• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sec fans should realize...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just sec counter talk. I didn't make up these stats. The 10 teams I showed you are the ten most winningest college football programs of all time. The fact that only one of those teams is an sec team makes the list illegitimate? I'd love for an sec fan to explain the logic here..

Michigan 910 wins, Texas 873 wns, Notre Dame 873 wins, Nebraska 860 wins, Ohio State 843 Wins, Oklahoma 836 wins, Alabama 832 wins, Tennessee 804 wins, Southern California 786 wins, Georgia 759 wins

This is the top 10 in all time wins. Notice Georgia and Tennessee are on the list. 3 of 10 is not bad considering the number of conferences.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of self professed NFL guys who like to play on the college boards like this one.

His hate(which he says he doesnt have) is apparent. I have never started a thread against another group or conference, he seems to only post against the SEC.

That's because I've become absolutely amazed at what I've seen over the past couple weeks. The lack of humility sec fans have. I don't care that you brag about dominating college football, the sec has for the better part of the last decade. The only thing I'm trying to do is educate sec fans so they don't sound do stupid. They act like no other conference will ever dominate again. I could easily sit here and brag about how the big ten is the most successful conference in college football history (which it is) but I won't. I'll only give you facts, statistics and empirical evidence contrary to what sec fans believe. The sec IS the most dominant conference in football today. It's only a matter of time before They're taking a back seat again. Just learn some humility is all I ask.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 910 wins, Texas 873 wns, Notre Dame 873 wins, Nebraska 860 wins, Ohio State 843 Wins, Oklahoma 836 wins, Alabama 832 wins, Tennessee 804 wins, Southern California 786 wins, Georgia 759 wins

This is the top 10 in all time wins. Notice Georgia and Tennessee are on the list. 3 of 10 is not bad considering the number of conferences.

Let me rephrase that, it was a list of the top ten most successful college football programs, they take other things into account, not just regular season wins.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living rent free in OctoberDouche23's mind! Priceless.

By the way, use the search function to see a much better thread that we had about a week ago where this exact subject - the strength of teams when you look at the modern era v. the olden days - resulted in a pretty good thread.

As for you following your teams relevance in the 40s, 50s and 60s, power you you. I get the draw of tradition. If that makes you feel great when you watch college football, go for it. To each his own, I suppose.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio state
3. USC
4. Nebraska
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan
7. Alabama
8. Texas
9. Florida st.
10. Penn state

They have 1 team that's a top 10 program................:laugh3:

If you've only been watching college football for 5-10 years you have a lot of homework to do. The sec is not college football. It's barely a relevant conference in the big picture. Unless of course you're an sec fan in that case replace 9 of these teams. :lol:

Taken from Bleacher Report? Don't know if I agree on the order, but overall that seems somewhat accurate.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because I've become absolutely amazed at what I've seen over the past couple weeks. The lack of humility sec fans have. I don't care that you brag about dominating college football, the sec has for the better part of the last decade. The only thing I'm trying to do is educate sec fans so they don't sound do stupid. They act like no other conference will ever dominate again. I could easily sit here and brag about how the big ten is the most successful conference in college football history (which it is) but I won't. I'll only give you facts, statistics and empirical evidence contrary to what sec fans believe. The sec IS the most dominant conference in football today. It's only a matter of time before They're taking a back seat again. Just learn some humility is all I ask.
I can assure you that most of us here know college football a lot better than you do. There have always been posts where the SEC fans acknowledge the cyclical nature of college football. We've actually had good threads where we had meaningful discussions on why the power has cycled to the south, and what it would take to get it back to the B1G and other more northern conferences. I think there is a live one now. Those are fun threads, unlike your trolling here.

Now, go back to the kiddies table, so the adults can talk college football.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has seven NC's and four Heisman's, but that's not the reason why they are the No. 1 team alone.

They have the longest winning streak at 47 games, they also have been conference champs 39 times. Both are more than any other team.

Since 1942 they have a .762 winning percentage which is matched by none.

The Sooners also have been in the top five final AP an outstanding 29 times.

Oklahoma is also the only team on this list that boasts two long standing rivals that are on this list in Texas and Nebraska.

The "Game of the Century" was played in 1971 against Nebraska, it featured a Heisman member from both teams. The Sooners lost a heartbreaker, but beat the Cornhuskers more than they lost over the years

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can assure you that most of us here know college football a lot better than you do. There have always been posts where the SEC fans acknowledge the cyclical nature of college football. We've actually had good threads where we had meaningful discussions on why the power has cycled to the south, and what it would take to get it back to the B1G and other more northern conferences. I think there is a live one now. Those are fun threads, unlike your trolling here.

Now, go back to the kiddies table, so the adults can talk college football.

I've yet to hear an sec fan do anything but bash other conferences.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to hear an sec fan do anything but bash other conferences.
The rules are that those at the kiddies table are spoken to ... they don't speak to us. Now move along, troll.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First thing wrong is the factual evidence only shows two actual B1G teams in the list...add in Nebraska who defected and its three, same as the SEC with Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama.

Second thing here is that if your going to post evidence and facts, make sure they are correct, yours were not. And as far as humility goes, I am sure that once another conference comes and does what the SEC has recently(which has never been done before) then that group will need to be reminded of the cycle.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken from Bleacher Report? Don't know if I agree on the order, but overall that seems somewhat accurate.

Its not accurate though, PSU is not in the top 10 anymore, USC, Tennessee and Georgia are in the top 10 also. The true one Bamabino posted as a link and it jives closely with others i have seen.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not accurate though, PSU is not in the top 10 anymore, USC, Tennessee and Georgia are in the top 10 also. The true one Bamabino posted as a link and it jives closely with others i have seen.

Say what you want about penny state and their recent disgusting history, but to this subject you can't just discount everything they did because of jerry Sandusky.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing wrong is the factual evidence only shows two actual B1G teams in the list...add in Nebraska who defected and its three, same as the SEC with Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama.

Second thing here is that if your going to post evidence and facts, make sure they are correct, yours were not. And as far as humility goes, I am sure that once another conference comes and does what the SEC has recently(which has never been done before) then that group will need to be reminded of the cycle.

Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio state. 3