• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan On The Hot Seat

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone have believed that even for a second? First of all - does Allen call him "Shanny"? Secondly - why would he reveal the names of the candidates & why do all of them appear to be high profile candidates? He would also most likely not call out Snyder in this type of text.

This thing sounds like something straight out of The Onion. Get real guys.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are talking about Shanahan on NFL Live and espn news saying his job could be in jeopardy

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Denying It

Anymore.

It's starting to come out from RG3...maybe some people need to read between the lines or whatever...I think with the comments that he made about PHI knowing the OFC it was a clear slap at the Shanahans. There was rumor that RG3 didn't like the read option play calls after he came back into the game after the injury vs SEA last year...maybe there was something to that as well.

Admittedly I'm not a Shanahan guy...he's long since proved to me that w/o Elway, he's just another HC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am looking at shanny's press conference and he is saying good things about RG3

now is his job in jeopardy ?

certainly could be

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are talking about Shanahan on NFL Live and espn news saying his job could be in jeopardy

Of course they are ... they need something to talk about & Griffin gave them the ammunition with his not so subtle remarks after the loss on Sunday take jabs at Kyle playcalling. But, as has been discussed in other threads, Kyle is keeping the gameplan simple/predictable because Griffin is not ready to run a more complex offense.

And now Mike has returned fire saying Griffin did not even call the right play in the huddle on the 3 & 1 that ended the game with the int in the back of the end zone. Is that the HC or the OC Dad talking ?

Someone just needs to lock Kyle & Robert in a room together until they can work this out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anymore.

It's starting to come out from RG3...maybe some people need to read between the lines or whatever...I think with the comments that he made about PHI knowing the OFC it was a clear slap at the Shanahans. There was rumor that RG3 didn't like the read option play calls after he came back into the game after the injury vs SEA last year...maybe there was something to that as well.

Admittedly I'm not a Shanahan guy...he's long since proved to me that w/o Elway, he's just another HC.

Name a coach that has been as good without their SB winning QB except Joe Gibbs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are ... they need something to talk about & Griffin gave them the ammunition with his not so subtle remarks after the loss on Sunday take jabs at Kyle playcalling. But, as has been discussed in other threads, Kyle is keeping the gameplan simple/predictable because Griffin is not ready to run a more complex offense.

And now Mike has returned fire saying Griffin did not even call the right play in the huddle on the 3 & 1 that ended the game with the int in the back of the end zone. Is that the HC or the OC Dad talking ?

Someone just needs to lock Kyle & Robert in a room together until they can work this out.

You know how we as fans "vent " after a frustrating loss ? we have had this debate for some time now , Right ?

Couldnt RG3 be venting too ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard what RG3 said in his presser. I didn't take it as a slap at Kyle, I just thought he was it was more just praising the other team. Everyone wants to read something into every statement and try and insinuate ulterior motives. I just didn't hear it.

Also what I didn't hear was RG3 taking individual responsibility for his poor play, which is disappointing. The fact is even if they knew our scheme and play calling tendencies, if RG3 would have hit a couple of wide open receivers, we would have scored twice in the first half. Unfortunately, his passes sailed high and we had to punt after driving the ball to mid field and beyond. Sometimes you just have to say I fucked up. I had a bad day. He would get respect and understanding. Now, he's getting crucified in the press. Hopefully, he will learn.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss talking about the wrong plays being called in the huddle ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds to me like RG3 doesn't know the playbook?

either he made a mistake on a playcall or he doesnt know what plays are being called

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either way...doesn't that mean he doesn't know the playbook?

No Cooley said it happens. One wrong word can change the set or the route tree. Cooley said it happened a lot with McNabb. He added you can still make a play out of it or throw the ball away. It does NOT mean he doesn't know the playbook. The larger problem was just tossing the ball the way he did but Griffin did say he learned from that mistake. Lets hope so.

There is a guy in Carolina who was lauded after he is first year, then laughed at during his second year and he and his team are having a good season this year. This can happen for the Redskins too.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Cooley said it happens. One wrong word can change the set or the route tree. Cooley said it happened a lot with McNabb. He added you can still make a play out of it or throw the ball away. It does NOT mean he doesn't know the playbook. The larger problem was just tossing the ball the way he did but Griffin did say he learned from that mistake. Lets hope so.

There is a guy in Carolina who was lauded after he is first year, then laughed at during his second year and he and his team are having a good season this year. This can happen for the Redskins too.

Using McNabb as an example is probably not the best thing to do.