• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to demonize and belittle the opposition accomplishes nothing other than to make you feel better about yourself and your pocket full of red pills.
People who publicly threaten violence on our President and his supporters do that to themselves. Thats in part why Trump won, and will win again in 2020.

Nothing will change. We will keep feeding the angry and the depressed more drugs, give them even more social media outlets to rage out on, and taunt them night and day with outrage from our media.

And when people get crazed and kill, we will find ways of normalizing it.

Its weird to me. But I guess not to everyone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he is all over social media with that shit. He's part of an Exterminate Republicans page. Not hard to figure out his motives. This could have been prevented.

The congressional shooter was a member of Facebook group "Terminate The Republican Party" • r/The_Donald

But it seems to me we are just circling around to what was discussed earlier in the thread. Are we just going to go around and lock up people who fly off the handle on facebook and other social media venues?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it seems to me we are just circling around to what was discussed earlier in the thread. Are we just going to go around and lock up people who fly off the handle on facebook and other social media venues?

No. Cmon now. This guy had serious issues right out in the open. You don't see that? Is extremism a better word?

There are people taking prescription pills every day for depression and anxiety who take part in full time Trump hate. We had parents of small children going on social media the morning after the election - crying, saying insane things like "My kids are crying asking what will happen now!?" That's insanity, and nothing less than sophisticated child abuse. And all over what?? The frigin President.

You don't think we have a mental health issue on our hands?

Get those folks help. Get them off social media. Fully monitor their prescriptions. If they need a stay in the hospital for awhile, so be it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Cmon now. This guy had serious issues right out in the open. You don't see that?

There are people taking prescription pills every day for depression and anxiety who take part in full time Trump hate. We had parents of small children going on social media the morning after the election - crying, saying insane things like "My kids are crying asking what will happen now!?" That's insanity, and nothing less than sophisticated child abuse. And all over what?? The frigin President.

Oh, I think there are people in America (and Canada for that matter) with serious mental health issues. The difficulty is trying to determine whether people are simply venting as a way of coping with some of these issues versus determining whether these people are seriously looking to take action and cause harm to other people. Unfortunately, that's a tough balancing act in a free society.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I think there are people in America (and Canada for that matter) with serious mental health issues. The difficulty is trying to determine whether people are simply venting as a way of coping with some of these issues versus determining whether these people are seriously looking to take action and cause harm to other people. Unfortunately, that's a tough balancing act in a free society.

Agree. But they all need some kind of attention they arent getting.

This hits kind of close to home for me, having had a buddy who quickly slipped into a very dark stage of life mostly fueled by depression and political rage. He didn't kill anyone but both him and his sister (way crazier than him) ruined some lives, ruined some marriages, even got kids involved. Dude was fine until Obamas second reign then it was like watching a person get sick with a disease.

So whatever you wanna it. I call it modern liberalism but maybe far left extremism is more appropriate.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interestingly, these violent attitudes did not depend on standard political and demographic characteristics. For example, Republicans and Democrats were indistinguishable in their support for political violence, and liberals and conservatives were too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Cmon now. This guy had serious issues right out in the open. You don't see that? Is extremism a better word?

Get those folks help. Get them off social media. Fully monitor their prescriptions. If they need a stay in the hospital for awhile, so be it.

Given the Trump got elected on the basis of rhetoric violent against large demographics, is it really unreasonable that people and their kids would be scared? He talked about making a Muslim registry, for crying out loud. Why wouldn't Muslim families be concerned? He called Mexican's rapists. Why wouldn't Mexican families be concerned? He's got a history of racial discrimination in his business ventures. Why wouldn't minorities be concerned? He ran with a man who ran state-funded conversion therapy. Why wouldn't gay people be concerned?

We shouldn't simply expect people to swallow their fears and ignore prejudices against them out of some pointless responsibility "to their children." We should be eliminating those stresses the best we can.

And we obviously have a mental health issue in this country, and at the center of it is stigmatizing it and its treatment the way you are, assuming that the fact that anxiety drugs are overprescribed means no one should be taking them, for example, or that things like anxiety and depression are to blame for all violence. You might think you're helping by saying things like that, but I assure you that you're doing quite the opposite.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 3 ... 2... 1...

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I almost forgot about the antisemitism which pervaded Trump's campaign, but which was especially prevalent in rhetoric targeting the Clintons (which is nearly indistinguishable from being featured in Trump's campaign).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. But they all need some kind of attention they arent getting.

This hits kind of close to home for me, having had a buddy who quickly slipped into a very dark stage of life mostly fueled by depression and political rage. He didn't kill anyone but both him and his sister (way crazier than him) ruined some lives, ruined some marriages, even got kids involved. Dude was fine until Obamas second reign then it was like watching a person get sick with a disease.

So whatever you wanna it. I call it modern liberalism but maybe far left extremism is more appropriate.

Sorry to hear about your friend and it's always sad when kids' lives are affected as well. I hope he is doing better and that the kids are all right as well.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the Trump got elected on the basis of rhetoric violent against large demographics, is it really unreasonable that people and their kids would be scared? He talked about making a Muslim registry, for crying out loud. Why wouldn't Muslim families be concerned? He called Mexican's rapists. Why wouldn't Mexican families be concerned? He's got a history of racial discrimination in his business ventures. Why wouldn't minorities be concerned? He ran with a man who ran state-funded conversion therapy. Why wouldn't gay people be concerned?.
Are you talking about illegals?

Because none of that fear mongering has been justified for Americans since the election.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 3 ... 2... 1...

giphy.gif

The White House now refers all questions about the Russia investigation to Trump’s personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz. “The FBI leak of information regarding the President is outrageous, inexcusable and illegal,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Kasowitz.

He left out lewd, lascivious, and salicious :D

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, trying to politicize a deranged mentally ill shooter is poor form. Sure, in today's case it's the low hanging fruit but mental illness knows no political affiliations. There are just as many crazy lefty liberals as there are crazy righty fascists.

Hopefully today's shooting will cause Congress to seek common ground and actually get something done as opposed to the same shit show they been peddling for the last seven years.

I just traveled the globe and almost everywhere the US political situation is seen as a total joke - the US has become a laughingstock. The media sucks, the government sucks and apparently a large proportion of the electorate does as well. America is not being made great again - you may see it happening in your own little corner/bubble but your little bubble does not make up the entire nation nor the world. And don't go blaming Obama and the Democrats for this mess, we're all in this mess together. Trying to demonize and belittle the opposition accomplishes nothing other than to make you feel better about yourself and your pocket full of red pills.

/insert inappropriate joke here

First: *golf clap*

Second:
images

Esls, let me first say that's a damn fine post, but I'm afraid that the people who could start to facilitate change in America are too busy assessing blame.

Iowa Representative Steve King blames shooting on the `left’ - The Boston Globe

I am disturbed by how little it surprises me that people like Steve King serve only themselves.

And we obviously have a mental health issue in this country, and at the center of it is stigmatizing it and its treatment the way you are, assuming that the fact that anxiety drugs are overprescribed means no one should be taking them, for example, or that things like anxiety and depression are to blame for all violence. You might think you're helping by saying things like that, but I assure you that you're doing quite the opposite.

Alienating the people who are suffering has done nothing but make it worse. It's not a self inflicted condition and no one asks for it, simply put it often comes down to a chemical imbalance. Your brain just works against you, and it can be controlled with medicine and therapy. Two things that are harder to get in this country than guns.

I am dumbfounded how anyone is shocked by the outcome.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about your friend and it's always sad when kids' lives are affected as well. I hope he is doing better and that the kids are all right as well.

Thanks. It was several years in the making, and I haven't spoken to him in two years since I caught him trying to cheat on his wife and kids by stalking another married woman. He was a real asshole.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about illegals?

Because none of that fear mongering has been justified for Americans since the election.

His quote didn't specify illegal immigrants. It began, "When Mexico sends its people..." That applies to all immigration, as well as non-immigrant temporary travelers. He could have been specific. He used broad rhetoric. That rhetoric was violent.

And that fear has been justified. Look at the behavior of ICE agents under Trump. It's been audacious and invasive upwards of violent, and it hasn't been exclusively applied to illegal immigrants.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: *golf clap*

Second:
images

I am disturbed by how little it surprises me that people like Steve King serve only themselves.

Alienating the people who are suffering has done nothing but make it worse. It's not a self inflicted condition and no one asks for it, simply put it often comes down to a chemical imbalance. Your brain just works against you, and it can be controlled with medicine and therapy. Two things that are harder to get in this country than guns.

I am dumbfounded how anyone is shocked by the outcome.

I've had to do therapy for anxiety. (Mostly, it was leading to insomnia, really bad headaches, and occasional panic attacks.) The chemistry wasn't far enough out of balance to require medication, thankfully, but I did need to change some behaviors to adjust it. I'm fortunate that it worked, and that it's been manageable for me.

I have friends who need the medication, though. One of them wouldn't take it out of shame imposed on them by the stigma surrounding the treatment of mental health. When they finally talked themselves into it and started taking their medicine regularly, they got much better. They still struggle with it a bit, including occasionally skipping the medicine out of shame, but for the most part, the medicine has made their life better.

Sometimes the medicine doesn't work, and sometimes it makes things worse, because we're still building an understanding of brain chemistry, but the rhetoric surrounding mental health and mental health treatments in this country is damaging, far more damaging than the medicine itself for sure.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alienating the people who are suffering has done nothing but make it worse. It's not a self inflicted condition and no one asks for it, simply put it often comes down to a chemical imbalance. Your brain just works against you, and it can be controlled with medicine and therapy.

I don't disagree. But people are ultimately responsible for themselves. If you have depression why on Earth would you partake in politics that upset and depress you?

Not you personally - in general as in society.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. But people are ultimately responsible for themselves. If you have depression why on Earth would you partake in politics that upset and depress you?

Not you personally - in general as in society.

Because partaking in politics is a way to improve the conditions which contribute to your depression, obviously. And what kind of American thinks people should be barred (or should bar themselves) from the political process on the basis of ability?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His quote didn't specify illegal immigrants. It began, "When Mexico sends its people..." That applies to all immigration, as well as non-immigrant temporary travelers. He could have been specific. He used broad rhetoric. That rhetoric was violent.

And that fear has been justified. Look at the behavior of ICE agents under Trump. It's been audacious and invasive upwards of violent, and it hasn't been exclusively applied to illegal immigrants.

That's ridiculous, and the kind of false fears I'm speaking of. He's clearly been focused on illegals.

Please read and decide for yourself, Dark.

The_Donald: search results - Mexicans for trump

The_Donald: search results - Gays for trump

reddit.com: search results - Blacks for trump

reddit.com: search results - Women for trump

Status
Not open for further replies.