• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah really. To say that the Eagles made up a fake injury and got Drs to make a fake MRI with a cracked vertebrae and lie to the entire nation and get Wentz to lie about a fake injury just to start Foles only to get rid of Foles a few weeks later is really Really REALLY fucking stupid.

Then why wasn’t he placed on IR?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so there’s nooooo difference between a 40 year old QB that was never good and hasn’t played for years and Carson Wentz. Yeah Manster. When Wentz went down Seattle got zero advantage and it really didn’t matter. Uh huh

And what the fuck should my apology be. Sorry for talking to you about football while you were fighting with someone else.
Let me try again. The Offense you ran the last month did not change after Wentz got hurt. McCown is very capable of dumping off to RBs and hitting your TEs on those sit down routes where they find space in the middle of the zone and catch a bunch of their passes and his stats were similar to what would have been expected from Wentz if he stayed in the game. Wentz was 100% a game manager recently when your team started playing better. Mostly low % shorter throws. Your RBs dominated (running and passing) and were the reason for your offensive success. Maybe that was because of injuries, maybe it was because of play calling changes or maybe it was just because that was what was working. It's not a knock on Wentz but a fact on how your team was playing for whatever the reason. But you did all of that with Wentz and you continued to do that with McCown. Little changed with your Offense when Wentz went out and that is what I stated. Perhaps in the red zone there was a little bit of a fall off from an execution perspective because Wentz had some tight window throws over the last half of a season that McCown may not have been able to complete and maybe if Wentz was still in (even though he started off the game horribly) they could have put the ball in the end zone (or maybe not), but getting back to my statement that seemed to upset you, the Offense changed very little once Wentz went out. I'm not sure how you can disagree with this and get so upset about it other than you perceive it as a slight to the guy you defend to the grave post after post and feel the need to fight even the allusion of a slight to him.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to what? The Redskins just fired their GM. The Giants SHOULD have fired their GM. And the Cowboys should have fired Jerry the GM 15 years ago.
Howie's been around since 2010, I call his results mixed at best. The others should have been replaced or never hired.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie's been around since 2010, I call his results mixed at best. The others should have been replaced or never hired.

Well he has a Super Bowl under his belt and the most winning seasons of any NFC East team in that span.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you look at the fact that they won a SB you have to call it a success overall. Did they win because of him or in spite of him, I don't know, but he was the GM and they won so he needs to share in the credit. Now when you look at each individual decisions there are some good and bad and thus mixed results for sure. Poor drafting, horrible cap management this past offseason with the kicking of the can down the road contracts, some incredible trades and dumping of players they may have cut for a nice return since he has been around, questionable FA deals, some great FA deals...like any GM he hasn't been perfect of course

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, didn't Andrew Luck fans keep banging the drum for him year after year, injury after injury?

You can't win a battle of reasoning with delusional fans.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you look at the fact that they won a SB you have to call it a success overall. Did they win because of him or in spite of him, I don't know, but he was the GM and they won so he needs to share in the credit. Now when you look at each individual decisions there are some good and bad and thus mixed results for sure. Poor drafting, horrible cap management this past offseason with the kicking of the can down the road contracts, some incredible trades and dumping of players they may have cut for a nice return since he has been around, questionable FA deals, some great FA deals...like any GM he hasn't been perfect of course

Whether Roseman has been good or great can be debated. But it the Redskins GM was just fired. Jerry Jones has been a consistently bad GM for 15 years. And Dave Gettleman is...welll.... let's just say he's Vezini of NFL GMs.

giphy.gif

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me try again. The Offense you ran the last month did not change after Wentz got hurt. McCown is very capable of dumping off to RBs and hitting your TEs on those sit down routes where they find space in the middle of the zone and catch a bunch of their passes and his stats were similar to what would have been expected from Wentz if he stayed in the game. Wentz was 100% a game manager recently when your team started playing better. Mostly low % shorter throws. Your RBs dominated (running and passing) and were the reason for your offensive success. Maybe that was because of injuries, maybe it was because of play calling changes or maybe it was just because that was what was working. It's not a knock on Wentz but a fact on how your team was playing for whatever the reason. But you did all of that with Wentz and you continued to do that with McCown. Little changed with your Offense when Wentz went out and that is what I stated. Perhaps in the red zone there was a little bit of a fall off from an execution perspective because Wentz had some tight window throws over the last half of a season that McCown may not have been able to complete and maybe if Wentz was still in (even though he started off the game horribly) they could have put the ball in the end zone (or maybe not), but getting back to my statement that seemed to upset you, the Offense changed very little once Wentz went out. I'm not sure how you can disagree with this and get so upset about it other than you perceive it as a slight to the guy you defend to the grave post after post and feel the need to fight even the allusion of a slight to him.
Yeah that seems about right. Even if Wentz stayed in the game and played well, best case scenario is it would have gone down to the wire and there was certainly no guarantee that they win.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Roseman has been good or great can be debated. But it the Redskins GM was just fired. Jerry Jones has been a consistently bad GM for 15 years. And Dave Gettleman is...welll.... let's just say he's Vezini of NFL GMs.

giphy.gif
All depends on what you compare it to I guess. The NFC sure, the Patriots, he would have been fired 5 years ago.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on what you compare it to I guess. The NFC sure, the Patriots, he would have been fired 5 years ago.

I've said about 10 times I'm comparing him to the other NFC East GMs.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 'hot' Wentz was 1/4 for 3 yards. You'd have an easier time with that lame argument if he came out hot before getting knocked out. Looked exactly the same as the first time this defense left him bewildered.

And it was his first playoff game. If you don't think there's a difference between playing the Seahawks in an actual playoff game and 4 games against the scrubs from your own division that all finished at or below .500 then.... :L

Keep making excuses and pretending there is some hidden win there somewhere to complain about.

The better team won. Simple as that. And won again for the second time this year on the eagles home turf. And Wilson hasn't ever lost ro them has he? Been a long time since a Seahawks squad lost to them.
Hold the presses! The post above yours said 1-4 for 2 yards. You say 1-4 for 3 yards. That is 50% more yardage than the other poster. That is a huge difference percentage wise and I say it needs to be cleared up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that seems about right. Even if Wentz stayed in the game and played well, best case scenario is it would have gone down to the wire and there was certainly no guarantee that they win.
And to be clear, NOWHERE am I stating that I think McCown is as good as Wentz

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear, NOWHERE am I stating that I think McCown is as good as Wentz
Hey man, I'm sold. You made a good case. Now if you want to do something even more impressive, try to convince some of the Seattle fans that believe the hit on Wentz was "clean".

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, I'm sold. You made a good case. Now if you want to do something even more impressive, try to convince some of the Seattle fans that believe the hit on Wentz was "clean".

I think the hit should have been flagged, but I don't see it as dirty. There was definitely helmet to helmet but he did get shoulder in first. I think the hit was unnecessary because Wentz was inches from being fully down. Now before I get the wrath of Hawks fans I know the defense needs to play through the whistle and there are times where if the defense pulls up the offensive player will gain a number of additional yards. Russell Wilson often takes advantage of this along the sideline. Week 17 a D player for Washington clearly avoided getting a penalty against Dallas and it allowed Gallup a big catch for a first down.

It's a fine line these guys have to toe. Sometimes they step over the line, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's dirty.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hit should have been flagged, but I don't see it as dirty. There was definitely helmet to helmet but he did get shoulder in first. I think the hit was unnecessary because Wentz was inches from being fully down. Now before I get the wrath of Hawks fans I know the defense needs to play through the whistle and there are times where if the defense pulls up the offensive player will gain a number of additional yards. Russell Wilson often takes advantage of this along the sideline. Week 17 a D player for Washington clearly avoided getting a penalty against Dallas and it allowed Gallup a big catch for a first down.

It's a fine line these guys have to toe. Sometimes they step over the line, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's dirty.
Yeah I don't agree 100% with everything but that seems like a reasonable assessment. And there definitely times when it is tough for defenders to avoid penalties.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt anyone said it was clean, but some have said it wasn't dirty. There's a lot of space in between.

He went after him hard, but I don't think he was trying to take him out of the game ala burfect or suh style either.

He should have been flagged, but that wouldn't have brought your QB back. Neither will a fine. I don't think he should have been ejected.

It was a hard hit at game speed. And as I've said, was entirely preventable. He has to learn when to take a dive to avoid hits. Hasn't learned it yet. That's where the blame lies IMO

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no issue with any of this but the point you made at Wentz making those tight window throws and the importance of that. On the last drive there was a hole big enough to run 12 QBs shoulder to shoulder through and there is a 100 percent chance Wentz turns that into a first down inside the 5 and 99 percent chance he scores. McCown is a snail and didn’t make the EASY score. Wentz would have. We lost cause McKnown couldn’t make those plays Wentz could... not to mention Wentz’s streak of 19 straight games with a passing TD. We were running on them. The D played great and destroyed their run game. We had an o that could only run and do dump off passes. Wentz would have been able to do more. Seattle’s QB is a superstar and made 2 passes that won the game for them. We got inside their 20 three times and netted 3 points. Wentz has been great at times and has struggled at times but since day one he has been the best QB in the NFL in the red zone. His running ability alone would have won that game alone. The reason why it’s not the end of the world that cheap shot ended our season is because we both know, no way, no how, even if god herself intervened would the 2019 Eagles win the SB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with any of this but the point you made at Wentz making those tight window throws and the importance of that. On the last drive there was a hole big enough to run 12 QBs shoulder to shoulder through and there is a 100 percent chance Wentz turns that into a first down inside the 5 and 99 percent chance he scores. McCown is a snail and didn’t make the EASY score. Wentz would have. We lost cause McKnown couldn’t make those plays Wentz could... not to mention Wentz’s streak of 19 straight games with a passing TD. We were running on them. The D played great and destroyed their run game. We had an o that could only run and do dump off passes. Wentz would have been able to do more. Seattle’s QB is a superstar and made 2 passes that won the game for them. We got inside their 20 three times and netted 3 points. Wentz has been great at times and has struggled at times but since day one he has been the best QB in the NFL in the red zone. His running ability alone would have won that game alone. The reason why it’s not the end of the world that cheap shot ended our season is because we both know, no way, no how, even if god herself intervened would the 2019 Eagles win the SB.
or you might have been shut out with Wentz, who knows...