not easily but they squeak in. With Wiggins it is a different situation and obviously the roster would look different. I think Shump is a better complete player than Wiggins, so it ended up working out.

The Cavs will need to beat the Bulls to convince Love to stay, most likely. So we will see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree, I think it was the right move. We needed a PF, imagine the rebounding situation without Love. I know they could have acquired other big guys if they dont sign Love but he stretches the floor and that's what Lebron needed.

If Love didnt get hurt I think Cleveland gets into the Finals, not easily but they squeak in. With Wiggins it is a different situation and obviously the roster would look different. I think Shump is a better complete player than Wiggins, so it ended up working out.

The Cavs will need to beat the Bulls to convince Love to stay, most likely. So we will see.

Hindsight is 20/20.....Wiggins right now would help a ton guarding on the perimeter--- but a healthy Love would be even better. I read a long article on ESPN about how advanced analytics don't really think much of Wiggins game. He is extremely young though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20.....Wiggins right now would help a ton guarding on the perimeter--- but a healthy Love would be even better. I read a long article on ESPN about how advanced analytics don't really think much of Wiggins game. He is extremely young though.

Injury aside, give me Wiggins and the rookie salary cap and all the extra money to get more assets any day of the week vs giving him the max now, and /or a year from now when the salaries jump.

Love might not say it, but he knows it.
If/when the Cavs lose it helps his cause..and the sooner they lose, the better.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. It would have been way better to keep Wiggins and develop his talent. Before, during, and after the trade, I was shaking my head. When he walks, the Cavs management will be stuck looking like a bunch of idiots.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to judge the trade. If it nets us even just one Championship it will have been worth it. Have faith man, Bron came back because Love was a done deal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) We don't know if Wiggins will be a great player yet
B) We don't know whether Love will be back with the Cavs yet
C) Even if Wiggins turns into a superstar and Love bolts this summer... I still say they made the right decision at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and shows what might have worked out for the best... but not what the smart decision was at the time.

It's not smart, and unprecedented, I believe to trade a #1 pick with the hype Wiggins had for a veteran player who will become a UFA.
Owners COVET #1 draft picks on a rookie salary scale, they don't trade them for a player whose going to want a 1 year max and then 30M plus a year later.

Only exception would be IMO if that player was a megastar like James or a handful of others.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was a mistake from day 1 unless Love re signs with the Cavs. imagine Cavs lose wiggins and don't sign Love and don't win the Championship this year. Bone head move of the year by the Cavs GM.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not smart, and unprecedented, I believe to trade a #1 pick with the hype Wiggins had for a veteran player who will become a UFA.
Owners COVET #1 draft picks on a rookie salary scale, they don't trade them for a player whose going to want a 1 year max and then 30M plus a year later.

Only exception would be IMO if that player was a megastar like James or a handful of others.

Makes sense unless one or more of the following are in play

1) You don't believe in the potential of the draft class
2) Making the move has an impact on obtaining a separate superstar player
3) You believe the move gives you a chance at a title in the immediate future

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense unless one or more of the following are in play

1) You don't believe in the potential of the draft class
2) Making the move has an impact on obtaining a separate superstar player
3) You believe the move gives you a chance at a title in the immediate future

Well, it was reported that James would have kept Wiggins if he would have signed with his 'team'.
I believe it. He then would have actually been more true to 'his' letter.

And, there's no guarantees, but I never heard one analyst question the talent of Wiggins.

Also, if the Cavs weren't so incompetent, they would have Olidepo.

Can you even imagine how much fun that group of players would be to watch?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was reported that James would have kept Wiggins if he would have signed with his 'team'.
I believe it. He then would have actually been more true to 'his' letter.

And, there's no guarantees, but I never heard one analyst question the talent of Wiggins.

Also, if the Cavs weren't so incompetent, they would have Olidepo.

Can you even imagine how much fun that group of players would be to watch?

Yeah, I actually agree that LeBron fully committed before Love did. We don't know, though, if there was any promise made to LeBron to go after him in their pitch.

It is fun to imagine... though I can't imagine the team being as good this year as they were.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^THIS^^^

Lebron, Durant, Kobe in his prime, those are the type of players that you make that kind of trade for, not Kevin Love.

As has been pointed out, the Love trade was about winning a title now. But of course, it's still not championship or bust for them. :rolleyes2:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF u had wiggins u wouldn't have JR and Iman. No need for them. Everything happens for a reason.