• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman Returns

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and when Wagner loses a step, or becomes too expensive, or some combination of the two - he could EASILY be treated exactly the same way. Teams don't pay guys for being good behavior. They pay them for contributing to winning.

I disagree I believe if you were a great player but lost a step but you were a model player and are willing to take a pay cut to stay on the team a lot of times the team will keep you around because they want you as a role model player. A guy who was great, who helped the team win, and was willing to take pay cuts to help the team is what you want in the locker room. Like an Antonio Gates and soon a Larry Fitzgerald. If Sherman was a great role model the hawks would have came at him asking for a pay cut and he would still be on the team. The hawks offered Thomas an extension but he wanted to be the highest paid safety in the league but if he would have signed the original offer he would also still be on the team. Players like Dez Bryant get cut because of poor locker room leadership, being a role model player goes a very long way

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Just have a little class and respect. No matter what team he plays for. I do believe in Fuck the niners but to me the enemy plays in LA.

PS Jays fan that lives along way from Toronto. Try harder next time ok Junior.
I will not respect an athlete that puts down or undermines the team and coach that I root for. Did Sherm respect Jim Moore as he as merely trying to do his job? Did Sherm respect Pete when he told the media that Pete has lost his way? Did he respect his team mates and coaches when on the sideline?
He is a great player that no longer gets any respect from me due to the horseshit he caused/stirred/created.
I don't know if you go to games or not, but it is usual and customary to boo the visiting team when they enter the play field for both warm ups and introductions...even in London.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Sherman or hate Sherman it doesn't really matter. There should be a god dam bronze statue of this play outside the Clink. Probably the single biggest moment in Seahawks history.

3f431eda-2403-11e8-b742-11b5dd0c4686-780x669.jpg

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were there and able to go to the game I would boo my ass off. Sherman the last couple years was a sideline trouble maker, I don't know about locker room. My personal opinion is any and all trouble makers were removed from this team in an effort to create a better locker room. Talent can only take you so far. Sherman as well as Bennett were causing too much trouble and ruining chemistry.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not respect an athlete that puts down or undermines the team and coach that I root for. Did Sherm respect Jim Moore as he as merely trying to do his job? Did Sherm respect Pete when he told the media that Pete has lost his way? Did he respect his team mates and coaches when on the sideline?
He is a great player that no longer gets any respect from me due to the horseshit he caused/stirred/created.
I don't know if you go to games or not, but it is usual and customary to boo the visiting team when they enter the play field for both warm ups and introductions...even in London.

Oh i know the booing visiting team customs. Been around too long for that.

I get that he is a asshole, but as the pic DK posted. He is a asshole who gave us some pretty good memories.

THAT IS WHY i chose to respect him

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Sherman or hate Sherman it doesn't really matter. There should be a god dam bronze statue of this play outside the Clink. Probably the single biggest moment in Seahawks history.

3f431eda-2403-11e8-b742-11b5dd0c4686-780x669.jpg

And this.

p14-nfc-a-20150120-870x606.jpg

Tearing up right now because I remember where I was when the miracle comeback was complete

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this.

p14-nfc-a-20150120-870x606.jpg

Tearing up right now because I remember where I was when the miracle comeback was complete

Lol, I have hole in my ceiling to this day because of that game. My son punched a hole in the ceiling when we scored to go ahead in that game. We even got it on video. I actually put a frame around the hole with the final score of the game under it.

Forward to about 1:28 and you can see my son, very excitedly, punch the hole in the ceiling.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I have hole in my ceiling to this day because of that game. My son punched a hole in the ceiling when we scored to go ahead in that game. We even got it on video. I actually put a frame around the hole with the final score of the game under it.

Forward to about 1:28 and you can see my son, very excitedly, punch the hole in the ceiling.

That is a great family moment and thanks for sharing that.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i know the booing visiting team customs. Been around too long for that.

I get that he is a asshole, but as the pic DK posted. He is a asshole who gave us some pretty good memories.

THAT IS WHY i chose to respect him
Fair enough bro.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would personally cheer him.

I'm not happy with the way things ended, but there is blame on both sides. Seahawks could've approached Sherman about restructuring, but who knows if Sherman would have even been open to that. Additionally, releasing Sherman made sense with the Seahawks re-tooling and low on cap space. Holding on to a 30 year old CB coming off a serious achilles injury who was due $12m - or whatever it was - didn't seem like the most prudent decision for the Seahawks.

That being said; Sherman is unquestionably the best CB in franchise history, one of the best defensive players in Seahawks' history and was a key component of one of the best runs by a defense in NFL history.

So yeah, I think he deserves a good welcome back.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no imagination, a very necessary trait for a Seattle sports fan.

Or i HAVE an imagination, to see where you thought you were going with that little bit of inspired thesaurusitis, but got the humour in it anyway.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally. And if/when that day comes for Bobby (after all, the team cutting you isn't the only way you leave town), I would wager with confidence he'll handle it a bit more admirably than Sherman did.

I have little doubt.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but also disagree. Guys like Bobby tend to get more leeway in the way these things go down. Teams tend to let them get further into their decline - because they tend to be great mentors and don't hurt the team with distractions. That's no guarantee that the hawks won't part ways with him in the future - but even Belichek will keep players well past their prime if he thinks having them around will help the team in some way.

Will that happen with Bobby, I don't know - but I think he has a much better chance to be kept than Sherman ever did.

What Beli are you watching? Respected vets with price tags? Boom, out the door! :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree I believe if you were a great player but lost a step but you were a model player and are willing to take a pay cut to stay on the team a lot of times the team will keep you around because they want you as a role model player. A guy who was great, who helped the team win, and was willing to take pay cuts to help the team is what you want in the locker room. Like an Antonio Gates and soon a Larry Fitzgerald. If Sherman was a great role model the hawks would have came at him asking for a pay cut and he would still be on the team. The hawks offered Thomas an extension but he wanted to be the highest paid safety in the league but if he would have signed the original offer he would also still be on the team. Players like Dez Bryant get cut because of poor locker room leadership, being a role model player goes a very long way

I'll meet you part way. Yes, class and decorum CAN have an influence. I think where we differ is how much. If you're an all-time great, and a class guy, the team may let you ride out a couple of seasons? Fair enough. That doesn't apply to most players though, and what I'm arguing is that even HOF guys, what matters most is production. Fitz is still contributing on the field. If he wasn't, he'd be cut.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Beli are you watching? Respected vets with price tags? Boom, out the door! :)

Troy Brown
Tedy Bruschi
Kevin Faulk

Just to name a few.

I didn't say that Wags would be retained at any salary - I said he has a better chance to be retained than Sherman did.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll meet you part way. Yes, class and decorum CAN have an influence. I think where we differ is how much. If you're an all-time great, and a class guy, the team may let you ride out a couple of seasons? Fair enough. That doesn't apply to most players though, and what I'm arguing is that even HOF guys, what matters most is production. Fitz is still contributing on the field. If he wasn't, he'd be cut.

One more thing on this and we can let it go and we do have a difference of opinion. I really believe Sherman got cut more so because of his loud mouth and if he was a locker room guy he would have been offered a pay cut. I am not sure what Doug Baldwin will be making but we can agree given his age, lack of production, Tyler locket and Moores success and his battles with injury this season he may be on the chopping block. I think his leadership style and what he bring to the team the hawks will not just cut him. They will at a minimum ask for a restructure of his contract. Players around the league talk to one another the hawks will have a hard time landing free agents if they build a reputation of treating their players badly and cutting whomever as soon as they lose a step

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he gets rid of veterans more than anyone - which is why he was my example that even he keeps the right veterans around.

I wonder if they regret Chandler Jones that guy is still one of the best today at pass rushing and for what other defensive players are getting paid and how bad the cardinals have been he has not gone to the media asking to be traded

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing on this and we can let it go and we do have a difference of opinion. I really believe Sherman got cut more so because of his loud mouth and if he was a locker room guy he would have been offered a pay cut. I am not sure what Doug Baldwin will be making but we can agree given his age, lack of production, Tyler locket and Moores success and his battles with injury this season he may be on the chopping block. I think his leadership style and what he bring to the team the hawks will not just cut him. They will at a minimum ask for a restructure of his contract. Players around the league talk to one another the hawks will have a hard time landing free agents if they build a reputation of treating their players badly and cutting whomever as soon as they lose a step

I think your example of Baldwin is a perfect illustrator. There's been some noise online and in the media about him being a malcontent too recently, that Doug is spreading rumours about Wilson. Some people consider him a perfect team guy, some people don't.

Pretty subjective.