• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens vs Rangers round 2

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens look slow, but they're clogging the neutral zone to mitigate that, which is why we've gotten a few breakaways, I think.

Honestly, that's good coaching on Bylsma's part, believe it or not.

We're very slow when it comes to loose pucks. We've gotten behind their dmen tho, perhaps the forecheck is wearing them down? :noidea:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens look slow, but they're clogging the neutral zone to mitigate that, which is why we've gotten a few breakaways, I think.

Honestly, that's good coaching on Bylsma's part, believe it or not.

To be fair, a lot of teams can look slow against the Rangers, they're probably one of the fastest teams in the league. But like you said, they are clogging up the neutral zone, which is coaching, which is hard to believe:lol:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far MAF has been the difference, along with the pipes. Bounces are going our way, let's take advantage! :nod:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far MAF has been the difference, along with the pipes. Bounces are going our way, let's take advantage! :nod:

When you're a good team, and playing sound hockey, you get the bounces. We're not playing fast, but aside from a few instances, we haven't played too stupid. The Rangers really lost a couple assignments on our breakaways, and have flubbed the puck a bit, and it's cost them more than our mistakes have cost us.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're a good team, and playing sound hockey, you get the bounces. We're not playing fast, but aside from a few instances, we haven't played too stupid. The Rangers really lost a couple assignments on our breakaways, and have flubbed the puck a bit, and it's cost them more than our mistakes have cost us.

I love the job our PK is doing in this series, but I would prefer it if we kept the penalties to a minimum in the 3rd.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a night by MAF :clap:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win by the Pens tonight!
:yahoo:

Doob's 3 stars
:first: MAF - 35 out of 35 saves, back to back shutouts
:second: Sid - game winning goal, broke out of his streak
:third: Joki - added the insurance goal, and has been our best forward in the playoffs

:yahoo: LET'S GO PENS! :yahoo:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win by the Pens tonight!
:yahoo:

Doob's 3 stars
:first: MAF - 35 out of 35 saves, back to back shutouts
:second: Sid - game winning goal, broke out of his streak
:third: Joki - added the insurance goal, and has been our best forward in the playoffs

:yahoo: LET'S GO PENS! :yahoo:

I told you guys would be fine. :nod:

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Where did this MAF come from. Dont know how long he can keep it up but i will take what i can get. Last 2 games have been great. Gotta admit it makes me real nervous when they play like they did in the 3rd but it worked. Truth be told game 1 coulda went either way and we could have a 3-0 series lead right now. Only down fall to them keeping this up is DB will probly get to keep his job.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Where did this MAF come from. Dont know how long he can keep it up but i will take what i can get. Last 2 games have been great. Gotta admit it makes me real nervous when they play like they did in the 3rd but it worked. Truth be told game 1 coulda went either way and we could have a 3-0 series lead right now. Only down fall to them keeping this up is DB will probly get to keep his job.

Yeah true, as well as MAF played and although we won the game, we were severely outplayed by the Rangers throughout the game. We just made the most out of our opportunities. But the defense and goaltending was strong.

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doob. Im gonna go over to the rangers board on "sportstwo.com" and watch our old buddies from the espn boards have their meltdown. Sucks we cant post there but still fun to read their BS. haha

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doob. Im gonna go over to the rangers board on "sportstwo.com" and watch our old buddies from the espn boards have their meltdown. Sucks we cant post there but still fun to read their BS. haha

:lol: watch dump claim the refs were on the Pens side the whole game :lol:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah true, as well as MAF played and although we won the game, we were severely outplayed by the Rangers throughout the game. We just made the most out of our opportunities. But the defense and goaltending was strong.

You and I have been similarly critical of the Pens during these last few weeks. I only have been able to listen to the games so am interested on your take this series compared to the CBJ series?

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea defense and this team dont belong in the same sentence normally but they did a fine job the last 2 nights despite giving up 30+ shots on goal. I prefer them to keep the puck down at the other end and try to score. Im alot less nervous when the puck is 200 feet away. If MAF lets in 1 we all know what happens next. The post saved our asses more than once tonight.