• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Patroits, who wins?

Who's going to win this Super Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that both defenses are going to be tested.
Patriots will have a hard time in coverage if Wilson is able to extend plays
Seahawks can cover deep but Patriots will be hitting short - quick passes
I'm visualizing Thomas' and Sherman's arms falling off after they try to hold Gronk.....

Sherman is no match for Gronk physically. Neither is Thomas but he'd be more likely to lay the wood than Sherman.

Gronk will have to keep his head up with Kam Chancellor on the field though. He hits like a truck. He's nearly killed Vernon Davis at least twice and Davis is only 15 pounds lighter than Gronk.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg
Sherman is no match for Gronk physically. Neither is Thomas but he'd be more likely to lay the wood than Sherman.

Gronk will have to keep his head up with Kam Chancellor on the field though. He hits like a truck. He's nearly killed Vernon Davis at least twice and Davis is only 15 pounds lighter than Gronk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All talk in public aside.
Sherman is going to get targeted with a "special play" in the SB.
Brady does hold grudges and he will remember Sherman getting in his face.
Sherman knows it's coming and will be counting on it.
Should be very interesting - stay tuned!!!!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will win this game even if the ball is inflated properly.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be underrating RW because he doesn't put up huge numbers in total yardage and total touchdowns. IMHO, he's a very efficient player who makes a lot of good plays. He's so very right for this team that I'm not sure how much better they would be if they brought in anyone else. Wilson may not be elite, but his passer rating and yards per attempt are very good. He's performing and doing his job well. There's not much more that Seattle can ask from him.

Can't argue that.

He's won a super bowl and looking for another. I guess he's doing something right.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can someone look at Wilson with the best QBR in playoff history and say he's not that good ? People just want a reason to say he sucks... It's like they can't accept how good he really is... One bad first half in a playoff game and he's capped on ... Well, look how the kid finished that game...

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can someone look at Wilson with the best QBR in playoff history and say he's not that good ? People just want a reason to say he sucks... It's like they can't accept how good he really is... One bad first half in a playoff game and he's capped on ... Well, look how the kid finished that game...

Nobody says he sucks. He's just not elite. It's a lot different when your QB plays not to lose rather than your QB playing to win and if he doesn't succeed he loses. RW is top 10 in the league. Honestly, I'd put him behind Rodgers, manning, Brady, and luck. I could see people putting him behind roethlisberger as well. Russell Wilson is probably the best QB ever that plays not to lose.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On soft intangibles:

• DeflateGate was a distraction to the Pats.
  • DeflateGate will bring the team together ...
  • ... and help with a serious attitude that averts further distractions.
  • The Seahawks have been there before, recently.
  • Quinn shouldn't be too distracted; after all, he technically doesn't have another job yet. (Charlie Weis to Notre Dame, by way of contrast, was a bigger issue for the Pats, and that worked out well even so.)
Not much to see there, then.

The most inconsistent unit for either team may be the Pats' OL. I'm pretty optimistic about that, but we have a rookie recovering from what wasn't his first injury this year, so we'll have to see.

I think BB's game planning skills will be important on defense. I'm one of the Patriots fans who expects a plan in which Jamie Collins will do to Lynch what Willie McGinest did to Marshall Faulk. Stopping Lynch isn't a one-man job, and Collins won't be on it full time, but the analogy has value even so; BB is the master of such game plans, and such a game plan is called for.

BB is also a master of confuse-the-QB game plans. E.g., I expect Hightower and Collins to switch assignments at times, just to mess with Wilson's head. Again, I think his game planning chops will matter.

On offense I expect McDaniels to have the kitchen sink ready. Some tactics will work; some won't. I'm guessing Seattle will try to take Gronk out of the game, while hoping ordinary tactics suffice for LaFell. That reduces the problem to Edelman, Amendola, running backs and dubious TEs, and Seattle will hope general speed and alertness will suffice for them. I'm reasonably optimistic there too.

Back when the Patriots were winning all those Super Bowls, their strong defenses tended to allow late-game scoring explosions. That fits right into what Wilson is good at. So that possibility worries me. The Pats' DTs are also somewhat dinged up, so stamina is an issue, so classic Lynch late-game pounding is also a concern.

I expect the Pats to win, but it won't be easy.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah -- the Pats' STs really are that good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 huge categories, #1 defense and #1 rushing offense is on Seattle's side...