• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan On The Hot Seat

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using McNabb as an example is probably not the best thing to do.

It wasn't an example it was and addition. More accurately "McNabb called the wrong play often."

Better?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God...I hope RG3 isn't a lazy football player that refused to learn the playbook like McNabb.

right now it seems he simply made an error

it is the 1st time i have heard of this from him so i lean on it simply being an error

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now it seems he simply made an error

it is the 1st time i have heard of this from him so i lean on it simply being an error

Also see alot of issue with headset and the like ...

I'm willing to chuck it up to slip of the tongue or mispronunciation & miss communication rather then lazy study habits.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen him throw to the wrong place several times this season.

And that means he doesn't know the play book? C'mon man, you understand football pretty well. He made a mistake and he has a lot to learn still but I don' think that means he doesn't know the playbook.

He has thrown to the wrong spot because he needs to be able to process he reads better and not get locked in on certain receivers. Every QB in the league can be guilty of that.

I agree with what Moss said and have thought that for quite some time. He needs to take more personal responsibility and stop saying "we" all the time. Peyton and Brady admit when they screw up and don't put it on the entire team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a coach that has been as good without their SB winning QB except Joe Gibbs.

Goes without saying you need good QB play to win but to answer your question...Cowher did pretty well before Ben got there...reached a SB with O'Donnell.

But, you're missing my point...not just good...Shanahan is touted as being among the best in the game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes without saying you need good QB play to win but to answer your question...Cowher did pretty well before Ben got there...reached a SB with O'Donnell.

But, you're missing my point...not just good...Shanahan is touted as being among the best in the game

Elway lost 3 superbowls before shanahan arrived , food for thought

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard what RG3 said in his presser. I didn't take it as a slap at Kyle, I just thought he was it was more just praising the other team. Everyone wants to read something into every statement and try and insinuate ulterior motives. I just didn't hear it.

Also what I didn't hear was RG3 taking individual responsibility for his poor play, which is disappointing. The fact is even if they knew our scheme and play calling tendencies, if RG3 would have hit a couple of wide open receivers, we would have scored twice in the first half. Unfortunately, his passes sailed high and we had to punt after driving the ball to mid field and beyond. Sometimes you just have to say I fucked up. I had a bad day. He would get respect and understanding. Now, he's getting crucified in the press. Hopefully, he will learn.
chad_anderson3
@httr24_7 "I'm the quarterback and the responsibility falls on me" after GB. "If you want to pin it on someone, pin it on me" after Lions.
41 minutes ago Reply
Retweet

Favorite

he has taken responsibility before . i think people are mixing up his words

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't this week. Even Santana commented on it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that means he doesn't know the play book? C'mon man, you understand football pretty well. He made a mistake and he has a lot to learn still but I don' think that means he doesn't know the playbook.

He has thrown to the wrong spot because he needs to be able to process he reads better and not get locked in on certain receivers. Every QB in the league can be guilty of that.

I agree with what Moss said and have thought that for quite some time. He needs to take more personal responsibility and stop saying "we" all the time. Peyton and Brady admit when they screw up and don't put it on the entire team.

The more intimate you are with the playbook, the easier it is to process information. It goes beyond just reciting plays. He needs to think about situations in the game while he's at home.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BZiJ7lHCMAA5j7j.png

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just when you thought the circus couldnt get any wilder ....

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, losing a game can sometimes just eat away at people

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he didnt say anything in that press conference that indicated to me that he absolved himself of any blame . he said he made a mistake and should have thrown it to the sideline . he said it was something he could learn from .

does he have to come out with a coloring book and crayons ?

the fact is he is on record for accepting blame for losses .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didnt say anything in that press conference that indicated to me that he absolved himself of any blame . he said he made a mistake and should have thrown it to the sideline . he said it was something he could learn from .

does he have to come out with a coloring book and crayons ?

the fact is he is on record for accepting blame for losses .

Well apparently he must need the "coloring book and crayons" as most didn't hear it the same way as you, not even his teammates. How about the other throws that he missed to wide open receivers. See, that game should have never come down to that last play. Even his fumble in the red zone was, to a certain extent, his fault. He had reed wide open early, looked right at him, and didn't throw it. Then he got nailed.

RG3 played terrible. Which I can understand. But accept responsibility, as a leader, don't pass it off on the play calling (of which he apparently got wrong on the last play) or your teammates not getting open or anything else.....even if they are true. A leader doesn't pass the buck. That's all I'm saying....