• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with any of this but the point you made at Wentz making those tight window throws and the importance of that. On the last drive there was a hole big enough to run 12 QBs shoulder to shoulder through and there is a 100 percent chance Wentz turns that into a first down inside the 5 and 99 percent chance he scores. McCown is a snail and didn’t make the EASY score. Wentz would have. We lost cause McKnown couldn’t make those plays Wentz could... not to mention Wentz’s streak of 19 straight games with a passing TD. We were running on them. The D played great and destroyed their run game. We had an o that could only run and do dump off passes. Wentz would have been able to do more. Seattle’s QB is a superstar and made 2 passes that won the game for them. We got inside their 20 three times and netted 3 points. Wentz has been great at times and has struggled at times but since day one he has been the best QB in the NFL in the red zone. His running ability alone would have won that game alone. The reason why it’s not the end of the world that cheap shot ended our season is because we both know, no way, no how, even if god herself intervened would the 2019 Eagles win the SB.
Your assumptions are fallacious at best.

Every single play from the moment he went was completely different than what actually happened if Wentz stayed in. Every single play.

Everything is possible. From an eagle win, to a much much worse loss. And eagle win is not a higher percentage than a loss based on your assertion that Wentz is better than McCown so we would have won because McCown was kind of close. That's your bottom line and it's just not true.

Also possible it's Wentz stays in and continues to struggle like he already was. He could have throw a pick or two (already threw one in our first game this year).

And assuming just because the hawks couldn't run that Wentz catches up also says you haven't watched this team. Wilson has played at his best when they are behind and can't run much/ has to rely on the passing. We all wish they would play that way in the first half, but they do what they do.

Sure it was a one score game, but that doesn't mean at all that they couldn't have scored more if they had to. We've seen them do that over and over since Wilson joined.

Keep on fighting a losing battle.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or you might have been shut out with Wentz, who knows...

That’s true and he may have fumbled which he is known to do but he is our leader and had been playing great. We were completely in that game with a QB that I can’t even call a “has been” because he was never good in the past. There are no certainties in football but I’m pretty damn sure with how our RBs were running and how the D was pretty damn good, with Wentz we’d be playing a team that we beat earlier this year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your assumptions are fallacious at best.

Every single play from the moment he went was completely different than what actually happened if Wentz stayed in. Every single play.

Everything is possible. From an eagle win, to a much much worse loss. And eagle win is not a higher percentage than a loss based on your assertion that Wentz is better than McCown so we would have won because McCown was kind of close. That's your bottom line and it's just not true.

Also possible it's Wentz stays in and continues to struggle like he already was. He could have throw a pick or two (already threw one in our first game this year).

And assuming just because the hawks couldn't run that Wentz catches up also says you haven't watched this team. Wilson has played at his best when they are behind and can't run much/ has to rely on the passing. We all wish they would play that way in the first half, but they do what they do.

Sure it was a one score game, but that doesn't mean at all that they couldn't have scored more if they had to. We've seen them do that over and over since Wilson joined.

Keep on fighting a losing battle.

Im not fighting a losing battle. I said it wasn’t a guarantee the Eagles win but if the 96 Bulls lost a game 7 because Jordan was out and Paxon replaced him I’d feel the same way. Sure, maybe Wentz has 3 fumbles. Maybe he puts a game winning TD in someone’s hands and they drop it. But Seattle looked like a very mediocre team. Philly was mediocre all year and were out 4 pro bowlers just on Offense including the leader and best player on our team. If the tables were turned and an Eagle laid a cheap shot on Wilson and he got knocked out the 1st quarter I’d feel the same way for Seattle.
I fail to accept the thought that a QB throwing only 4 passes was struggling. The truth is Wilson made 2 great passes that won the game. We needed very little from our star QB to win that game.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or you might have been shut out with Wentz, who knows...

Yep but being he threw a TD in a league leading 19 straight games and the way are D played I highly doubt it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Pederson is not giving bottles sexual healing, he is lying

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt anyone said it was clean, but some have said it wasn't dirty. There's a lot of space in between.

He went after him hard, but I don't think he was trying to take him out of the game ala burfect or suh style either.

He should have been flagged, but that wouldn't have brought your QB back. Neither will a fine. I don't think he should have been ejected.

It was a hard hit at game speed. And as I've said, was entirely preventable. He has to learn when to take a dive to avoid hits. Hasn't learned it yet. That's where the blame lies IMO
Well I disagree with a lot of it but there are a lot of extreme takes on this and we're not as far apart as the Most extreme, so there's that.
I called it a cheap shot, I guess the same as dirty. I don't know if he was trying to take him out of the game so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Should have been flagged. Don't know about an ejection.
You're right, a fine after the fact doesn't bring the qb back. I agree in general he has to do a better job avoiding hits. I don't think that's relevant in this case. And I don't think the blame lies with him.

So there is some common ground.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I disagree with a lot of it but there are a lot of extreme takes on this and we're not as far apart as the Most extreme, so there's that.
I called it a cheap shot, I guess the same as dirty. I don't know if he was trying to take him out of the game so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Should have been flagged. Don't know about an ejection.
You're right, a fine after the fact doesn't bring the qb back. I agree in general he has to do a better job avoiding hits. I don't think that's relevant in this case. And I don't think the blame lies with him.

So there is some common ground.
Every single DE in the league it's dialed up to hit a QB. All of them. And they all ride that line of late hits that still make the QB know they are there. Some go beyond that. We haven't had Clowney long, but from what I've seen of his history, his time here, and what he said after the game, he just doesn't seem like one of those. This is why he gets the benefit of the doubt. He's known to be aggressive, but not known as a dirty player.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You related to Brees by chance? I ask because you seem like a poor loser and a excuse maker and Brees has a cousin with similar traits.

Im not a poor loser. I am 100% confident this years Eagles had ZERO shot of winning a SB so it’s not that big of a deal. Would have liked to win a playoff game though and it blows all the time you invest in supporting a team and seeing it instantly go down the shitter with one cheap shot. I already said it’s no big deal cause we weren’t going to make any real noise.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single DE in the league it's dialed up to hit a QB. All of them. And they all ride that line of late hits that still make the QB know they are there. Some go beyond that. We haven't had Clowney long, but from what I've seen of his history, his time here, and what he said after the game, he just doesn't seem like one of those. This is why he gets the benefit of the doubt. He's known to be aggressive, but not known as a dirty player.
Yeah, I gave him the benefit of the doubt too.
But setting Clowney aside, just in general, when you hear all these coaches, players and former players saying "no one wants to take another player out of the game" , I'm not sure I buy that. They are more politically correct when talking about it because of the way the NFL is now and after what happened to the Saints but I absolutely think there are still players that try to take an opposing player out of the game. Not all, but some.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a poor loser. I am 100% confident this years Eagles had ZERO shot of winning a SB so it’s not that big of a deal. Would have liked to win a playoff game though and it blows all the time you invest in supporting a team and seeing it instantly go down the shitter with one cheap shot. I already said it’s no big deal cause we weren’t going to make any real noise.

Bwhahaha.

LMFAO

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a poor loser because you been going on and on about a football play that resulted in a injury. Man up , say congrats and move on. Maybe next year bring better results.