• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the one generally if not always saying that certain hits should result in a personal foul or 15 yard penalty. I rarely pull out the word 'DIRTY' or 'HE INTENTIONALLY IS LOOKING TO INJURE!" That's where you and I disagree.

Let me give you another example. Guy drives down the road at 100 MPH... he can't swerve out of the way in time and hits another car T-BONE and kills the driver. He's absolutely guilty and faces penalties, but was it intentional or 'dirty'?

I think it would be more like... you’re driving down the road at 100 miles per hour and you see a person in the road and swerve over 2 lanes to intentionally hit him.

By the way. That first long throw by Wilson when they showed it on the review in slow motion was jaw dropping. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a tighter spiral ever. Kid is fun to watch.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell gohusk that. He's convinced it's the dirtiest hit possible.

We've been saying, if you don't want to take those hits SLIDE ffs. As much as Wilson does that and gives up extra yards, he's grown smart enough over the years to avoid those kinds of unnecessary shots that can take you away from your team.

Young QB has a lot to learn. Those extra 2-3 yards weren't worth missing the rest of the game and hurting your team over.

It's entirely preventable.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from an Iggles fan. But after watching that hit several times, there was an intent to ring Wentz's bell. That was clear targeting.

Really sucks cause I think we win that game with Wentz.
Wait, and we all ready beat GB and the Vikings game would have been in Philly. Shit, we got robbed of a SB appearance :lol:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be more like... you’re driving down the road at 100 miles per hour and you see a person in the road and swerve over 2 lanes to intentionally hit him.

By the way. That first long throw by Wilson when they showed it on the review in slow motion was jaw dropping. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a tighter spiral ever. Kid is fun to watch.
It’s nothing like that at all, Clowney didn’t come from 2 lanes over he was already diving for Wentz before Went down

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a reason most seasoned veteran QB's slide. The rules are different and you run far less risk of costing your team by being injured on a hit you don't have to take. Every QB learns that at some point. Wilson was less likely to slide in his first 2-3 years and now rarely takes contact unless it's an important first down at stake. Your young QB cost your team by making a bad judgement call.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell gohusk that. He's convinced it's the dirtiest hit possible.

We've been saying, if you don't want to take those hits SLIDE ffs. As much as Wilson does that and gives up extra yards, he's grown smart enough over the years to avoid those kinds of unnecessary shots that can take you away from your team.

Young QB has a lot to learn. Those extra 2-3 yards weren't worth missing the rest of the game and hurting your team over.

It's entirely preventable.
Is there a different angle somewhere, because I can watch this over and over and I'm seeing the same thing. Helmet to helmet contact when it was completely unnecessary. A cheap shot. I"m not some hater or anything. Clowney is one of my favorite guys on defense to watch because he makes some big plays. But look at the play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason most seasoned veteran QB's slide. The rules are different and you run far less risk of costing your team by being injured on a hit you don't have to take. Every QB learns that at some point. Wilson was less likely to slide in his first 2-3 years and now rarely takes contact unless it's an important first down at stake. Your young QB cost your team by making a bad judgement call.
And his injury at the goal line was reckless too. You can't go head first and then complain when you get hurt. You can't have it both ways

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a different angle somewhere, because I can watch this over and over and I'm seeing the same thing. Helmet to helmet contact when it was completely unnecessary. A cheap shot. I"m not some hater or anything. Clowney is one of my favorite guys on defense to watch because he makes some big plays. But look at the play.

Hmmm...Thanks for posting that. That does change my opinion a little...I like to give guys the benefit of the doubt and I was doing so with Clowney, but it does look like he turned his head right into him there on purpose. I don't think you can say he went at his head on purpose but it's hard to think he didn't try to lead with his head there on purpose :scratch:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said it wasn't a good hit. The point is even the ref that posted about it said if you don't slide and turn yourself into a RB, you run that risk. It's a voluntary hit that's avoidable. Maybe you don't agree and that's entirely ok. Helmet contacts on those types of plays with RB's happen a lot. There were a few vicious hits in this game outside of that and I recall another one where there was helmet contact.

They could have called a penalty on that and yet it wouldn't have brought him back.

Slide. It will extend your career. It's pretty straight forward IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...Thanks for posting that. That does change my opinion a little...I like to give guys the benefit of the doubt and I was doing so with Clowney, but it does look like he turned his head right into him there on purpose. I don't think you can say he went at his head on purpose but it's hard to think he didn't try to lead with his head there on purpose :scratch:

Yah I've seen the same clip. I agreed with another Hawks poster I FELT (that's not fact) it seemed like intent, but again how do you prove something like that when the play is still going and contact at certain points are made? Also, there's a reason QBs should slide... I'm waiting for the moment when it's a 'travesty' or 'dirty hit' once Lamar Jackson takes the shot with a GIANT investigation by the NFL since he's the new 'icon'.

I can say WHENEVER I see a QB dive headfirst (and to a degree other positional players) I ALWAYS see defenders diving down like this. And guess what? They do it all the time with RBs/WRs and nobody says a damn thing.

The same shit happens in every other sport. MLB players have been known to slide/knock into baseman to what everyone believes is to cause injury, or throwing at batters, etc. NBA commits SUPER hard fouls or intentionally knocks into players to cause injury, etc.

This was not as BLATANT to me because I see it happen routinely week in and week out, and as I previously stated Wilson/Lockett were victims of this exact same crap when the 49ers did it... but here we are... national spotlight in a game that matters, let's make a huge deal of it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bitch if Wilson gets taken out with a play like that then. You can think what you want but I'm pretty sure that an unbiased opinion about the hit will come back with dirty. He fucking speared him. He could have kept his head up, just like everybody else does. He didn't. There was no accident.
Wilson most likely wouldn't go head first into a slide. The QB has to be smarter than that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it wasn't a good hit. The point is even the ref that posted about it said if you don't slide and turn yourself into a RB, you run that risk. It's a voluntary hit that's avoidable. Maybe you don't agree and that's entirely ok. Helmet contacts on those types of plays with RB's happen a lot. There were a few vicious hits in this game outside of that and I recall another one where there was helmet contact.

They could have called a penalty on that and yet it wouldn't have brought him back.

Slide. It will extend your career. It's pretty straight forward IMO.
So you're saying he had it coming to him????????????????????????????

just kidding.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s nothing like that at all, Clowney didn’t come from 2 lanes over he was already diving for Wentz before Went down
He started his dive as Wentz was already about a foot from landing on the ground. Don’t act like Wentz was on his feet when Clowney started to dive at him.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sucks cause I think we win that game with Wentz.
Wait, and we all ready beat GB and the Vikings game would have been in Philly. Shit, we got robbed of a SB appearance :lol:
Oh fuck, "it's crying time again".

Oh, it's cryin' time again, you're gonna leave me
I can see that far away look in your eyes
I can tell by the way you hold me darlin'
That it won't be long before it's cryin' time
Now they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder
And that tears are only rain to make love grow
But my love for you could never grow no stronger
If I lived to be a hundred years old
Oh it's cryin' time again, you're gonna leave me
I can see that far away look in your eyes
I can tell by the way you hold me darlin'
That it won't be long before it's cryin' time
Now you say you've found someone that you love better
That's the way it's happened every time before.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn’t he led with his shoulder and their momentum led to the helmet hit

This is exactly why the refs said it was not called as Wentz was also determined to be a runner and not a QB sliding to be down

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started his dive as Wentz was already about a foot from landing on the ground. Don’t act like Wentz was on his feet when Clowney started to dive at him.
Interesting