• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sec fans should realize...

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has seven NC's and four Heisman's, but that's not the reason why they are the No. 1 team alone.

They have the longest winning streak at 47 games, they also have been conference champs 39 times. Both are more than any other team.

Since 1942 they have a .762 winning percentage which is matched by none.

The Sooners also have been in the top five final AP an outstanding 29 times.

Oklahoma is also the only team on this list that boasts two long standing rivals that are on this list in Texas and Nebraska.

The "Game of the Century" was played in 1971 against Nebraska, it featured a Heisman member from both teams. The Sooners lost a heartbreaker, but beat the Cornhuskers more than they lost over the years

Now you are talking! I love that OU is considered the top program in the modern area (Since WWII). But I don't think that tradition is going to help us one little bit on Jan 2nd this year when Bama is running it down our throat! The only hope we have is that 08 Bama that played Utah shows up.

Octoberfest, I get what you are trying to say to team SEC but you are raining on their parade by doing it. Let them enjoy their day in the sun. Until someone beats the SEC on the field in the NCG they are the top dog and deserve all the attention. Now I don't like the way ESPN spins it because they have a vested interested in making them appear better than they are. But the facts are the facts SEC has won the past 7 and until they are knocked off the peak they can boast all they want in my opinion.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are talking! I love that OU is considered the top program in the modern area (Since WWII). But I don't think that tradition is going to help us one little bit on Jan 2nd this year when Bama is running it down our throat! The only hope we have is that 08 Bama that played Utah shows up.

Octoberfest, I get what you are trying to say to team SEC but you are raining on their parade by doing it. Let them enjoy their day in the sun. Until someone beats the SEC on the field in the NCG they are the top dog and deserve all the attention. Now I don't like the way ESPN spins it because they have a vested interested in making them appear better than they are. But the facts are the facts SEC has won the past 7 and until they are knocked off the peak they can boast all they want in my opinion.

I agree espn isn't helping matters.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about penny state and their recent disgusting history, but to this subject you can't just discount everything they did because of jerry Sandusky.

I'm not discounting a thing, your list is wrong and its proven on several other sites. I could care less what a bunch of yankee p*****iles did up there in the confines of what ever shower they chose, facts are facts and your list is found to be lacking in truth.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Futhermore, Bama is an elite college football program on any list. Yes some of the teams in their conference are 'johnny come lately" (Florida) but you have to give the Tide credit as a traditional power program. The only reason Tenn. and UGA are not in the same class (because they do have tradition and wins) is the number of championships. Only thing that bothers me about some of Bama's fans is they claim like 147 NC's! Just because the US woman's sewing circle voted Bama the NC for a year doesn't make it so.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
things the OP should realize:

the forward pass is now legal. leather helmets are no longer in use. and the SEC has been dominating the sport during the BCS era.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has seven NC's and four Heisman's, but that's not the reason why they are the No. 1 team alone.

They have the longest winning streak at 47 games, they also have been conference champs 39 times. Both are more than any other team.

Since 1942 they have a .762 winning percentage which is matched by none.

The Sooners also have been in the top five final AP an outstanding 29 times.

Oklahoma is also the only team on this list that boasts two long standing rivals that are on this list in Texas and Nebraska.

The "Game of the Century" was played in 1971 against Nebraska, it featured a Heisman member from both teams. The Sooners lost a heartbreaker, but beat the Cornhuskers more than they lost over the years

Espn also list Oklahoma as the #1 program of all time.

Counting down college football's most prestigious programs (1-5) - ESPN

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State?

Johnny come lately! Tradition dating back to what the 90's? I may be proven wrong but I don't think there is any way they are on an all-time list of college football elite.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
things the OP should realize:

the forward pass is now legal. leather helmets are no longer in use. and the SEC has been dominating the sport during the BCS era.

This thread is dedicated to the likes of people like you. Without you and others like you, we(the long time SEC fans) would not have to suffer through this type of thread.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is dedicated to the likes of people like you. Without you and others like you, we(the long time SEC fans) would not have to suffer through this type of thread.
:agree:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just sec counter talk. I didn't make up these stats. The 10 teams I showed you are the ten most winningest college football programs of all time. The fact that only one of those teams is an sec team makes the list illegitimate? I'd love for an sec fan to explain the logic here..

I'm talking about the order. There is a lot more to it then just the wins. And there is no way FSU is top 10 in wins. They just started winning in the 80's. I have no problem with the other teams as long as the list is title most tradition rich programs of All time! Modern success eliminates a ton of them.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the order. There is a lot more to it then just the wins. And there is no way FSU is top 10 in wins. They just started winning in the 80's. I have no problem with the other teams as long as the list is title most tradition rich programs of All time! Modern success eliminates a ton of them.

I think they're taking into account how many heisman winners, how many times you were ranked in the top 5, win %, strength of your conference etc. I didn't think Florida st. Would be on the list either but there they are :noidea:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mdl4tdTsxB1r4abt0o1_250.gif

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN lopped off the entire first third of college football for that BS ranking. It's also at least 5 years old.

Bama is not even Top 5?? Nice list... :pound:

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio state
3. USC
4. Nebraska
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan
7. Alabama
8. Texas
9. Florida st.
10. Penn state

They have 1 team that's a top 10 program................:laugh3:

If you've only been watching college football for 5-10 years you have a lot of homework to do. The sec is not college football. It's barely a relevant conference in the big picture. Unless of course you're an sec fan in that case replace 9 of these teams. :lol:

Keep trollin trollin trollin!