• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
C_2KKt4UQAA41sP.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad if true (and I don't think this story is fake news)

Two women travelling on an American Airlines flight have claimed members of staff were “racist” towards one of them.

Rane Baldwin, who is African American, was flying with friend Janet Novack, who is white, from Kentucky to Charlotte when the incident occurred on 2 May.

Baldwin - an AAdvantage Platinum Select/World Elite cardholder - had purchased the two tickets and decided to upgrade them both to first class. However, when they were issued their boarding passes, she was instructed to go to the back of the plane despite her frequent flyer status, while Novack, who holds no status with the airline, was directed to first class. Baldwin was told her seat had been reassigned because there weren’t enough first class seats available.

https://ca.yahoo.com/style/american-airlines-accused-racism-sending-085900013.html

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two women travelling on an American Airlines flight have claimed members of staff were “racist” towards one of them.

Rane Baldwin, who is African American, was flying with friend Janet Novack, who is white, from Kentucky to Charlotte when the incident occurred on 2 May.

Baldwin - an AAdvantage Platinum Select/World Elite cardholder - had purchased the two tickets and decided to upgrade them both to first class. However, when they were issued their boarding passes, she was instructed to go to the back of the plane despite her frequent flyer status, while Novack, who holds no status with the airline, was directed to first class. Baldwin was told her seat had been reassigned because there weren’t enough first class seats available.

https://ca.yahoo.com/style/american-airlines-accused-racism-sending-085900013.html
Being an Aadvantage Platuinum Select World Elite Mastercard holder means she has a co-branded credit card from American Airlines - it doesn't mean she has any other frequent flyer status with them. It means she gets a free checked bag and maybe a little better priority in the boarding queue. She had not purchased a first class ticket either - she purchased an economy ticket and her and her friend got an operational upgrade known as an op-up. Then the flight they were taken got a mechanical issue and was cancelled. They were re-booked on another flight which only had one first class seat available and the computer had to chose one of either her or her friend to move back to coach. Downgrades are not done with human input - it is a computer thing.

With that being said, the flight attendant was probably pretty racist for not answering the displaced passengers questions about why she was moved to the back of the economy section while answering the same question of her white friend in first class.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm an American Airlines regular who doesn't want to be but doesn't really have a choice since they have a virtual monopoly here in Charlotte. I can't stand them.

With that out of the way, there are so many things wrong with this article that I don't even know where to begin. I will never, ever defend AA when they deserve to be shat on (frequently), but this is not one of those deserved times. At least not based on what's presented in this article.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe more golf will help :noidea:

Can anyone really listen to him speak and or tweet and not think there is something wrong with him?

Can we seriously get away from our presidents being 60+? For every sharp 70 year old I know I know at least one that is not so sharp any longer. Dash, you are one of the sharp ones

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone really listen to him speak and or tweet and not think there is something wrong with him?

Can we seriously get away from our presidents being 60+? For every sharp 70 year old I know I know at least one that is not so sharp any longer. Dash, you are one of the sharp ones

Well, that's the funniest thing I'm going to read all day, comeds.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else doing his/her best Benning impersonation right now - there are 2 Jon Coopers?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the follow-up on that AA story esls and sabresfan, by the way.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once had the same credit card so I know what status it holds (I used the sign up miles to fly back from Fiji and didn't have to fly on American at all). I feel bad for those held captive at airport hubs of American and United who are essentially forced to fly this shit.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once had the same credit card so I know what status it holds (I used the sign up miles to fly back from Fiji and didn't have to fly on American at all). I feel bad for those held captive at airport hubs of American and United who are essentially forced to fly this shit.
It's a double-edged sword. On one hand, I can get a direct flight to something like 150 different places, which is great.

Except when I'm traveling for personal travel and have to pay for the privilege of having that direct flight.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And handsome too. Seriously though, I hope I look that good when I'm 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.