• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...but if you didn't collude with the Russians (that's what you keep saying) and you have nothing to hide, should it matter? Also, the press in your own words is "fake news", they don't need anything from Comey.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colbert is exactly the kind of creep the Democrats need to get away from in the future. He is doing them no favors with his act.
He is an entertainer, not a politician or party spokesman. I guess I understand the confusion given the president's background.

Plus, and I really think this is irrelevant because of what I posted above, he is a religious person, a charitable person, and a pro-family person - all traits that a lot of politicians pretend are important.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an entertainer, not a politician or party spokesman. I guess I understand the confusion given the president's background.

His job no different than the people at CNN, he's just so over the top vulgar, its turning viewers away, as his ratings prove. Like I said, he's the type of act the Democrats need to get away from, and a lot of them are. That's good if you're a Democrat.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His job no different than the people at CNN, he's just so over the top vulgar, its turning viewers away, as his ratings prove. Like I said, he's the type of act the Democrats need to get away from, and a lot of them are. That's good if you're a Democrat.
Alrighty then...Colbert apparently represents the entirety of the Democratic party to you even though Comeds succinctly explained it to you...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prove that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...but if you didn't collude with the Russians (that's what you keep saying)[/MEDIA]

What is the over/under on how long Trump critics will wait for these Russian investigations to go on before demanding answers from investigators? What if they've still found nothing by 2020? Do you think that will work for, or against the Democrats chances of regaining the White House?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the hashtag #FireColbert reached trending levels of popularity on social media earlier this week, “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” posted its best overnight ratings since the show’s 2015 premiere week on Thursday night.

Days before, the late-night host told an off-color joke about President Donald Trumpbeing Vladimir Putin’s “cock holster,” which many deemed to be homophobic. The crack sparked the hashtag #FireColbert, which was quickly co-opted by conservative types, who were less concerned with the joke’s problematic implications and instead rallied to get Colbert fired for his anti-Trump views.

It turns out that the backlash only made him stronger. The show scored a 2.5 rating, according to CBS, easily outpacing its late-night competition, NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” which topped out the night with a 1.9 rating. The margin between the two shows was the largest to date. The episode was also up 19 percent from the previous Thursday and a whopping 32 percent from the same night a year ago.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyhoo if a creepy pussy grabber can be president maybe the Dems should run Colbert in 2020 :thumb:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is the over/under on how long Trump critics will wait for these Russian investigations to go on before demanding answers from investigators? What if they've still found nothing by 2020? Do you think that will work for, or against the Democrats chances of regaining the White House?

Actually, as far as listing priorities are concerned, I think the Russian investigation is way down there when compared to items like healthcare and tax reform. Based on the current administration's record to date, I think the Democrats have a very good chance of reclaiming the White House in 2020.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It turns out that the backlash only made him stronger. The show scored a 2.5 rating, according to CBS, easily outpacing its late-night competition, NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” which topped out the night with a 1.9 rating. The margin between the two shows was the largest to date. The episode was also up 19 percent from the previous Thursday and a whopping 32 percent from the same night a year ago.

Arent colberts ratings through the roof?

I'll bet it won't last. The ratings previouys to Colbert's publicity stunt show the real story. Because, honestly, how many, and what kind of people relate to blatant vulgarity and homophobia? Not many. Its exactly this type of stuff that helped Trump get elected. When will Hollyweird learn?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet it won't last. The ratings previouys to Colbert's publicity stunt show the real story. Because, honestly, how many, and what kind of people relate to blatant vulgarity and homophobia? Not many. Its exactly this type of stuff that helped Trump get elected. When will Hollyweird learn?

WHAT????? I'm confused...are you saying that the people who voted for Trump don't relate to vulgarity (pussy grabber) and homophobia (freaking out over bathrooms?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.