• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

He wasn't fired, he was red-pilled. Sheesh learn the difference!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see the DOJ was able to lock Comey up as he was an impending UFA. Figures they don't release the terms however.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have long believed that people collecting unemployment should have to attend 20 hours training per week to learn a new skill in order to continue receiving said unemployment check.

Two of the people we reached—informal presidential advisor Newt Gingrich and FBI director James Comey—replied to the emails they’d gotten, apparently taking the sender’s identity at face value. Comey, apparently believing that he was writing to his friend, Lawfare.com editor-in-chief Ben Wittes, wrote: “Don’t want to open without care. What is it?” And Gingrich, apparently under the impression he was responding to an email from his wife, Callista, wrote: “What is this?”

http://gizmodo.com/heres-how-easy-it-is-to-get-trump-officials-to-click-on-1794963635

What an idiot. He should be fired.

I really can't believe that Trump is that stupid (I know, I know). While FBI director, Comey could claim on the witness stand that he can't speak about active investigations due to his role.

Now, he ain't got that role no more. I like to imagine 3-6 congressmen and Senators crashing into each other at Kinko's trying to get copies of their subpoenas made. First question; "Mr Comey, there is speculation that the Trump campaign got information about the Clinton Email server investigation. Did you or anyone in your office provide such information - remember, you are under oath."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mr Comey, there is speculation that the Trump campaign got information about the Clinton Email server investigation. Did you or anyone in your office provide such information - remember, you are under oath."
Now, my understanding of the Fifth Amendment is based solely on its use in a Chapelle's Show sketch but couldn't he just invoke it?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. From a NDP Supporter in Canada. We are winning.

This is special for me(not running) so tearing up a bit

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, my understanding of the Fifth Amendment is based solely on its use in a Chapelle's Show sketch but couldn't he just invoke it?

Yes, he could. But he would be testifying "against" the guy who just publicly humiliated him. And he might have given Trump's people classified info on Hillary's investigation.

He'll cut a deal and then speak. I would bet on it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he could. But he would be testifying "against" the guy who just publicly humiliated him. And he might have given Trump's people classified info on Hillary's investigation.

He'll cut a deal and then speak. I would bet on it.
I'm going to Vegas tomorrow but I don't think that's a bet i'll make.

For starters, I don't think Comey gave any info on Clinton to the Trump campaign. He would have to be the most Hooverish FBI director since the man himself in order to do something that dumb. When you have an investigation of that magnitude ongoing leaks will happen naturally enough so that even if he wanted to get info out into the open he would have had (as it is alleged that happened with Rudy Giuliani being leaked info regarding the Abedin e-mails at the end of the campaign). There is no reason for Comey to be anywhere near linked to any leaks.

Secondly, James Comey is a career prosecutor and lawman. Giving any information that would jeopardize or make more difficult any currently ongoing investigations would just be so out of his character. That may happen under a new director but until that does I cannot see him uttering a peep about what's going on behind closed doors at the FBI.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comey got Kruegered.

Mr. Comey learned that he had been fired while he was addressing a group of F.B.I. employees in Los Angeles. While he spoke, television screens in the background began flashing the news. Shortly thereafter, a letter was delivered to the F.B.I.’s headquarters in Washington.

In response, Mr. Comey laughed, saying he thought it was a fairly funny prank.

Then his staff started scurrying around in the background and told Mr. Comey that he should step into a nearby office.

Mr. Comey stopped addressing the group. He proceeded to shake hands with the employees he had been speaking to. Then he stepped into a side office, where he confirmed that he had been fired. At that point, he had not heard from the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/comey-trump-fbi-live.html?_r=0

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to introduce the new acting director of the FBI, Doug Maclean.

10comey-briefing-mcgabe-master315.jpg

Oh my bad, It's Andrew McCabe.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comey got Kruegered.

Mr. Comey learned that he had been fired while he was addressing a group of F.B.I. employees in Los Angeles. While he spoke, television screens in the background began flashing the news. Shortly thereafter, a letter was delivered to the F.B.I.’s headquarters in Washington.

In response, Mr. Comey laughed, saying he thought it was a fairly funny prank.

Then his staff started scurrying around in the background and told Mr. Comey that he should step into a nearby office.

Mr. Comey stopped addressing the group. He proceeded to shake hands with the employees he had been speaking to. Then he stepped into a side office, where he confirmed that he had been fired. At that point, he had not heard from the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/comey-trump-fbi-live.html?_r=0

Are you suggesting, my good man, that Mr. Trump did something in poor taste? Frankly, I find that hard to believe.

2FD9465400000578-3396562-And_his_favorite_place_is_Trump_pictured_in_2001_in_the_bedroom_-a-4_1452640151786.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by that logic, CCN stands for Huckabees A Moran

Status
Not open for further replies.