• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman Returns

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the "highlights" of Sherman's presser, and I also listened to Doug Baldwin's presser. What stood out to me on the Baldwin piece was when they asked him about what kind of reception he thought Sherm would get in light of how things ended, and Baldwin said that he hoped it would be positive based on (paraphrasing) all the great things he did for this team/city/franchise. Then they asked him if he thought Sherman was going to put the bad ending aside and instead go into the return to Seattle remembering all those positive moments, and Baldwin basically said that the human nature of it will make it hard to do so maybe not. So, I guess Baldwin thinks the fans should be expected to put the way he left town behind them, but Sherman doesn't have to? I thought it was interesting if not a bit hypocritical. And not all surprising.

Sherm definitely had a chance to give some compliments to his former QB but decided not to take it -- said he had "no relationship" with Russell, and that he's seen him throw 5 picks in a game as a comeback to being asked about how tough Russell is to play against or something like that. I don't really care about the relationship part, but I don't see what you get about bringing up a bad game over a 6 season stretch that included 5 playoff appearances and 2 SB trips. On the whole, not that big of a deal, but would it kill the guy to say something nice or positive about your former teammate when it's sitting right in front of you?

Yeah... and he went out of his way to insult him too. He was asked about the special things he's seen Russell do and completely pivoted and said "yeah, well I've also seen him throw 5 picks in a game".

I hope Russell and Lockett connect on a deep ball Sunday with 25 chasing.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading between the lines:

1) Sherman was more likely than not jealous of the preferable treatment for Wilson. And why not? QB’s will always have the preferable treatment.

2) Sherman does not think much of Wilson, meaning he does not think Wilson is a good QB, but rather benefited from the stout defense. On the contrary, Wilson is very good.

3) Wilson’s robotic nature annoyed Sherman. But it’s okay for Sherman to lash out because that’s his nature. Very hypocritical.

4) Sherman is apparent still very anal with how he was let go. I believe he wanted to finish his career here. DB’s comments suggested that and one day after he retired, the animosity will subside. He made it easy for the Hawks to get rid of him by continuing to lash out at PC after the SB loss.

Totally agree. Yesterday's comments just reinforced everything I already thought - it was time for him to go.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... and he went out of his way to insult him too. He was asked about the special things he's seen Russell do and completely pivoted and said "yeah, well I've also seen him throw 5 picks in a game".

I hope Russell and Lockett connect on a deep ball Sunday with 25 chasing.
Yeah, really cheap and lacking class and respect if you ask me. And then on the other end of that spectrum is Russell Wilson, who had nothing but good things to say about Sherman.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to the Sherman return, and something I was just thinking about. Someone had mentioned earlier in the thread about how they are glad the NFL doesn't do highlight videos for returning players while they are on another team. I actually would LOVE for the Hawks to do a video for Sherman pre-game. Start it with warm and fuzzy highlights but end on him tipping the ball against his now 49er squad showing the dejected Niners walking off the field; maybe throw in his interview with Erin Andrews as the cherry on top, lol.
Something like that would be great...

like in 7 years when he's retired and comes back to be inducted to the Ring of Honor and/or raise the flag.

For now, I think it's a bit too soon when it's his first trip back and he's wearing colors of the arch rival from the era of Seahawks he's going to be most famously remembered for.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys boo anyone it should be Bennett. It was his acts that really changed how the players acted. Pay the man, he should be paid, oh pay me also btw, and pay this guy, Wilson isn't black enough. Wilson is not held to the same level as us defensive players. Yeah that guy. He was planting poison pills into the team chemistry for years.

He wasn't as vocal but his actions and statements were more disruptive.

Clark/Avril would have been as effective and maybe even more so than Bennett Avril if you ask me. Bad resigning when they resigned Bennett. I know, I know, Hindsight is 20/20. Was it hindsight though? not for me.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any actual EVIDENCE of Bennett being that way?

I call bullshit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any actual EVIDENCE of Bennett being that way?

I call bullshit.

yes, these things were caught on Video. Just look at when Kam was holding out what Bennett said about Paying him and oh BTW pay me. The Not black enough comment i have no doubt came from Bennett because it came out right after Bennett brought up Wilson not being held to the same level as everyone else, yes bennett said it first and Sherman grabbed on to it. Then i got a first hand meeting of him when he was treating the White kids like they were invisible, it was disgusting. They crowded around him all excited and he signed like 15 autographs. Not joking and there was about 10 colored kids and 40 white kids, he made sure he signed the color kids items but was very standoffish with the white children, i mean WTF! That was the day ( season before he was a FA ) i started to really watch his actions. Dude is a douche and a racist.

When the Hawks Had Bennett as a rookie i just loved him and thought for sure they would keep him but they didn't and i had no clue as to why. Now i think i see why. I think the Coaching staff didn't like the way he was because he sure as hell played well enough to make the team thats for damn sure.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, these things were caught on Video. Just look at when Kam was holding out what Bennett said about Paying him and oh BTW pay me. The Not black enough comment i have no doubt came from Bennett because it came out right after Bennett brought up Wilson not being held to the same level as everyone else, yes bennett said it first and Sherman grabbed on to it. Then i got a first hand meeting of him when he was treating the White kids like they were invisible, it was disgusting. They crowded around him all excited and he signed like 15 autographs. Not joking and there was about 10 colored kids and 40 white kids, he made sure he signed the color kids items but was very standoffish with the white children, i mean WTF! That was the day ( before he was a FA ) i started to really watch his actions. Dude is a douche and a racist.

So you're going by your feelings.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And absoLUTELY. He built houses in Haiti. You know where he DIDN'T build houses? Beverly Hills.

Friggin' racist!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys boo anyone it should be Bennett. It was his acts that really changed how the players acted. Pay the man, he should be paid, oh pay me also btw, and pay this guy, Wilson isn't black enough. Wilson is not held to the same level as us defensive players. Yeah that guy. He was planting poison pills into the team chemistry for years.

He wasn't as vocal but his actions and statements were more disruptive.

Clark/Avril would have been as effective and maybe even more so than Bennett Avril if you ask me. Bad resigning when they resigned Bennett. I know, I know, Hindsight is 20/20. Was it hindsight though? not for me.

I was pretty much done with Bennett by the time the Las Vegas incident happened. I just couldn't stand his me-first play style.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, these things were caught on Video. Just look at when Kam was holding out what Bennett said about Paying him and oh BTW pay me. The Not black enough comment i have no doubt came from Bennett because it came out right after Bennett brought up Wilson not being held to the same level as everyone else, yes bennett said it first and Sherman grabbed on to it. Then i got a first hand meeting of him when he was treating the White kids like they were invisible, it was disgusting. They crowded around him all excited and he signed like 15 autographs. Not joking and there was about 10 colored kids and 40 white kids, he made sure he signed the color kids items but was very standoffish with the white children, i mean WTF! That was the day ( season before he was a FA ) i started to really watch his actions. Dude is a douche and a racist.

When the Hawks Had Bennett as a rookie i just loved him and thought for sure they would keep him but they didn't and i had no clue as to why. Now i think i see why. I think the Coaching staff didn't like the way he was because he sure as hell played well enough to make the team thats for damn sure.

Do you seriously refer to these kids as "colored?"

Maybe don't.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you call them black they get offended, you call them African American they get offended. So i asked my friend how we should mention it and he said, "call them colored." He is Colored BTW.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And absoLUTELY. He built houses in Haiti. You know where he DIDN'T build houses? Beverly Hills.

Friggin' racist!

LOL

that was Cliff Avril, now there is a great man. He gave me the most respectful Handshake ever and called me Sir. Wish he was still playing. Great Man.

Yes That was Avrils thing and he had been doing it for YEARS! I think Bennett finally went with him the last time but i very well could be mistaken, he may have never went.

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not "personality traits" that is my issue. It's behavior. Not the same. I agree he was on of the best Hawks ever, but that doesn't give him license to behave however he wants and be free of any kind of consequence. I probably will not boo on Sunday, but I won't be jumping for joy to welcome him back.
Behavior???!!! Really? Richard's behavior has been the same since the day he got here, the only change was the subject of his ire. Think about where he came from? That behavior or personality is prolly what got him out of a situation where almost 100% don't succeed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Behavior???!!! Really? Richard's behavior has been the same since the day he got here, the only change was the subject of his ire. Think about where he came from? That behavior or personality is prolly what got him out of a situation where almost 100% don't succeed.
Yes, behavior. What a person does. That's different than what a person is. One could be a window into the other, but I'm focused on the behaviors....mainly the ones after the SB49 loss when he started putting members of the organization in the crosshairs. That is different behavior than when he was going after Crabtree, Bayless, et al. Protect the team is rule #1. He broke it the last couple years here, and I think he deserves criticism for it. If you don't, that's up to you.

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, behavior. What a person does. That's different than what a person is. One could be a window into the other, but I'm focused on the behaviors....mainly the ones after the SB49 loss when he started putting members of the organization in the crosshairs. That is different behavior than when he was going after Crabtree, Bayless, et al. Protect the team is rule #1. He broke it the last couple years here, and I think he deserves criticism for it. If you don't, that's up to you.
I disagree, the behavior is the same, you're just mad because now it's about the team, you had to know with Richard, when it ended it was gonna be rough. : )

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, the behavior is the same, you're just mad because now it's about the team, you had to know with Richard, when it ended it was gonna be rough. : )
Well, knowing it's gonna be rough doesn't mean I have to be ok with it when it happens. He should get credit and be held accountable for his behavior. Not sure why I would want it a different way.

EDIT: and mad? Nah. I am usually pretty good about taking the emotion out of things when evaluating a situation. Part of my career for 25 years....

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, knowing it's gonna be rough doesn't mean I have to be ok with it when it happens. He should get credit and be held accountable for his behavior. Not sure why I would want it a different way.
I have to agree with you there. It's just a personal choice, I would stand and give him his due, then cheer our team as they destroy the Niners. Thanks for your service JMR dawg USN 80 -84

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you there. It's just a personal choice, I would stand and give him his due, then cheer our team as they destroy the Niners. Thanks for your service JMR dawg USN 80 -84

Awesome!! Thanks for yours. My old man is a Vietnam era Navy vet as well.

For this first one I think I'll have a tough time with a warm welcome for Sherm, but he was my 2nd fave Hawk from this era so there will definitely be a day when I am once again behind him all the way....probably when he comes back to raise the flag, go into the Ring of Honor, etc. And he'll be in the Hall as a Seahawk too.

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For this first one I think I'll have a tough time with a warm welcome for Sherm, but he was my 2nd fave Hawk from this era so there will definitely be a day when I am once again behind him all the way....probably when he comes back to raise the flag, go into the Ring of Honor, etc. And he'll be in the Hall as a Seahawk too.

I kinda still feel that way about Kam of all hawks, I think he hurt the team as badly as anyone. And I love Bam Bam, it's tough being a fan. lol