• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz threw 19 touchdowns in the redzone this year. 4th best in the league. Your mom is a whore.
My mom died years ago thanks, and he still wasn't doing shit in this game. Nor did he do anything against the Seahawks the first time around. You know, before they could cry about injuries and all. He had a 75 rating and threw for 1 TD and 2 Ints in that first game. So in more than 4 quarters against this team, all at home, he was more or less hot garbage. IT WAS THE EXACT SAME SCORE even lolz.

Hawks beat the Eagles with Wentz in the full game by a score of 17-9. Come back for part 2 and beat them with Wentz only in a quarter 17-9.

Face it. It doesn't matter who's at QB. The Eagles are good for 9 points against the Seahawks at best.

Enjoy your off season. :wave:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does athleticism have to do with it? It's the tech. He went crown of the helmet first into him right into Wentz helmet. Dirty play.

So it’s physics? Wentz went down head first, leaving Clowney with what you folks would say is a dirty hit. His helmet was going to hit either his head, shoulder or ribs. Quit pretending Clowney launched for his head, he launched for a spot and Wentz diving head first and not knowing how to dive is what caused the injury.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s physics? Wentz went down head first, leaving Clowney with what you folks would say is a dirty hit. His helmet was going to hit either his head, shoulder or ribs. Quit pretending Clowney launched for his head, he launched for a spot and Wentz diving head first and not knowing how to dive is what caused the injury.
Probably should/could have been a penalty on Clowney, but it wasn't.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should/could have been a penalty on Clowney, but it wasn't.

Im not saying I’d be mad, or any Seahawks could’ve been mad had they flagged it. But quit pretending it was a dirty hit. With the dumbass way Wentz dove, if it were a dirty hit Clowney would’ve gone after his shoulder or drilled his ribs to put him out. If Wentz knew how to dive then he wouldn’t have dove where there was nothing that could brace his fall except his face mask. Dive both hands out, dive with one arm out, dive with your arm/arms semi extended. Wentz’s facemask was going to bounce off of the turf regardless of whether Clowney hit him “dirty” or jumped over him and his bouncing off of the turf is what caused the injury not the hit.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying I’d be mad, or any Seahawks could’ve been mad had they flagged it. But quit pretending it was a dirty hit. With the dumbass way Wentz dove, if it were a dirty hit Clowney would’ve gone after his shoulder or drilled his ribs to put him out. If Wentz knew how to dive then he wouldn’t have dove where there was nothing that could brace his fall except his face mask. Dive both hands out, dive with one arm out, dive with your arm/arms semi extended. Wentz’s facemask was going to bounce off of the turf regardless of whether Clowney hit him “dirty” or jumped over him and his bouncing off of the turf is what caused the injury not the hit.
Oh yeah I agree, IMO it was not a dirty hit. Any smart QB has to learn to slide properly.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you want to debate Wentz is a great QB or not, you gotta admit he seems to find himself in too many situations where injuries become a factor. He's never going to be able to lead you anywhere if he can't stay on the field. Good QBs learn ways to limit the damage they absorb.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it at the 3 - 4 second mark and you can see he is leading with his shoulder first in the middle of his back and his head hits after that is incidental
I watched it a couple more times. I'm done watching it. We disagree.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ is always a class act.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I've seen the same clip. I agreed with another Hawks poster I FELT (that's not fact) it seemed like intent, but again how do you prove something like that when the play is still going and contact at certain points are made? Also, there's a reason QBs should slide... I'm waiting for the moment when it's a 'travesty' or 'dirty hit' once Lamar Jackson takes the shot with a GIANT investigation by the NFL since he's the new 'icon'.

I can say WHENEVER I see a QB dive headfirst (and to a degree other positional players) I ALWAYS see defenders diving down like this. And guess what? They do it all the time with RBs/WRs and nobody says a damn thing.

The same shit happens in every other sport. MLB players have been known to slide/knock into baseman to what everyone believes is to cause injury, or throwing at batters, etc. NBA commits SUPER hard fouls or intentionally knocks into players to cause injury, etc.

This was not as BLATANT to me because I see it happen routinely week in and week out, and as I previously stated Wilson/Lockett were victims of this exact same crap when the 49ers did it... but here we are... national spotlight in a game that matters, let's make a huge deal of it.
I totally agree, but it's the way he angles his body. I don't think you can say he went for Wentz's head, but I do think that it appears that he lead with his own head on purpose in that clip. I am guessing he may even be fined because of it

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you want to debate Wentz is a great QB or not, you gotta admit he seems to find himself in too many situations where injuries become a factor. He's never going to be able to lead you anywhere if he can't stay on the field. Good QBs learn ways to limit the damage they absorb.
He takes some risks so he could miss more time than most qbs but he made it through the regular season so I wouldn't say never.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Wentz gets hurt or not has little affect on that game IMO. When McCown came in it appeared to me that he played exactly like Wentz has been playing. They moved the ball when the RBs made plays and he was looking for the TEs and didn't miss any throws that Wentz would normally make. Maybe Wentz gets a couple more yards on those scrambles but McCown did pretty good on those too. If he was wearing #11 no one would even have noticed. I thought Peters looked horrible and Clowney bitch slapped him around all day and that is more what cost Philly. I wonder if Johnson and Brooks were playing if Philly could have been more "right oriented" and also given Peters some help. Philly's DL dominated again. As long as they have the dominant running game and dumpoffs to RBs that have been unstoppable the past month or so and that DL they will be in the mix. Cox is just a beast.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree, but it's the way he angles his body. I don't think you can say he went for Wentz's head, but I do think that it appears that he lead with his own head on purpose in that clip. I am guessing he may even be fined because of it

Every tackle is a potential injury waiting to happen. Clowney was trying to tackle Wentz. He was probably also trying to jar the ball loose as all defensive players try to do. In doing so he was trying to get as much reach on his tackle he could. Keeping your head up will restrict your distance.

Think about it. Let's say you are standing and you see something on the ground you need to catch immediately. Do you dive at it with your head up or your head down?

It's possible that Clowney may get fined for the play. NFL fines tend to be results driven. But I was in a bar full of Eagle fans and no one really made a comment about that tackle until after it turned out that it knocked Wentz out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every tackle is a potential injury waiting to happen. Clowney was trying to tackle Wentz. He was probably also trying to jar the ball loose as all defensive players try to do. In doing so he was trying to get as much reach on his tackle he could. Keeping your head up will restrict your distance.

Think about it. Let's say you are standing and you see something on the ground you need to catch immediately. Do you dive at it with your head up or your head down?

It's possible that Clowney may get fined for the play. NFL fines tend to be results driven. But I was in a bar full of Eagle fans and no one really made a comment about that tackle until after it turned out that it knocked Wentz out.
your head up so you can see. How are you going to catch something with your head down?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown played great, don't think it mattered Wentz got hurt. Neither of the Eagles QB's measure up to Wilson. Eagles scored 9 points against Seahawks 6 weeks ago with Wentz, scored 9 points without him.