• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens would disagree
The part where those rushing yards were on a couple of scramble runs kind of addressed that.

Wilson doesn't run on designed plays anymore. Really hasn't in several years. He runs on broken plays when it's open.

Their rushing game was so pathetic that the 2 RB's managed less than 20y combined. That's astoundingly bad for a team that wants to run as much as Seattle still does.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I agree... that said, the Eagles have a top 10 rush defense and the Packers (like Seattle) have a bottom 10 defense and bottom 10 rushing defense (YPC).

I don't think Seattle gets any healthier next week (was hoping Brown would only be out 3 games, but that's season ending)... but Seattle may be able to keep it close. I wouldn't call it a lock for GB by any means.
The main reason I don't like our chances is we haven't had the type of pass rush you MUST have to deal with Rodgers. Without that he's going to pick you apart and feast off those free plays he gets over and over since we simply cannot keep from biting on his attempts to draw them offside.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your comment #733 dumb fuck and tell me you were not making excuses.

Hey dumbfuck. If you could follow along we were comparing who was injured more. I never used it as an excuse.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I don't like our chances is we haven't had the type of pass rush you MUST have to deal with Rodgers. Without that he's going to pick you apart and feast off those free plays he gets over and over since we simply cannot keep from biting on his attempts to draw them offside.

I mean probably... that said, I think Wilson and our offense might be able to keep up with him. It's a long shot but... yah.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumbfuck. If you could follow along we were comparing who was injured more. I never used it as an excuse.
Okay, if you never made excuses for the Eagles, then I will apology to you.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. do you just go through life with everything in slow mo, while having psychic abilities... and just know what everyone is thinking?

Are you like the lawyer that says, "Well your honor... you see... the defendant here crashed into the Client because one was driving a Porsche and the other driving a BMW. It's obvious to me... the defendant, was CLEARLY looking to assault and potentially murder my witness at this time." and expect a response: "I agree, this is attempted murder by the defendant."

There's a HUGE difference what happened tonight vs. that Bennett bullshit a couple years back.

Don't bitch if Wilson gets taken out with a play like that then. You can think what you want but I'm pretty sure that an unbiased opinion about the hit will come back with dirty. He fucking speared him. He could have kept his head up, just like everybody else does. He didn't. There was no accident.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is with this argument? "Split second" thing? What, he was intending to lower his head straight into the ground but Wentz got in his way?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier things have happened... If Minny beats SF and Hawks beat GB, Hawks will host the NFC CSHIP!

I know... Wishful thinking...
Could easily happen. No NFC teams were really any good this year and would be worthy of a feeling of shock if they lose

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bitch if Wilson gets taken out with a play like that then. You can think what you want but I'm pretty sure that an unbiased opinion about the hit will come back with dirty. He fucking speared him. He could have kept his head up, just like everybody else does. He didn't. There was no accident.

I am the one generally if not always saying that certain hits should result in a personal foul or 15 yard penalty. I rarely pull out the word 'DIRTY' or 'HE INTENTIONALLY IS LOOKING TO INJURE!" That's where you and I disagree.

Let me give you another example. Guy drives down the road at 100 MPH... he can't swerve out of the way in time and hits another car T-BONE and kills the driver. He's absolutely guilty and faces penalties, but was it intentional or 'dirty'?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the one generally if not always saying that certain hits should result in a personal foul or 15 yard penalty. I rarely pull out the word 'DIRTY' or 'HE INTENTIONALLY IS LOOKING TO INJURE, TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME!" That's where you and I disagree.

Lowering your head into a guy is dirty. Everybody knows that at this point. There's no reason for it beyond trying to inflict maximum pain. That has no place in the game anymore given the size and athleticism of all the guys out there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowering your head into a guy is dirty. Everybody knows that at this point. There's no reason for it beyond trying to inflict maximum pain. That has no place in the game anymore given the size and athleticism of all the guys out there.

Got it. So all those runningbacks, wide receivers, and defenders that lower their heads EVERY game are dirty. By my count, I'd say at least half the NFL is dirty at this point.

What should we do with these folks? Ban them from the NFL? How do we stop targeting in a game? Cause immediate forfeit because we think a player did something intentionally and fans boo'd? You'd make a terrible lawyer.

"Sir, he hit my Client's car and claimed it was too quick for him to react."
"Yes?"
"Well he killed him sir."
"Right, it was manslaughter."
"Well no, he hit my Client's car because he was intentionally trying to kill him."
*while jury is laughing the Judge*: "Prove it."

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy was a runner... He wasn't going down voluntarily... It was not dirty... The contact was incidental, which is why they never threw a flag...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wee One, otherwise known as Russell Wilson, is a fucking heartbreaker.

I was openly rooting for Seattle, I admit it.

DK Metcalf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> N'Keal Harry.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a dirty hit as well, but not because he landed on Wentz. All DL try & do that when the QB doesnt slide.
I think it was, because in the replay you can see what he intended with his helmet (IMO) I believe he definitely was wanting to lead with his helmet as a weapon.

In soccer they call them professional fouls.

It happens.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from an Iggles fan. But after watching that hit several times, there was an intent to ring Wentz's bell. That was clear targeting.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both ex refs on NFL Network said it wasn't a penalty... They said the refs did a great job of not calling that helmet to helmet...