• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a poor loser because you been going on and on about a football play that resulted in a injury. Man up , say congrats and move on. Maybe next year bring better results.

Oh, is that it. So if you’re team kicked ass and went to the SB and someone cheap shot your QB you would care at all.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you're not but you are a huge excuse maker
also
you keep putting wentz as a great QB but other than a 12 game period, he's been pretty NFL average

A HUGE excuse maker. Sorry, that’s flat out wrong. I said I think we would have won with Wentz but it’s no big deal because we weren’t making the SB anyway. That’s a HUGE excuse maker. Whatever

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A HUGE excuse maker. Sorry, that’s flat out wrong. I said I think we would have won with Wentz but it’s no big deal because we weren’t making the SB anyway. That’s a HUGE excuse maker. Whatever
YES....huge excuse maker.
Your entire body of work on the hoop says as much

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES....huge excuse maker.
Your entire body of work on the hoop says as much

Yeah PDay. Tell me my entire body of work of excuse making. I have thousands of posts. Tell me two times I made excuses.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I gave him the benefit of the doubt too.
But setting Clowney aside, just in general, when you hear all these coaches, players and former players saying "no one wants to take another player out of the game" , I'm not sure I buy that. They are more politically correct when talking about it because of the way the NFL is now and after what happened to the Saints but I absolutely think there are still players that try to take an opposing player out of the game. Not all, but some.
They are all players themselves. They know what's at stake, both in game and life after football. The vast majority are for sure not interested in hurting others. The few who don't care are fairly well known.

And it's all still a moot point.

You all had a 9-7 team. Did you really think there was a real chance of making the SB? Because even at 11 wins I still didn't see Seattle reaching it. I guess I'm more rooted in reality.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, is that it. So if you’re team kicked ass and went to the SB and someone cheap shot your QB you would care at all.

Was it a cheap shot though? For sure he wanted to put a hit on Wentz to discourage him from from running the ball again. His shoulder was the lead point of impact though. Yes helmets met and if this was a regular season game a flag might of gotten thrown, but in the playoffs the refs tend to swallow the whistles and let the players play. You can find plays like this in every game. It's football and not easy to keep the helmets out of the way while inflicting a hit. Doesn't make it a dirty hit or "cheap shot". The fact that you can't let it go makes you a sore loser in my eyes and your well known as the king of excuse maker here on SportsHoopla.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB has had his share of cheap shots and he has never missed a game. But our QB has enough brains to avoid most shots by sliding or getting rid of the ball or going out of bounds. Do we get a little pissed when players take liberties? Of course. Every fan base does but we A) don't belabor the point going on 4-5 days and B)we don't make stupid claims that we would gave won. Although in our teams case, it would be true. Our QB is actually good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting topic about sliding feet first vs diving for extra yards. Some view QBs that go head first as gamers or tough or taking one for the team, but It's becoming clearer and clearer that when you have an injury history it's just stupid, selfish and a sign that some guys will just never learn and the fact is it flat out eventually just hurts the team. I'm not saying that is the case with Wentz today because I don't know the conversations that took place, but I am saying if he does it again that it is. Coaches don't tell QBs to go feet first because they like them and don't want to see them feeling pain, they say it because they are concerned with what is best for the team and these QBs that go head first and keep getting hurt are just not helping their team in the long run, they are feeding into their own thoughts of what is worth it and what is not. Many guys can do it and keep playing and some just can't. But sooner or later you are going to get hit in the head if you keep doing it. With Wentz his track record at this point proves he just can't stay healthy so it is even more important for him to not put himself in a position where he is likely to get hurt whether via a legal hit or cheap shot

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a cheap shot though? For sure he wanted to put a hit on Wentz to discourage him from from running the ball again. His shoulder was the lead point of impact though. Yes helmets met and if this was a regular season game a flag might of gotten thrown, but in the playoffs the refs tend to swallow the whistles and let the players play. You can find plays like this in every game. It's football and not easy to keep the helmets out of the way while inflicting a hit. Doesn't make it a dirty hit or "cheap shot". The fact that you can't let it go makes you a sore loser in my eyes and your well known as the king of excuse maker here on SportsHoopla.

Professional foul not called. I liked the hit, not because it put Wentz out, but because it was setting a tone.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB has had his share of cheap shots and he has never missed a game. But our QB has enough brains to avoid most shots by sliding or getting rid of the ball or going out of bounds. Do we get a little pissed when players take liberties? Of course. Every fan base does but we A) don't belabor the point going on 4-5 days and B)we don't make stupid claims that we would gave won. Although in our teams case, it would be true. Our QB is actually good.

The Wee One has been hit. Many times hard.

But he isn't stupid. That one knee bender 2 years ago?? He barely had a chance to see the blue tent and he was back.

Little fucker.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a poor loser. I am 100% confident this years Eagles had ZERO shot of winning a SB so it’s not that big of a deal. Would have liked to win a playoff game though and it blows all the time you invest in supporting a team and seeing it instantly go down the shitter with one cheap shot. I already said it’s no big deal cause we weren’t going to make any real noise.
Yet here you still are 4 days later still going on and on and on about it. Your actions speak louder than words.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting topic about sliding feet first vs diving for extra yards. Some view QBs that go head first as gamers or tough or taking one for the team, but It's becoming clearer and clearer that when you have an injury history it's just stupid, selfish and a sign that some guys will just never learn and the fact is it flat out eventually just hurts the team. I'm not saying that is the case with Wentz today because I don't know the conversations that took place, but I am saying if he does it again that it is. Coaches don't tell QBs to go feet first because they like them and don't want to see them feeling pain, they say it because they are concerned with what is best for the team and these QBs that go head first and keep getting hurt are just not helping their team in the long run, they are feeding into their own thoughts of what is worth it and what is not. Many guys can do it and keep playing and some just can't. But sooner or later you are going to get hit in the head if you keep doing it. With Wentz his track record at this point proves he just can't stay healthy so it is even more important for him to not put himself in a position where he is likely to get hurt whether via a legal hit or cheap shot

I get that Wentz was trying. Not a lot was going well for them.

But he has to be aware of his surroundings.

Like Eric Lindros not seeing Scott Stevens on the ice....

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s true and he may have fumbled which he is known to do but he is our leader and had been playing great. We were completely in that game with a QB that I can’t even call a “has been” because he was never good in the past. There are no certainties in football but I’m pretty damn sure with how our RBs were running and how the D was pretty damn good, with Wentz we’d be playing a team that we beat earlier this year.
you do realize without Wentz you guys scored 9 pts.
When Wentz played the whole game against Seattle you scored 9 pts. Also you do realize you lost to seattle earlier in the year. (you didnt win)