• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens vs Rangers round 2

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't tell you how proud I am of MAF right now,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJAkpU18tE]Marc-Andre Fleury Tribute | HD - YouTube[/ame]

He's been our savior in this series no doubt. His play has completely turned this team around.
:salute:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Scuds AND Adams...bring in Engelland and Megna

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa now. I agree with benching Scuds and Adams. I also agree with giving Megna a shot, but I wouldn't bring in Engelland. IMO he doesn't offer too much more than Scuds. Personally, if I was replacing someone on the defense, Despres and Bortuzzo would get the first cracks (assuming Orpik is back at some point).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa now. I agree with benching Scuds and Adams. I also agree with giving Megna a shot, but I wouldn't bring in Engelland. IMO he doesn't offer too much more than Scuds. Personally, if I was replacing someone on the defense, Despres and Bortuzzo would get the first cracks (assuming Orpik is back at some point).

True, but we already agreed that Despres won't play no matter what.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on game 4? I think this will be the toughest game yet for these playoffs. Rangers will finally get that rest they wanted. With that comes an opportunity to revise their game plan. They also got their backs to the wall and their home crowd behind them. Lastly how long could MAF remain hot? How long can Nash & the Ranger power play go without scoring a goal. Rangers are due for a breakout game and we're due for a letdown. Hope I'm wrong but game 4 will be a tough 1.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Despres wasn't going to play anyway, they think so much of him he is in WBS.
Also don't count on Megna playing anytime soon either since he has succumb to the same fate as Despres:
WBS Penguins

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Despres wasn't going to play anyway, they think so much of him he is in WBS.
Also don't count on Megna playing anytime soon either since he has succumb to the same fate as Despres:
WBS Penguins

Valid point.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone says Penguins vs Rangers in game 4?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBetCrJTZw]1992 Patrick Division Final Game 4 Rangers VS Penguins - YouTube[/ame]

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be honest, I don't like our chances going into this game…

-Must win scenario for the Rangers
-Rangers will be better rested than they were in game 3
-Rangers will be better prepared than they were in game 3
-Lundqvist got his bad game out of the way
-MAF is due for a letdown
-Rangers actually outplayed us in game 3
-Rangers power play is due to score
-Rick Nash is due to score
-Chris Kreider might return for the Rangers
-Penguins haven't shown killer instinct with a chance to put someone away

I would be very surprised if the Pens win this game, but if they do then they will no doubt have a commanding lead in the series. LET'S GO PENS!

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pens can manage to get up early 2-0, the Rangers are toast. From what I see, they are looking for a reason to be done. Also, I thnk before he got hurt, Orpik was very solid for the Pens. There is no way I would rather have Despre in the lineup over him right now. In the minimal chances he got this year, I thought Despres made a lot of poor puck decisions, and we certainly don't need anymore of that right now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pens can manage to get up early 2-0, the Rangers are toast. From what I see, they are looking for a reason to be done. Also, I thnk before he got hurt, Orpik was very solid for the Pens. There is no way I would rather have Despre in the lineup over him right now. In the minimal chances he got this year, I thought Despres made a lot of poor puck decisions, and we certainly don't need anymore of that right now.

You might be right about the Rangers looking for a reason to be done. If they advance to the next round they owe their 1st round pick to the Lightning because of that Ryan Callahan for Martin St. Louis trade. Also, the way their coach got all mad about the scheduling gives him a :crutch: to fall back on in case they lose the series.

I will admit Orpik did look pretty good against the Blue Jackets, but it was the Blue Jackets. They play a physical style which suits his style. Don't know if he would be so effective with a speedier team like the Rangers. I personally would like to see Despres there, I think he's got more skills with the puck than Scuderi and Orpik, and I also think we're wasting him by never playing him. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Doobster will admit this was a pretty sweet move by Orpik before he got hurt…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdcvAhnLtxQ]Brooks Orpik beats the 2nd period buzzer - YouTube[/ame]

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Doobster has a new found belief in Flower Power,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pwPwoZjdLg]Marc-Andre Fleury Compilation [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

:humble:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rangers are looking for answers, the Pens can't give them any early. They need to get the lead, and build on it.

This has all the markings of a short series if the Pens are truly going to play this well defensively.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are looking for answers, the Pens can't give them any early. They need to get the lead, and build on it.

This has all the markings of a short series if the Pens are truly going to play this well defensively.

How awesome would it be if the Pens could somehow win this in a short series and the Bruins/Canadiens series goes a full 7 games? :hope:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Kevin Weekes pointed out was that the Pens have done a great job of keeping the Rangers at the perimeter. I think a lot of it has to do with our size advantage over the Rangers. Also, Rick Nash's shot selection has been from way outside, which means he's not using his size at all. In this regard, the physical matchups have worked out well for the Pens. Really we are at our most vulnerable when we're on the power play, don't give up shorties and we should be fine.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game time!

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
:yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orpik is back for everyone who was high on him, let's hope he has a positive impact in this gams .

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Scuderi should be sitting, not Bortuzzo. Stupid Dan.