• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Cavs Trade Wiggins for Love?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highlights I saw, alot of the shots were circus like, bringing the ball down to his waist and flipping it up off the glass. That shit isnt gonna fly in the real nba. Point guards are gonna be taking that away.

It would have been better for the cavs to have traded the pick for Love before they chose Wiggins. There is a good enough chance for them to get Love when he becomes a free agent, I think it would be better to give Lebron his first year back with the club a chance to figure out their own chemistry instead of giving up Wiggins.

I do not understand this line of reasoning. Some people seem to think Cleveland would be the only team trying to sign him. If he becomes a FA you may as well pencil him in as a Laker right now. They'll have the most money outside of Minny to offer, and its where he wants to go to begin with. I see almost NO chance Cleveland gets him as an FA next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand this line of reasoning. Some people seem to think Cleveland would be the only team trying to sign him. If he becomes a FA you may as well pencil him in as a Laker right now. They'll have the most money outside of Minny to offer, and its where he wants to go to begin with. I see almost NO chance Cleveland gets him as an FA next year.

You are probably right but even after next year when KL's contract is up which team (as of right now at least) has the better chance of winning it all...the LeBron led Cavs or the Kobe led Lakers? Although I also know KL's Cali guy & might wanna go back home.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah, much more competition for him then and since is his home is there. But if he truly wants to win, he will see what the Cavs did and what the Lakers did and after that it should be a no-brainer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the power, why not. He can do what he wants, when he wants.

Because that led to so many titles when he was in Cleveland the first time? It seems like Lebron is more interested in playing GM than he is in playing basketball.

He had all of the power in Cleveland before and left because he couldn't win a title with the players that he told Cleveland to sign. Then he goes to Miami where they have a competent GM who wouldn't let Lebron run all over the organization and he gets 4 straight finals appearances and 2 titles.

Now, he goes back to Cleveland because Riley wouldn't let him run the Heat and he wants them to trade away assets that could keep him in contention for the rest of his career to bring in Kevin Love.

He preached patience in his letter, but what he wants Cleveland to do, seems the opposite of patience. How about playing with this team for a game or 2 before deciding who needs to go and who needs to be brought in?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that led to so many titles when he was in Cleveland the first time? It seems like Lebron is more interested in playing GM than he is in playing basketball.

He had all of the power in Cleveland before and left because he couldn't win a title with the players that he told Cleveland to sign. Then he goes to Miami where they have a competent GM who wouldn't let Lebron run all over the organization and he gets 4 straight finals appearances and 2 titles.

Now, he goes back to Cleveland because Riley wouldn't let him run the Heat and he wants them to trade away assets that could keep him in contention for the rest of his career to bring in Kevin Love.

He preached patience in his letter, but what he wants Cleveland to do, seems the opposite of patience. How about playing with this team for a game or 2 before deciding who needs to go and who needs to be brought in?[/
QUOTE]

His letter? Get real.

They need to start making the puppet commercials again.
They only need 2. James and Gilbert.

Such bullshit about "who am I to hold a grudge", etc..

If he was so forgiving, why not forgive before you meet with him on the plane and are promised the run of the operation?
He had 4 years to do so.

This next CBA lockout is going to be real interesting because the owners intentions in this one totally backfired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He preached patience in his letter, but what he wants Cleveland to do, seems the opposite of patience. How about playing with this team for a game or 2 before deciding who needs to go and who needs to be brought in?

Recruiting players has nothing to do with anything, it is helping his chances.

He couldn't recruit anyone before, he got an aging Shaq and Jamison to come. Now since he has the titles and is the best, also he has good relationships with these former teammates, I don't see the problem. He has s coach to actually coach the team.

Btw...he has impacted 3 bench players to sign, which hurts nothing. If he gets Love, it will be bc the team trades for him. I don't think all power goes to him bc he recruited a couple players, c'mon lets be realistic here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting players has nothing to do with anything, it is helping his chances.

He couldn't recruit anyone before, he got an aging Shaq and Jamison to come. Now since he has the titles and is the best, also he has good relationships with these former teammates, I don't see the problem. He has s coach to actually coach the team.

Btw...he has impacted 3 bench players to sign, which hurts nothing. If he gets Love, it will be bc the team trades for him. I don't think all power goes to him bc he recruited a couple players, c'mon lets be realistic here.

He was already the best player when he left. Also, he's doing a lot more than just recruiting. In order to bring in Love, the Cavs will have to part with valuable young assets that could keep him in contention for the rest of his career, to bring in Love with a couple of guys who are at the end of their careers.

Recruiting, is what Kobe did with 'Melo. The Lakers had the cap space to get him and Kobe tried to convince him to be a Laker. It had zero impact on players that were under contract. Lebron is trying to get a guy to come in that require major moves on the part of the Cavs, that's not recruiting, that's playing GM.

Also, Lebron doesn't even know what he has as far as a team and how good they can be, yet he already wants guys traded away to get who he wants. Given what's come out about some of his issues with the Heat FO (like where his friends sat during games) it's seems clear that his problem in Miami was that Riley wouldn't let him and his buddies run the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His letter? Get real.

They need to start making the puppet commercials again.
They only need 2. James and Gilbert.

Such bullshit about "who am I to hold a grudge", etc..

If he was so forgiving, why not forgive before you meet with him on the plane and are promised the run of the operation?
He had 4 years to do so.

This next CBA lockout is going to be real interesting because the owners intentions in this one totally backfired.

To be fair, the letter had his name on it.:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way Trojan, LeBron came to Cleveland out of the goodness of his little heart. :L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron playing GM is going to cost him a potential title run.

Saunders KNOWS Lebron is calling the shots......so he has no incentive to negotiate in good faith. He knows the Cavs will do ANYTHING to keep him happy. Cleveland, if they're smart, pulls out of the Love trade talks for a few weeks. All Minny is going to do at this point is ask for half the roster and wait them out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saunders KNOWS Lebron is calling the shots......so he has no incentive to negotiate in good faith. He knows the Cavs will do ANYTHING to keep him happy. Cleveland, if they're smart, pulls out of the Love trade talks for a few weeks. All Minny is going to do at this point is ask for half the roster and wait them out.

Not true, Lebron doesn't have a say in who leaves and who doesn't, he merely just talks to the players. He has no part in anything else. You guys are becoming delusional man, I know he is a great people person and manipulator, but he is just good at recruiting his friends. Let them ask, they will end up getting nothing for Love. The longer they wait, the worse off they are and less leverage they have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. If Kevin Love really wants to go to Cleveland and play with Lebron, he can force his way there if the Cavs are patient. Meanwhile, Lebron can maybe play a few games with the Cavs roster to see what they really have. He may learn that he is better off without Love.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no good reason to think LeBron wasn't the main voice in that letter or that the sentiments in the letter aren't sincere.

All of these arrogant, absolutist, definitive statements pronouncing otherwise are pure conjecture and many of them are laced with sour grapes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no good reason to think LeBron wasn't the main voice in that letter or that the sentiments in the letter aren't sincere.

All of these arrogant, absolutist, definitive statements pronouncing otherwise are pure conjecture and many of them are laced with sour grapes.

I guess some people just read between the lines better than others.:L

Maybe take 5, go back and re-read it, and then look what has transpired since.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true, Lebron doesn't have a say in who leaves and who doesn't, he merely just talks to the players. He has no part in anything else. You guys are becoming delusional man, I know he is a great people person and manipulator, but he is just good at recruiting his friends. Let them ask, they will end up getting nothing for Love. The longer they wait, the worse off they are and less leverage they have.

LOL man you are GUZZLING the Kool Aid right now.

It's OBVIOUS Lebron is calling the shots. HE wants Love, so Gilbert will do whatever it takes to keep his cash cow happy.

If you think otherwise I pity you. Minny knows this as well......they know they can ask for the moon here, and sooner or later the Cavs will cave in.

They already have on Wiggins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL man you are GUZZLING the Kool Aid right now.

It's OBVIOUS Lebron is calling the shots. HE wants Love, so Gilbert will do whatever it takes to keep his cash cow happy.

If you think otherwise I pity you. Minny knows this as well......they know they can ask for the moon here, and sooner or later the Cavs will cave in.

They already have on Wiggins.

Well of course he is recruiting Love. They WANT Wiggins, the Cavs will be smart about who they include bc they know the only piece they really care about is Wiggins.

As long as Cleveland keeps Waiters I will be happy. Along, Lebron and Kyrie he can be a huge factor. He can be a Wade type of player, obviously I'm not comparing him to Wade, but he is a key in this trade. They can't afford to give Wig and Waiters.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say some people read between the lines too much.

Quotation-Margaret-Millar-reading-people-Meetville-Quotes-166153.jpg

The main 2 arguments people have when claiming that LeBron is acting contrary to the letter:

1) His contract is only 2 years with an option.

I firmly believe, as do the majority of people, that the 2 year contract has nothing to do with any thoughts of leaving Cleveland any time soon.

2) In the letter he talked of patience, but now he wants Kevin Love.

First of all, this is conjectures, there's no verified source that LeBron has said he wants Love over Wiggins. Secondly... because he acknowledged that winning a championship would be hard and require patience and probably not happen in the first year.... he's not allowed to want a good player on his team??!? That's completely absurd. Every player... regardless of their patience level... is going to have an opinion about which player they'd rather have on the team and which player would best help them. Doesn't make him any less patient or any less sincere in the sentiment that winning a championship will be hard.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He definitely has input. With his 2-year deal and 1-year opt out, Lebron holds power over the organization. They better keep him happy or risk losing him, again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon be realistic, yes the guy helped him out but the main point of the article came from Lebron. It wasn't all him, but the idea and main point was his. I'm sure he helped him add shit and tweak. Some of you Heat fans already are butthurt.

If he would of wrote this letter to Miami before he went there , you would be drooling and sucking him off. :L