• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF 49ers embarrasing plea for Sunday vs SEA

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wonder if this was put out as some kind of joke to loosen the tension a little. Of course the game no longer have that kind of implications, but both teams still have a lot to play for. So I don't know, this cheer leading tutorial is very odd. :lol:

No that's real!!! Candlestick has been pumping it in the loudspeakers in all the home games on 1st downs but the dumbass fans haven't caught on. I hear it every time I watch on TV and wondered "What the @#$% was that?. It's totally stupid.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm driving to work this morning and the local radio show shared the San Francisco 49ers reached out to local media and to season ticket holders with an official memo.

1. Come early.
  2. Wear all red
  3. Cheer loud when on defense.
  4. Try to quiet down when Niners are on offense.
  5. Cheer loud as possible when Seattle is in an offensive huddle.
  6. If Seattle is in a key 3rd down, make as much noise a possible.
Now....I can take this in many directions. But I'll just say this. Isn't this just a wee bit embarrassing? Dare I say...desperate? I mean c'mon! Now the Niner organization needs to teach it's fan base how to behave at a football game and how to dress?

Why this game? Why this point in the season? What kind of organization is being run here?

this is plain sad. :lame:

SCARED, that's what it sounds like to me, and judging by the way sneaky Pete has them boys playin at home....He better be...:lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wow :L

Ram Rule 1: Quiet for our offense
Ram Rule 2: Cheer when we get a 1st down
Ram Rule 3: Loud for their offense
Ram Rule 4: Cheer when we get a sack
Ram Rule 5: Clap before kickoff

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question, what are season tickets like for the 49ers? Is there a decades long waiting list or can you get season tickets whenever? That's the problem with the Giants, they have a season ticket waiting list that's 25 years long or something like that, so nobody gives their tickets up and you wind up with a much older crowd.

Compared to the Jets who do not have a waiting list, fans can get rowdy, if they lose their tickets, oh well just get some more next year.

As of late season tix are widely available? how do I know? Because of a lot of my in-laws have been 1st time season ticket holders as of late. the place has turned into a dump the past 3 years. Riddled with gangsters and thugs.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wow :L

Ram Rule 1: Quiet for our offense
Ram Rule 2: Cheer when we get a 1st down
Ram Rule 3: Loud for their offense
Ram Rule 4: Cheer when we get a sack
Ram Rule 5: Clap before kickoff

I love the old lady "slow clapping before kickoff" :lol::L

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god. I'm embarrassed for humanity after that Ram Rules video

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is taking the rest of the NFL fan's to figure out when to cheer when Hawk's fans have been doing it for over 30 years,,,:whistle:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true, since Seattle has a real 12th man, I pay attention to the crowds when the Hawks are the visiting team and routinely it is very quiet on both sides of the ball in visiting stadiums. However, watch a Seahawks home game, the crowd doesn't even sit down for the majority of the game. Tirico even commented during MNF this week that he "doesn't even know why they have seats, no one uses them!!" In Seattle, the fans know when to cheer and they do it very well, without needing "rules."

Part of the noise has always been the people who sit on the bleacher seat's,they stomp on them,started back in the KingDome.

Bill the Beer guy was later hired by many places after his stints at Hawks and M's games.

[YOUTUBE]ZSq6O0V-H4o[/YOUTUBE]

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know your Queues????

They also providing them instructions on how to buy a hot dog and going to the bathroom?

Shouldn't it be Cues?

This thing is ridiculous. I hope we beat them worse than the last two meetings on principle. This is what their fan base has to be instructed to do? It's like instructions for some event for elementary aged kids and their parents.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is taking the rest of the NFL fan's to figure out when to cheer when Hawk's fans have been doing it for over 30 years,,,:whistle:

No, just the 49ers.

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....This thing is ridiculous. I hope we beat them worse than the last two meetings on principle. .....

My sentiments exactly. One of the most absurd things I've ever seen. Niners franchise should be ashamed of themselves.:laugh3:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that couple from SF that wrote the letter to the editor complaining about those loud, mean Seahawks fans and how the rules need to be changed to punish teams for loud fans earlier this year? I wonder what they think of that memo.

Here's their letter, word for word:
Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?
It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.
At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That letter is proof that the radiation from Fukashima is messing with some people's AIDS medications.

:faint:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty sad for sure. I would bet most of the SF players aren't too impressed by this. Probably hatched up by some idiot in a suit like George Costanza.

As for the game itself, it's gonna be hard enough playing the Niners at home. They are getting healthy and the defense is no joke. Bad fans, good fans or stupid fan teaching ideas, it should be a helluva game.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad for sure. I would bet most of the SF players aren't too impressed by this. Probably hatched up by some idiot in a suit like George Costanza.

As for the game itself, it's gonna be hard enough playing the Niners at home. They are getting healthy and the defense is no joke. Bad fans, good fans or stupid fan teaching ideas, it should be a helluva game.

Maybe they will switch to cotton uniforms?:doh:

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that couple from SF that wrote the letter to the editor complaining about those loud, mean Seahawks fans and how the rules need to be changed to punish teams for loud fans earlier this year? I wonder what they think of that memo.

Here's their letter, word for word:
Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?
It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.
At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Okay I have no proof, but Id bet even money any day this letter was written as a hoax.

Its like all these incidents of "racism" at college campuses which turns out are professors writing the N-word on their own car or something...

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of hate for the 49ers on this board is almost weird. Its just football people.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of late season tix are widely available? how do I know? Because of a lot of my in-laws have been 1st time season ticket holders as of late. the place has turned into a dump the past 3 years. Riddled with gangsters and thugs.

Unlike, Oakland...:rollseyes:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of hate for the 49ers on this board is almost weird. Its just football people.

Probably due to the overwhelming number of 49er fans, and the success of the last few years.