• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting topic about sliding feet first vs diving for extra yards. Some view QBs that go head first as gamers or tough or taking one for the team, but It's becoming clearer and clearer that when you have an injury history it's just stupid, selfish and a sign that some guys will just never learn and the fact is it flat out eventually just hurts the team. I'm not saying that is the case with Wentz today because I don't know the conversations that took place, but I am saying if he does it again that it is. Coaches don't tell QBs to go feet first because they like them and don't want to see them feeling pain, they say it because they are concerned with what is best for the team and these QBs that go head first and keep getting hurt are just not helping their team in the long run, they are feeding into their own thoughts of what is worth it and what is not. Many guys can do it and keep playing and some just can't. But sooner or later you are going to get hit in the head if you keep doing it. With Wentz his track record at this point proves he just can't stay healthy so it is even more important for him to not put himself in a position where he is likely to get hurt whether via a legal hit or cheap shot
For all of the talk in college about having to have dual threat QB's, few have made long careers in the NFL running the same as they did in college. Lamar is crazy good, but how long can he keep it up?

Wilson came into the league running a lot more. They used the read zone his first year until they added the rule that made it ok to hit a QB running the read zone even after they handed the ball off. That pretty much killed that shit. And it was fairly early in his career that they worked with him to slide early on scrambles that he turns into runs. He's still not always as sound as he should be on throwing it away and avoiding sacks. Way too many of his sacks on directly on him, but he does still tuck and go down when he's actually caught.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a cheap shot though? For sure he wanted to put a hit on Wentz to discourage him from from running the ball again. His shoulder was the lead point of impact though. Yes helmets met and if this was a regular season game a flag might of gotten thrown, but in the playoffs the refs tend to swallow the whistles and let the players play. You can find plays like this in every game. It's football and not easy to keep the helmets out of the way while inflicting a hit. Doesn't make it a dirty hit or "cheap shot". The fact that you can't let it go makes you a sore loser in my eyes and your well known as the king of excuse maker here on SportsHoopla.

I did let it go cause I said it’s no big deal. And for the life of me I don’t get this “excuse maker” nonsense. When have I made excuses

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I made excuses
Says this after he's been saying they only lost because of a cheap shot.

Irony is strong in this one

I don't believe he understands what an excuse is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this game was history. :noidea:
PE1 just can't let it go. Think the rest of the Eagles fans have moved on, but PE1 isn't the kind of guy to say congrats and move on.
Any how onto the Packers vs Seahawks. Should be a great game.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 said that Wentz would have beaten Seattle had it not been for a "cheap shot". - Excuse #1

PE1 said that the reason that Cowboys won in Philly (2017) was because Eagles were "resting players". Excuse #2

Should I post more?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 just can't let it go. Think the rest of the Eagles fans have moved on, but PE1 isn't the kind of guy to say congrats and move on.

Me too. Gonna be hell traveling on Saturday. Hope Lambeau is full.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt really matter. The better team won

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB has had his share of cheap shots and he has never missed a game. But our QB has enough brains to avoid most shots by sliding or getting rid of the ball or going out of bounds. Do we get a little pissed when players take liberties? Of course. Every fan base does but we A) don't belabor the point going on 4-5 days and B)we don't make stupid claims that we would gave won. Although in our teams case, it would be true. Our QB is actually good.
you do realize without Wentz you guys scored 9 pts.
When Wentz played the whole game against Seattle you scored 9 pts. Also you do realize you lost to seattle earlier in the year. (you didnt win)

I do realize that and I also realize our team played a lot better in the playoff game. Wentz got wrecked game 1 versus Dallas. Was that a constant and hold true for game 2? I just think because it was such a close game and the D played waaaaay better and that McCown is a scrub that Wentz would have mustered up more then 3 points going inside the 20 three times. Philly was in that game the entire time with a bad QB because the D played really well. I think Wentz’s ability above McCowns would have helped tremendously

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that Wentz was trying. Not a lot was going well for them.

But he has to be aware of his surroundings.

Like Eric Lindros not seeing Scott Stevens on the ice....
Winner, winner, chicken dinner, Hank. Exactly like Lindros who got lit up more than once because he was an idiot.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says this after he's been saying they only lost because of a cheap shot.

Irony is strong in this one

I don't believe he understands what an excuse is.

No irony at all. I’m being accused of always making excuses. Am I this time? Absolutely. Do I have a long history of it? Absolutely not.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 said that Wentz would have beaten Seattle had it not been for a "cheap shot". - Excuse #1

PE1 said that the reason that Cowboys won in Philly (2017) was because Eagles were "resting players". Excuse #2

Should I post more?

Are you fucking kidding. We had the one seed wrapped up and sat our entire team. You are trying to claim that is me making excuses. Jesus youre impossible. But cool. I’m glad you thought of a “so called” excuse from over 2 years ago. Jesus what a poor reeeeeeeeeach.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fans screamed to have Wentz benched and they didn’t make up a fake injury to save face. Stupid fucking take by you.
It was the beginning of the game. Seattle wasn’t doing anything early either. We win that game with Wentz[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No irony at all. I’m being accused of always making excuses. Am I this time? Absolutely. Do I have a long history of it? Absolutely not.
How about you you just hush up? Let this pass and onto the next round.

Hey Packer fans ....

giphy.gif