• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sec fans should realize...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin over South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl!!

underrated bowl game

Plus a million!

Except, I have to dock you a few hundred thousand for predicting a Badgers win...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus a million!

Except, I have to dock you a few hundred thousand for predicting a Badgers win...

I think this one and the Rose Bowl will likely be the two best games when it's all said and done.

Would like to give the nod to Wiskey but when I compare quarterbacks, I just can't.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I made this thread because sec fans don't know the history of college football before 2005..

Actually, you have it backwards. look at the number of teams that have ten or more finishes in the final AP Top 10, and nobody has more than the SEC

SEC (9)
37 - Bama
23 - Tennessee
21 - LSU
20 - Georgia
17 - Florida
17 - Auburn
14 - Arkansas
12 - aTm
10 - Ole Miss

B1G (7)
37 - Michigan
33 - Ohio St
30 - Nebraska
24 - Penn State
13 - Mich St
12 - Wisconsin
12 - Iowa

ACC (4)
17 - FSU
17 - Miami
10 - Pitt
10 - GT

Pac (3)
28 - USC
16 - UCLA
11 - UW

Big XII (2)
37 - OU
26 - Texas

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you have it backwards. look at the number of teams that have ten or more finishes in the final AP Top 10, and nobody has more than the SEC

SEC (9)
37 - Bama
23 - Tennessee
21 - LSU
20 - Georgia
17 - Florida
17 - Auburn
14 - Arkansas
12 - aTm
10 - Ole Miss

B1G (7)
37 - Michigan
33 - Ohio St
30 - Nebraska
24 - Penn State
13 - Mich St
12 - Wisconsin
12 - Iowa

ACC (4)
17 - FSU
17 - Miami
10 - Pitt
10 - GT

Pac (3)
28 - USC
16 - UCLA
11 - UW

Big XII (2)
37 - OU
26 - Texas

well to be fair, most of those aTm finishes were under the banner of other conferences. then again, the same could be said for miami, nebraska, etc

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten was a two team conference in the 70s. How good was Ole Miss during that period.

From 1970 to when the SEC expanded, the SEC won 745 games against other conference, and 687 games against other SEC teams. That's not even the majority of wins " against the other teams in that conference." You show a marked lack of ignorance of this period if you think the SEC got most of their wins against other SEC teams. The SEC played a very lame non-conference schedule over this period, and got a lot of their wins there.

First of all I was referencing ALL conferences AND YES IN THE 70'S (when I grew up)! NOt through expansion. As for OOC, I remember Alabama with H&H with Nebraska, Notre Dame, Missouri, California, Miami, USC.

So I guess Mr. lack of ignorance all the OOC are tons better now with all the teams playing 3 and 4 powerhouses, huh?

As for 1970-1979 Alabama went 61-7 in the SEC (68 total conference games). They played a total of 120 games in the 70's so how in the hell did they play more non conference games? The math doesn't add up. I'm talking 70's which is what I referenced! I also notice you point out only one of the 6 teams I listed in the SEC. I said most the other conferences only had two good teams. Wow, proved me wrong big time! As for Ole Miss in the 70's, they were a little above average.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing on this thread wreaks of desperation considering op's team.

Im going to bash on the SEC because we lost. That is exactly what this is and it is a bit pathetic.

Show some pride for your team in another way and you will be a happier person.

Can you read or do you have someone interpret for you. I told you if acc fans were out here talking all this smack id make a thread that would put them in their place. I'm not sure what ohio state losing has to do with sec fans. I stated very clearly I thought Michigan st. could beat Ohio state. Not sure what that has to do with anything. This thread is purely for educating sec fans.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
define ''pretty young" and how old are you exactly?

Pretty young would be 16-25. That would be the age group that has lived through a dominant sec era. Because clearly they weren't paying attention before the decade.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I was referencing ALL conferences AND YES IN THE 70'S (when I grew up)! NOt through expansion. As for OOC, I remember Alabama with H&H with Nebraska, Notre Dame, Missouri, California, Miami, USC.

So I guess Mr. lack of ignorance all the OOC are tons better now with all the teams playing 3 and 4 powerhouses, huh?

As for 1970-1979 Alabama went 61-7 in the SEC (68 total conference games). They played a total of 120 games in the 70's so how in the hell did they play more non conference games? The math doesn't add up. I'm talking 70's which is what I referenced! I also notice you point out only one of the 6 teams I listed in the SEC. I said most the other conferences only had two good teams. Wow, proved me wrong big time! As for Ole Miss in the 70's, they were a little above average.

I know you were referencing all conferences, but you were comparing the SEC as if they had the same structure. If you wonder why SEC teams built up so many wins, instead of one or two in the conference, look at their non-conference structure.

Never said, or inferred were better or worse. Your ignorance is getting intrusive.

I never said Alabama played more non-conference games. Your ignorance is compound by your inability to read. Way to change the stat to try to make a point. I guess if you're ignorant you have to do that. It's a fact that SEC teams compiled more wins against non-conference teams than they did against SEC teams in the 70s. If you're too dense to understand that, there's not much I can do for you.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read or do you have someone interpret for you. I told you if acc fans were out here talking all this smack id make a thread that would put them in their place. I'm not sure what ohio state losing has to do with sec fans. I stated very clearly I thought Michigan st. could beat Ohio state. Not sure what that has to do with anything. This thread is purely for educating sec fans.

Why would fans from ACC schools even bother to try and post here? They know where they stand. Their 2nd best team got waxed by the 2nd best team in the SEC's weaker division. For the 5th straight year. Georgia Tech lost to Georgia without their starting QB. That makes 12 out of the last 13.

Might the ACC have the best overall team in the country? Sure. But they aren't even close to having as good of a football conference as the SEC and everyone knows it. Even Miami was largely dominated by Florida... but Florida just kept turning the ball over in the red zone.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would fans from ACC schools even bother to try and post here? They know where they stand. Their 2nd best team got waxed by the 2nd best team in the SEC's weaker division. For the 5th straight year. Georgia Tech lost to Georgia without their starting QB. That makes 12 out of the last 13.

Might the ACC have the best overall team in the country? Sure. But they aren't even close to having as good of a football conference as the SEC and everyone knows it. Even Miami was largely dominated by Florida... but Florida just kept turning the ball over in the red zone.

Yea but you do you know that Florida st. Is actually just a better college football program than auburn? Just because auburn won a couple years ago doesn't mean they're better today.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but you do you know that Florida st. Is actually just a better college football program than auburn? Just because auburn won a couple years ago doesn't mean they're better today.

if auburn wins this year, that will be a hard argument to make. 2 BCS titles and another undefeated season in the last decade would by far trump anything florida state has done since 2000.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if auburn wins this year, that will be a hard argument to make. 2 BCS titles and another undefeated season in the last decade would by far trump anything florida state has done since 2000.

Undefeated?

You really are delusional.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
file.php

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten was a two team conference in the 70s. How good was Ole Miss during that period.

From 1970 to when the SEC expanded, the SEC won 745 games against other conference, and 687 games against other SEC teams. That's not even the majority of wins " against the other teams in that conference." You show a marked lack of ignorance of this period if you think the SEC got most of their wins against other SEC teams. The SEC played a very lame non-conference schedule over this period, and got a lot of their wins there.

Is the source out of your ASS on this one too? For somebody that likes to throw numbers around please allow the rest of us to laugh at where you are getting them from. Otherwise the rest of us will just start making up shit too.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas clobbers a team playing in the Sugar and TAMU's best win is Rice.
Why are they ranked and Texas is not?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you were referencing all conferences, but you were comparing the SEC as if they had the same structure. If you wonder why SEC teams built up so many wins, instead of one or two in the conference, look at their non-conference structure.

Never said, or inferred were better or worse. Your ignorance is getting intrusive.

I never said Alabama played more non-conference games. Your ignorance is compound by your inability to read. Way to change the stat to try to make a point. I guess if you're ignorant you have to do that. It's a fact that SEC teams compiled more wins against non-conference teams than they did against SEC teams in the 70s. If you're too dense to understand that, there's not much I can do for you.

Well, let's look at the actual games and teams played rather than just relying on you to spout whatever agenda you want:

During the 70's:

The SEC won 649 games...compiling a 649-466-23 record.

Of those SEC wins 311 were in conference...with a conference record of 311-311-8, no big surprise here wins have to equal losses.

OOC the SEC won 338 games compiling a 338-155-15 record

Now let's look at those games. Of the 338 wins,

Here's where they came from

Big 10 - 5
Big 8 - 17
SWC -33
Pac-12 - 18
ACC -46
Independent - 163
Other(WAC, Southern, MAC & such) - 56

Now let's talk about the "Independent" teams on this list...remember we are talking the 70's, so these are not some random yet to be invited to the Sun Belt I-AA teams.

The Independents of the 70's are Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Florida St., Miami, Southern Miss, Houston, Penn St., West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Pittsburg, Tulane, South Carolina, Louisville....These teams represent more than 90% of the 163 wins vs Independents with 77 losses.

So again, I will ask you to point out the LAME padded out SEC wins of the 70's

Perhaps you are too dense to understand that if the SEC was still playing the same OOC schedule today that they were playing in the 70's then Ohio St. might have been behind several 1-loss SEC teams prior to being dismantled by Michigan St.

BTW...during the 70's the Big 10 was 137-159-8 vs other conferences. Including a lovely 34-44-1 mark against these same Independant "patsies". Of course over that span the Big 10 did manage a 7-5 mark vs the SEC...which would be slightly more impressive if it didn't include a 4 wins vs Kentucky and 1 vs Vandy, lol...a 1970's scheduling trend which is pervasive throughout the Big 10 BTW...most common ACC opponent Duke and North Carolina....Southwest Conference it was TCU and Baylor.

So tell me again which conference was padding their win total in the 1970's...

Info is from sportshoop.la

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas clobbers a team playing in the Sugar and TAMU's best win is Rice.
Why are they ranked and Texas is not?

Probably because they didn't get clobbered by that team going to the Music City Bowl...which incidentally is their best win...not Rice

I personally think Texas could beat A&M now...but it would certainly not be a given. Fact is anybody from 15 to 50 is capable of beating the other.