• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they pretty much had to play to maximize the chance they stuffed the run and force a punt. Philly knows a 1st down there and the game is over since they only had 1 TOL, so they have to bring that 8th man up to the line and go 1on1 with the 3 receivers and just hope that Seattle plays it safe and hands it off (like most teams do).

I think where the Eagles screwed up was on those 2 failed 4th down attempts when they could have kicked FGs. Get your 6 points, and give yourself a chance to win at the end with a FG instead of having to score a TD a 2-pt just to tie.

IMO, this is where a coach has to look at the situation. The Seahawks biggest run of the day, by a running back, was about 3 yards. The chances that they would break it out this one time were extremely small. Cover 0 was a bad call.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post 1... what a dick. We lose a QB from a cheap shot and you’re bragging and you would have lost if Wentz played. 7 of 11 starters our on Offense out and you’re bragging you beat a 40+ year old QB barely. Literally 4 players that have been all pros out and you act like that was some epic beat down.

Someone sounds a little butthurt.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference between McCown and Carson is the red zone. Carson has been money inside the 20 for pretty much his entire career and has been legit this season. McCown could move the ball between the 20’s because just about any QB in this league can. But when it came time to cash in, it was evident there was zero faith in him making a throw and the Seahawks had no fear to it.

Not saying Eagles woulda won if Carson doesn’t take a shot to the head, but there was a noticeable difference near the goal line.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are in the best situation because they are the only team in the NFC East with a competent general manager.
not in my opinion, results are mixed at best.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference between McCown and Carson is the red zone. Carson has been money inside the 20 for pretty much his entire career and has been legit this season. McCown could move the ball between the 20’s because just about any QB in this league can. But when it came time to cash in, it was evident there was zero faith in him making a throw and the Seahawks had no fear to it.

Not saying Eagles woulda won if Carson doesn’t take a shot to the head, but there was a noticeable difference near the goal line.

Of course having Wentz playing would have helped the Eagles. And maybe they would have scored more than 9 points. But the Seahawks also would have played differently. The Seahawks were torching the Eagles secondary.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not in my opinion, results are mixed at best.

Compared to what? The Redskins just fired their GM. The Giants SHOULD have fired their GM. And the Cowboys should have fired Jerry the GM 15 years ago.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, Wentz only scored 9 in their earlier game and that was with more of their supporting players. He wasn't 'money' against that D in the red zone then and wasn't off to a good start in this one.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they did attempt the first FG you’re kicking a FG down 5 with less then 2 minutes left? Maybe the first one but not even close on the 2nd

Your team is out so deal with it

No sense rehashing the what ifs

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Wentz only scored 9 in their earlier game and that was with more of their supporting players. He wasn't 'money' against that D in the red zone then and wasn't off to a good start in this one.

Sure, but Carson was also in a rough stretch during that period, and hadn’t connected with the young guys yet.

Again, I’m not saying the Eagles win, but to say it would be the same as what McCown was doing is also disengenous.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but Carson was also in a rough stretch during that period, and hadn’t connected with the young guys yet.

Again, I’m not saying the Eagles win, but to say it would be the same as what McCown was doing is also disengenous.
It's pointless to discuss is really the point. The hit did happen and so did the injury. It was a bad hit that was avoidable and should not have happened. And the game went how it did. I wanted Wentz to come back. In no way did we want to see him hurt or out for the remainder.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they did attempt the first FG you’re kicking a FG down 5 with less then 2 minutes left? Maybe the first one but not even close on the 2nd

Well what if the Hawks first FG was kicked a little higher and not blocked. Then my what if cancels out your what if and nothing has changed

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, of all the people who had the best look at that play it was Jadaveon Clowney with the best view. He was looking right in the earhole of Wentz's helmet from about 2 inches away as they went to the ground. And Clowney says it wasn't a dirty play. So I guess that settles that. Not even Wentz had as good of a look at that hit as Clowney. Clean hit. Clowney said so.

AND.........

He also said Philly fans are trash. lol.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post 1... what a dick. We lose a QB from a cheap shot and you’re bragging and you would have lost if Wentz played. 7 of 11 starters our on Offense out and you’re bragging you beat a 40+ year old QB barely. Literally 4 players that have been all pros out and you act like that was some epic beat down.

post 2... Jarntt come on. A 40 year old McKnown V’s Wentz wouldn’t have been much of a difference. God bro. Dallas is in the playoffs and Dak get cheap shorted and knocked out the game and I say the same thing as you and the entire Cowboy fan base would shred me. Jeez dude.

So @WizardHawk mother gets called a whore, and you see him as the dick.

Then you wonder why people call you out?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading endless pages of posts about the hit on Wentz make my head hurt as much as taking a helmet to helmet hit while stupidly diving to the ground. I now feel your pain Carson!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure they will hand out a fine just to make it look like they give a shit about player safety

and appease the eagles fans who are making death threats.