• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sec fans should realize...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't dislike the sec. I like and respect some of those teams, I just enjoy putting sec trolls in their place :noidea:so sue me.

How does sharing a list illustrating your opinion put anyone in their place?

Do you have a source you can cite so we can see what criteria was used in making this list?

Not sure you have any grounds to stand on using the T word at this point.

For example I use

http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking

Now people may disagree with their ranking procedure but it's all right there to see what they are talking about.

SEC with 3 top 10 programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk just based off of how old I think a lot of the sec trolls are. You have to be pretty young to think the sec is the most dominant conference in college football history.

define ''pretty young" and how old are you exactly?

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does sharing a list illustrating your opinion put anyone in their place?

Do you have a source you can cite so we can see what criteria was used in making this list?

Not sure you have any grounds to stand on using the T word at this point.

For example I use

Winsipedia - College football OVERALL RANKING rankings

Now people may disagree with their ranking procedure but it's all right there to see what they are talking about.

SEC with 3 top 10 programs.

That's pretty funny. "Weeks at #1" and Weeks in poll". How lame.

You can be ranked 15 times in year and finish unranked and do 15 times better than a team that finished the season ranked by getting into the poll that last week.

Who had a better season, the team that finished ranked or the team that finished unranked? Why would you give beauty points to an overranked pre-season team?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
define ''pretty young" and how old are you exactly?

Define dominant while you're at it? The majority of your lists are based on wins and those wins were mainly against the other teams in that conference. Pretty sure SEC still won it's share of titles. Plus it might not be perfect but today's system is much more accurate in crowning a champion.

Do you realize when I was growing up, and I promise I'm old enough to not be "pretty young", you had two teams in the Big 10, two! Ohio St and Michigan. Everyone else sucked. In the Big 8 you had Nebraska and OU and that was it. Everyone else sucked. In the SWC you had Texas and occasionally Texas A&M and Arkansas! The rest sucked. The PAC had USC and UCLA. Everyone else sucked! Those teams racked up a lot of wins over nobodys! The SEC was much more balanced then other conferences. You had Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, LSU and even Ole Miss was decent a lot! That's 6 teams in a 10 team conference! Florida starting getting better mid-eighties. Get your facts straight before just throwing a list out there.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 910 wins, Texas 873 wns, Notre Dame 873 wins, Nebraska 860 wins, Ohio State 843 Wins, Oklahoma 836 wins, Alabama 832 wins, Tennessee 804 wins, Southern California 786 wins, Georgia 759 wins

This is the top 10 in all time wins. Notice Georgia and Tennessee are on the list. 3 of 10 is not bad considering the number of conferences.

Thank you Bandwagonbo2 for putting up THE college football list. As far as college football history, this is the wins list.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define dominant while you're at it? The majority of your lists are based on wins and those wins were mainly against the other teams in that conference. Pretty sure SEC still won it's share of titles. Plus it might not be perfect but today's system is much more accurate in crowning a champion.

Do you realize when I was growing up, and I promise I'm old enough to not be "pretty young", you had two teams in the Big 10, two! Ohio St and Michigan. Everyone else sucked. In the Big 8 you had Nebraska and OU and that was it. Everyone else sucked. In the SWC you had Texas and occasionally Texas A&M and Arkansas! The rest sucked. The PAC had USC and UCLA. Everyone else sucked! Those teams racked up a lot of wins over nobodys! The SEC was much more balanced then other conferences. You had Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, LSU and even Ole Miss was decent a lot! That's 6 teams in a 10 team conference! Florida starting getting better mid-eighties. Get your facts straight before just throwing a list out there.

True however, Oklahoma played Nebraska AND Texas every year.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Big Ten was a two team conference in the 70s. How good was Ole Miss during that period.

From 1970 to when the SEC expanded, the SEC won 745 games against other conference, and 687 games against other SEC teams. That's not even the majority of wins " against the other teams in that conference." You show a marked lack of ignorance of this period if you think the SEC got most of their wins against other SEC teams. The SEC played a very lame non-conference schedule over this period, and got a lot of their wins there.

APettitte46

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Octoberfetus23, likes making things up and hope people will believe his steaming pile of BS story telling.

According to CFdatawarehouse, the SEC is the all time overall #1 conference, the #1 conference from 1925-1949, the #1 conference from 1950-1975, the #2 conference from 1976-1999 and again the #1 conference from 2000-2009.

But according to Octoberfetus the SEC started its winning ways in 2005 :laugh3::wtf2:

SEC #1 all-time conference

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the OP that has a top 10 list with not one mention of what it was based on.

Was this back when blacks and jews were shunned and they wore leather helmets?

Credibility = 0.

Thank God my affiliation with the B1G is I am a NW alumni... else I could be called a SEC homer :)

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Octoberfetus23, likes making things up and hope people will believe his steaming pile of BS story telling.

According to CFdatawarehouse, the SEC is the all time overall #1 conference, the #1 conference from 1925-1949, the #1 conference from 1950-1975, the #2 conference from 1976-1999 and again the #1 conference from 2000-2009.

But according to Octoberfetus the SEC started its winning ways in 2005 :laugh3::wtf2:

That site is good at comparing individual programs but does terrible at comparing conferences. They use current conference alignment to get historical conference rankings. That is pretty lame IMO.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a surprise. An SEC fan came up with a rating system that had the SEC #1. Shocking.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That site tries to rank the Big 12 historically when it didn't exist until 1996. It also gives Nebraska's history to the Big 10 and Texas A&M and Arkansas to the SEC etc etc

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing on this thread wreaks of desperation considering op's team.

Im going to bash on the SEC because we lost. That is exactly what this is and it is a bit pathetic.

Show some pride for your team in another way and you will be a happier person.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one thing to claim who you believe are the best programs of all time and it is another to have watched the sport evolve over the last 30 years. All real SEC fans know that college football is cyclical and that we just happen to be on the top end of that cycle right now! I remember watching great teams such as Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas in their hay days but eventually it had to come to an end. Florida state could likely beat auburn, in which I believe they will, and it could start a new transition of power into another conference. The PAC12 is starting to regain form and could potentially be the successor in waiting. I am all about tradition and history when it comes to sports but it ultimately boils down to "what have you done lately?" Right now the SEC is king and until proven otherwise, it will remain that way. For team non-SECs' sake, I hope it is sooner than later. We would like a little outside competition every once in a while!