• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan On The Hot Seat

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well apparently he must need the "coloring book and crayons" as most didn't hear it the same way as you, not even his teammates. How about the other throws that he missed to wide open receivers. See, that game should have never come down to that last play. Even his fumble in the red zone was, to a certain extent, his fault. He had reed wide open early, looked right at him, and didn't throw it. Then he got nailed.

RG3 played terrible. Which I can understand. But accept responsibility, as a leader, don't pass it off on the play calling (of which he apparently got wrong on the last play) or your teammates not getting open or anything else.....even if they are true. A leader doesn't pass the buck. That's all I'm saying....

he said we 'as a team " need to get better at executing the plays that are called . since when does we not include me as well when talking in that context ?

does he need to carry out a banner saying its all my fault ? he said he was responsible for 2 losses and because he didnt spell it out directly this time doesnt mean he feels that way ? he has to do this everytime so you understand he is taking some responsibility ?

to me he was giving philly's defense praise

i didnt see him pass the buck anywhere .

what i see is a bunch of emotional people from all points of view trying to dissect each and every syllable being said and what it means

RG3's past statements after losses tells me he takes responsibility for what happens to this offense and he doesnt have to talk to me like i am Jim from taxi to get the message across after every loss

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Shanahan return in 2014?

If we are the jury in a court of law, would there be enough trial evidence to convict Shanahan of being guilty as a bad coach of the Skins the past 4 years. What evidence is there.

For:
1. We won the NFC East in 2012.
2. He brought us our franchise QB in RG3.
3. He helped clean up the decay that Cerrato and company brought on board.
4. He has helped bring in solid draft classes each year he has been here and to build through the draft.

Against:
1. He has had 3 losing seasons out of 4.
2. He has made terrible trades (McNabb and J. Brown)
3. He is constantly in verbal altercations with players (McNabb, Haynesworth, Morgan and RG3)
4. He refuses to fire Haslett and address our sub-standard defense.

These are 4 pros and cons I think of off the top of my head. I am begining to think that he should be fired. We need a new regime in here as things are not getting better. The new regime would have over 40 million to use to build the team. The biggest factor is that he has had 3 out of 4 losing seasons and we are regressing.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are the jury in a court of law, would there be enough trial evidence to convict Shanahan of being guilty as a bad coach of the Skins the past 4 years. What evidence is there.

For:
1. We won the NFC East in 2012.
2. He brought us our franchise QB in RG3.
3. He helped clean up the decay that Cerrato and company brought on board.
4. He has helped bring in solid draft classes each year he has been here and to build through the draft.

Against:
1. He has had 3 losing seasons out of 4.
2. He has made terrible trades (McNabb and J. Brown)
3. He is constantly in verbal altercations with players (McNabb, Haynesworth, Morgan and RG3)
4. He refuses to fire Haslett and address our sub-standard defense.

These are 4 pros and cons I think of off the top of my head. I am begining to think that he should be fired. We need a new regime in here as things are not getting better. The new regime would have over 40 million to use to build the team. The biggest factor is that he has had 3 out of 4 losing seasons and we are regressing.

Here's the question we need to ask. Could any other HC done any better with the mess that Shanahan inherited? I'm not 100% convinced that Shanahan can lead us to the SB, but if you look at this team objectively, even though our record doesn't indicate it, we have improved in key areas and now have talent in critical positions. We just need to fill in the supporting cast and shore up the defense. If we change coaching regimes now, we are starting again at ground zero. A new offense for Griffin, a potential new defensive scheme (maybe not a bad idea), everything. So we would be 3 years away, at a minimum, again. Or, we can have some faith for another year. Let Shanahan stay through his contract, as this will be the first off season he has had with money and no external issues to affect the team's preparedness. IF he can't get us to the playoffs next year, it time for change. If he can't do it next year, there is no excuse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway lost 3 superbowls before shanahan arrived , food for thought

If you remember those SB losses...DEN was really overmatched in all of them and blown out...it took a few season to build a DEF and adding Terrell Davis that got them OTT.

Again...not saying he's not a good coach, but just looking at his record @ OAK and @ WAS, he's not proving to be great.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and wilder ...

[MEDIA=twitter]403245295326466048[/MEDIA]

BZieeikCYAAzMeN.png
It sounds like Sundberg doesnt understand how the internetz work. Its filled with haters and trolls. Whats funny is its even on facebook. Some of the stuff you read on there is ridiculous. If i was as clueless as Sundberg is i would be offended by that stuff also.

Last edited by a moderator: