• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, ok. 17-9 with him, 17-9 without. 8 quarters at home vs Seattle and only 1 garbage time TD in the final minute of a game that was already decided. Just not good enough, bottom line.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, ok. 17-9 with him, 17-9 without. 8 quarters at home vs Seattle and only 1 garbage time TD in the final minute of a game that was already decided. Just not good enough, bottom line.

And Wentz was really lighting it up before he got hurt too. I mean in his only two drives he was destroying Seattle's defense with his 1 for 4 completions, one sack, and 3 whole yards passing. I think it could be argued that the Seahawks did Philly a favor by knocking Wentz out. McCown actually had a decent game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wentz was really lighting it up before he got hurt too. I mean in his only two drives he was destroying Seattle's defense with his 1 for 4 completions, one sack, and 3 whole yards passing. I think it could be argued that the Seahawks did Philly a favor by knocking Wentz out. McCown actually had a decent game.
Don't even have to look it up -- McCown's numbers vs Hawks this year are way better than Wentz's. Pretty ironic how Wentz finally gets a chance to be healthy and play in the post-season and doesn't even see the 2nd quarter. Meanwhile, little Russell Wilson hasn't missed a start in 8 years and counting.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing at lambeau field is no cake walk. Rodgers is always a thorn for this defense and with the injuries? No question he will go to his TE slots and pick the weaknesses WAY better than anything the pathetic Eagles could draw up.

Wilson played in Wisconsin in college and is descended from royalty. He's got this.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had the largest margin of victory in the 4 playoff games this weekend. The only team to allow less than 10 points and it was on the road.

:suds:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even have to look it up -- McCown's numbers vs Hawks this year are way better than Wentz's. Pretty ironic how Wentz finally gets a chance to be healthy and play in the post-season and doesn't even see the 2nd quarter. Meanwhile, little Russell Wilson hasn't missed a start in 8 years and counting.
Wilson is tough as nails.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all trust Wilson. That D right now though.... :L
Really I don't think the Hawks defense is all that bad. Yes they bend, but they are good when need be.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I don't think the Hawks defense is all that bad. Yes they bend, but they are good when need be.
They've been at least adequate and sometimes even good when Clowney & Diggs have both been on the field. Most of our problems have come when that wasn't the case. I think the team may have been cautious with them at certain times during the year to maximize their chance to win the war even if it cost a battle here and there. Nothing to save them for now, so I suspect they'll be out there almost no matter what at this point. Clowney most likely will need "sports hernia" surgery after the season.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your chasing someone down from behind and diving at them to make a tackle, how are you supposed to not "lead with your helmet"?

I guess this is the alternative.....?

tenor.gif

That should earn points during a game!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Goes to show how badly the Hawks baited the Eagles on that game clincher. Not only was Metcalf wide open, Lockett would of got the 1st down yds easily as well and was reportedly the #1 option.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Goes to show how badly the Hawks baited the Eagles on that game clincher. Not only was Metcalf wide open, Lockett would of got the 1st down yds easily as well and was reportedly the #1 option.

Yeah, they pretty much had to play to maximize the chance they stuffed the run and force a punt. Philly knows a 1st down there and the game is over since they only had 1 TOL, so they have to bring that 8th man up to the line and go 1on1 with the 3 receivers and just hope that Seattle plays it safe and hands it off (like most teams do).

I think where the Eagles screwed up was on those 2 failed 4th down attempts when they could have kicked FGs. Get your 6 points, and give yourself a chance to win at the end with a FG instead of having to score a TD a 2-pt just to tie.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom died years ago thanks, and he still wasn't doing shit in this game. Nor did he do anything against the Seahawks the first time around. You know, before they could cry about injuries and all. He had a 75 rating and threw for 1 TD and 2 Ints in that first game. So in more than 4 quarters against this team, all at home, he was more or less hot garbage. IT WAS THE EXACT SAME SCORE even lolz.

Hawks beat the Eagles with Wentz in the full game by a score of 17-9. Come back for part 2 and beat them with Wentz only in a quarter 17-9.

Face it. It doesn't matter who's at QB. The Eagles are good for 9 points against the Seahawks at best.

Enjoy your off season. :wave:
Whether Wentz gets hurt or not has little affect on that game IMO. When McCown came in it appeared to me that he played exactly like Wentz has been playing. They moved the ball when the RBs made plays and he was looking for the TEs and didn't miss any throws that Wentz would normally make. Maybe Wentz gets a couple more yards on those scrambles but McCown did pretty good on those too. If he was wearing #11 no one would even have noticed. I thought Peters looked horrible and Clowney bitch slapped him around all day and that is more what cost Philly. I wonder if Johnson and Brooks were playing if Philly could have been more "right oriented" and also given Peters some help. Philly's DL dominated again. As long as they have the dominant running game and dumpoffs to RBs that have been unstoppable the past month or so and that DL they will be in the mix. Cox is just a beast.

post 1... what a dick. We lose a QB from a cheap shot and you’re bragging and you would have lost if Wentz played. 7 of 11 starters our on Offense out and you’re bragging you beat a 40+ year old QB barely. Literally 4 players that have been all pros out and you act like that was some epic beat down.

post 2... Jarntt come on. A 40 year old McKnown V’s Wentz wouldn’t have been much of a difference. God bro. Dallas is in the playoffs and Dak get cheap shorted and knocked out the game and I say the same thing as you and the entire Cowboy fan base would shred me. Jeez dude.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they pretty much had to play to maximize the chance they stuffed the run and force a punt. Philly knows a 1st down there and the game is over since they only had 1 TOL, so they have to bring that 8th man up to the line and go 1on1 with the 3 receivers and just hope that Seattle plays it safe and hands it off (like most teams do).

I think where the Eagles screwed up was on those 2 failed 4th down attempts when they could have kicked FGs. Get your 6 points, and give yourself a chance to win at the end with a FG instead of having to score a TD a 2-pt just to tie.

So if they did attempt the first FG you’re kicking a FG down 5 with less then 2 minutes left? Maybe the first one but not even close on the 2nd

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post 1... what a dick. We lose a QB from a cheap shot and you’re bragging and you would have lost if Wentz played. 7 of 11 starters our on Offense out and you’re bragging you beat a 40+ year old QB barely. Literally 4 players that have been all pros out and you act like that was some epic beat down.

post 2... Jarntt come on. A 40 year old McKnown V’s Wentz wouldn’t have been much of a difference. God bro. Dallas is in the playoffs and Dak get cheap shorted and knocked out the game and I say the same thing as you and the entire Cowboy fan base would shred me. Jeez dude.
It wouldn't be the same if Dak got hurt. If Dak gets hurt Dallas wins about 3 games this year. If Dak gets hurt mid-game they may not get a first down with Cooper Rush playing. Stop being such a blind Wentz cork-soaker for once. Just for once! What was different once McCown came in? I know Wentz only had two possessions and I'm not saying he would have sucked all game, but the Offense was pretty much the same after he went down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they did attempt the first FG you’re kicking a FG down 5 with less then 2 minutes left? Maybe the first one but not even close on the 2nd
I 100% kick the first FG and thought that was a really poor decision by Pederson. The 2nd one...no, you made your bed at that point and you were close enough that if you did get a first you likely score. I liked that call. Not enough time left to think kicking the FG and getting a stop and another TD is the % play IMO

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck yourself you pile of shit.

You have the balls to call me out when I was responding to a sub human waste of space that was taking shit about my dead mom being a whore and r*pe.

Your trash fans go after people's family, but I'm the dick for suggesting to that idiot that Wentz didn't help them win the first time?

How about calling out your own fans for doing far worse before having outrage over people responding back to that filth. You'd have more credibility.

Unfucking believable how shitty Eagles fans are collectively.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there is one defense that Russell Wilson absolutely LOVES facing it is Cover 0. He eats it up for breakfast.