• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT????? I'm confused...are you saying that the people who voted for Trump don't relate to vulgarity (pussy grabber) and homophobia (freaking out over bathrooms?)...

Not at all. Trump apologized for that decade old comment, and he's is obviously pro LGBTG to anyone paying attention to his regime. Putting control of bathrooms in the state's hands is not homophobia, and most folks understand that.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet it won't last. The ratings previouys to Colbert's publicity stunt show the real story. Because, honestly, how many, and what kind of people relate to blatant vulgarity and homophobia? Not many. Its exactly this type of stuff that helped Trump get elected. When will Hollyweird learn?

As I sit with Colbert in early April in his 12th-floor corner office above the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City, he has just notched his ninth consecutive week as the most watched late-night show on television.

Stephen Colbert on 10 Weeks at the Top, Trump and Why He "Would Trade Good Ratings for a Better President"

One could find more links with facts that show his ratings slowly rising for the better part of a year if one were really concerned with facts and not just repeating alternative facts.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT????? I'm confused...are you saying that the people who voted for Trump don't relate to vulgarity (pussy grabber) and homophobia (freaking out over bathrooms?)...

And I'll give you another reason the pussy story hasnt hurt Trump. He said it private, and what he said is not shocking. Guys talk like that in private all the time. Men get it, and women get it. Its called locker room talk, it happened a long time ago, and he apologized during the debates, taking responsibility.

That's why nobody cares. Since you're confused.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is very clearly saying lots of people do relate to "blatant vulgarity and homophobia" and that helped Trump get elected. Well said Rob.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I sit with Colbert in early April in his 12th-floor corner office above the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City, he has just notched his ninth consecutive week as the most watched late-night show on television.

Stephen Colbert on 10 Weeks at the Top, Trump and Why He "Would Trade Good Ratings for a Better President"

One could find more links with facts that show his ratings slowly rising for the better part of a year if one were really concerned with facts and not just repeating alternative facts.

yah ... basically this :
The ratings previouys to Colbert's publicity stunt show the real story.

has me going like this:
Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very clearly saying lots of people do relate to "blatant vulgarity and homophobia" and that helped Trump get elected. Well said Rob.
I don't get that at all from what he posted and what I bolded...still confused.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of. I'm saying his pussy comment from 11 years ago, which he said in private, which he apologized for, obviously didn't hurt him. And not because his voters are vulgar,but that vulgarity is such a common place in society today, the pussy comment simply isnt shocking, or offensive like some of his critics believe. Look no further than Colbert's own show for proof. You guys don't care what he said...so don't act like you care about the pussy comment.

The Democrats will need to come up with a new game plan in 2020. Trump is pro LGBT. Is Colbert pro LGBT? Because his comment was very homophobic. Its confusing for LGBT critics when the people who claim to have their backs, use homophobia when discussing a guy they also claim is homophobic.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h4wlsmgoh2xy.jpg

Constitutional Scholar, Graduate of Harvard Law and already holds all the most secret security clearances?

I can't think of a more perfect person.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, as far as listing priorities are concerned, I think the Russian investigation is way down there when compared to items like healthcare and tax reform. Based on the current administration's record to date, I think the Democrats have a very good chance of reclaiming the White House in 2020.

I don't see the Democrats doing anything different now than they were doing before the election. I have seen a few black celebrities like Oprah and the Rock talk about running. IMO that's just more insults to blacks. But we will see.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h4wlsmgoh2xy.jpg

Constitutional Scholar, Graduate of Harvard Law and already holds all the most secret security clearances?

I can't think of a more perfect person.

Maybe in France.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of. I'm saying his pussy comment from 11 years ago, which he said in private, which he apologized for, obviously didn't hurt him. And not because his voters are vulgar,but that vulgarity is such a common place in society today, the pussy comment simply isnt shocking, or offensive like some of his critics believe. Look no further than Colbert's own show for proof. You guys don't care what he said...so don't act like you care about the pussy comment.

The Democrats will need to come up with a new game plan in 2020. Trump is pro LGBT. Is Colbert pro LGBT? Because his comment was very homophobic. Its confusing for LGBT critics when the people who claim to have their backs, use homophobia when discussing a guy they also claim is homophobic.

The pussy comment was certainly shocking to some people, if it was not to you does not mean it was not to anyone.

Again, Colbert is a comedian and entertainer. I do not think most people hold politicians and comedians to the same standards. Maybe you do, if so that's kind of silly IMO.

Whether Colbert is pro LGBT or not is something you could find out if you researched for 15 seconds or so. Instead you'll use one comment and extrapolate that out into alternative facts that you will present. Just like the garbage that you keep saying about Trump being pro LGBT.

Post more about his ratings that you kept saying were going down.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pussy comment was certainly shocking to some people, if it was not to you does not mean it was not to anyone.

Again, Colbert is a comedian and entertainer. I do not think most people hold politicians and comedians to the same standards. Maybe you do, if so that's kind of silly IMO.

Whether Colbert is pro LGBT or not is something you could find out if you researched for 15 seconds or so. Instead you'll use one comment and extrapolate that out into alternative facts that you will present. Just like the garbage that you keep saying about Trump being pro LGBT.

Post more about his ratings that you kept saying were going down.

Well, it didn't hurt him enough to keep him out of the White House.

The Democrats plan to have comedians and musicians and celebrities vouch for them, support them and speak for them is not working. Majority America is not fascinated w Hollywood like the left thinks they are. And Trump didn't win because he is a celebrity. That's another mistake the Democrats keep making, with their ideas for Oprah or the Rock to win.

Simply put, the Democrats will not contend in 2020 cranking our the same messages. There simply aren't enough liberals in CA and NY to support it. The idea that Trump doesn't have black voters, women voters and LGBT voters is simply false.

In short, what we are seeing from the Democrats is pure economics. The Democrats demand for racism is greater than the supply, so they have begun processing their own. Hooray for capitalism, but it won't get one of them elected president.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it didn't hurt him enough to keep him out of the White House.

The Democrats plan to have comedians and musicians and celebrities vouch for them, support them and speak for them is not working. Majority America is not fascinated w Hollywood like the left thinks they are. And Trump didn't win because he is a celebrity. That's another mistake the Democrats keep making, with their ideas for Oprah or the Rock to win.

Simply put, the Democrats will not contend in 2020 cranking our the same messages. There simply aren't enough liberals in CA and NY to support it. The idea that Trump doesn't have black voters, women voters and LGBT is simply false.

In short, what we are seeing from the Democrats is pure economics. The Democrats demand for racism is greater than the supply, so they have begun processing their own. Hooray for capitalism, but it won't get one of them elected president.

Since it didnt keep him out of the white house it was not shocking? Neat.

That is different and quite a tangent than comedians/entertainers being held to the same standards as politicians.
However - the right seem really focused on entertainers too, judging how they whine, complain, and bemoan celebrities that say things they do not like. Or the way they repeat and praise the celebrities that agree.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Democrats doing anything different now than they were doing before the election. I have seen a few black celebrities like Oprah and the Rock talk about running. IMO that's just more insults to blacks. But we will see.

Do you care to explain that statement, I mean I realize that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but in my opinion, those are two people that each had struggles growing up and overcame them to achieve tremendous success in their respective fields. Also, I think their respective life stories and things they have accomplished are qualities that should be admired regardless of race.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you care to explain that statement, I mean I realize that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but in my opinion, those are two people that each had struggles growing up and overcame them to achieve tremendous success in their respective fields. Also, I think their respective life stories and things they have accomplished are qualities that should be admired regardless of race.

Sure.

I don't disagree w you that the Rock, or Oprah aren't extraordinary people. But the idea that the Democrats can win again by simply putting a black candidate against Trump reduces black voters, as if people all vote based on skin color. They've made the same mistake by painting all Trump voters as white males. Just like they expect black males to vote for a black candidate, and expected all women to vote for Hillary.

Remember when it was proclaimed that "Hillary doesn't need white males!" or when President Obama said it was a personal insult to him if blacks didn't vote for Hillary? Both of those angles failed to work.

Trump didn't win because all whites votes for him, and Hillary didn't win because blacks stayed home. That's the kind of fabricated racism I've spoken about, and it doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.