• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens vs Rangers round 2

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I have been similarly critical of the Pens during these last few weeks. I only have been able to listen to the games so am interested on your take this series compared to the CBJ series?

IMO CBJ was the harder series. They were alot more physical and seemed alot quicker to me than the rangers. The only thing the rags got going for them in Lundqvist but lucky for us the pens usually have his number

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I have been similarly critical of the Pens during these last few weeks. I only have been able to listen to the games so am interested on your take this series compared to the CBJ series?

Pens defense has been much tighter in this series, and MAF has shown a lot more composure. I think the team is playing much more cohesive hockey in this series.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as the Rangers go, they have been quicker than the Blue Jackets and have gotten better goaltending, but they seem worn out from the previous series. I think our forecheck is taking its toll on their dmen, plus they've had to play a lot of games in a short amount of time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO CBJ was the harder series. They were alot more physical and seemed alot quicker to me than the rangers. The only thing the rags got going for them in Lundqvist but lucky for us the pens usually have his number

I think the Pens are also playing much better defense and getting way better goaltending than they did in the previous series. I feel we've sort of found our game in this series.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys! Glad they have figured something out and adjusted. Hopefully will be able to watch the next game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys! Glad they have figured something out and adjusted. Hopefully will be able to watch the next game.

Yeah dude, they seem to have gotten their act together. Wish they would get better at getting loose pucks tho.

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO dump was banned from that board? Wasn't he the one who started that board? :laugh3:

Yea he did but i read over there that the head moderater banned him because he was banning people for saying anything he didnt agree with. From the sounds of things the whole board hated him and are glad hes gone

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he did but i read over there that the head moderater banned him because he was banning people for saying anything he didnt agree with. From the sounds of things the whole board hated him and are glad hes gone

No surprise there, he acted like an immature inbred step child.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference for Fleury all year, in my opinion, has been the new goaltending coach. He's largely been better positionally throughout the regular season, and now in this series, it's really shining through. Being on your angles makes pucks hit you more, and it's a huge confidence booster, which, I think, is why he didn't collapse after his gaffe against Columbus.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what happens from here on out, I stand by MAF

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Ng91yxwJo]Marc Andre Fleury #29 Compilation [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

:salute:

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pens are also playing much better defense and getting way better goaltending than they did in the previous series. I feel we've sort of found our game in this series.

I'm encouraged by the performance as well, but I wonder how much of this turnaround is just due to the Rangers just crapping out from playing all those games? I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic that they might a figured out a thing or two.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a weird game. Pens get absolutely dominated in possession time, but win with timely scoring and great goaltending. I assume this was by design that the Pens intentionally packed it in.

Thought Letang played a real good defensive game last night.

Can't get out-shot by 20 gain and expect to win. And the penalties need to stop.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turtled in the 3rd with the lead which is a strategy I can't tolerate as nothing good can come of it...that's why they were out shot.

Letang has made a complete comeback and that is huge. Flower is a wall and that bodes well. Sid appears to have been rejuvenated, and that is great! And what can you say about Jussi??!!!

The team, as a whole, is cohesive...still shortcomings on D, but that is to be expected. Scuds and Maata are detriments to the team. Bortz has his moments but he hasn't had that much playing time. Hopefully, if Orpik comes back, they can bench Scuds but I don't see that happening...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scuds was terrible last night, kept on losing the puck in his feet, then he'd throw a bad pass to Borts because he was panicked. He treats the puck like it's a grenade everytime he has it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm encouraged by the performance as well, but I wonder how much of this turnaround is just due to the Rangers just crapping out from playing all those games? I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic that they might a figured out a thing or two.

I agree, Rangers have had a tough schedule as of late & it showed, especially on Sid's goal & their power plays. I doubt if it will be so easy in game 4 where the Rangers will be more rested & prepared.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turtled in the 3rd with the lead which is a strategy I can't tolerate as nothing good can come of it...that's why they were out shot.

Letang has made a complete comeback and that is huge. Flower is a wall and that bodes well. Sid appears to have been rejuvenated, and that is great! And what can you say about Jussi??!!!

The team, as a whole, is cohesive...still shortcomings on D, but that is to be expected. Scuds and Maata are detriments to the team. Bortz has his moments but he hasn't had that much playing time. Hopefully, if Orpik comes back, they can bench Scuds but I don't see that happening...

I'm really worrying about Maatta in these playoffs. He's become a hardcore turnover machine and some of these turnovers are setting up our opponents up perfectly in our own zone. He's become our weakest link as of late.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This scheduling whining is a bunch of BS...they used to play back to backs all the time and only get a night off for travel days when changing cities. If you don't want back to backs, get the MSG schedule changed or close out your series earlier. What a bunch of BS

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scuds was terrible last night, kept on losing the puck in his feet, then he'd throw a bad pass to Borts because he was panicked. He treats the puck like it's a grenade everytime he has it.

I agree he looks very uncomfortable with the puck. & looses battles for loose pucks, but he did make some nice defensive plays last night. I was more impressed with Scuderi than I was with Maatta to tell you the truth. Maatta has become a complete liability in every aspect, granted he's only 19, but he's been our weakest link.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This scheduling whining is a bunch of BS...they used to play back to backs all the time and only get a night off for travel days when changing cities. If you don't want back to backs, get the MSG schedule changed or close out your series earlier. What a bunch of BS

To an extent I agree, Rangers need to suck it up & stop whining but the schedule does make them more fatigue & less time to prepare. I thought it showed in game 3.