• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Bye Week Week 5

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 80% our thoughts are negative - lets' focus the other 20% of our brain's compacity on the positives.. It's too easy to always point out a flaw so let's point out the good things we've seen from the team...

1. OL Play: Against the Giants, the entire second half this is the OL we had starting... The OL was made up of Brown and Anthony Bradford at guard, Stone Forsythe and Jake Curhan at tackle, and Oluwatimi at center. Only 1 original starter in there (Brown) who was playing out of position with not only 4 backups but 2 rookies as well... Yet, our OL only allowed 2 sacks on Monday night along with 123 yards rushing... That's pretty dang impressive... They also did a good job in the Panther/Lion game as well w/out their (2) starting tackles and a guard... So props to the OL... Great coaching and judgement of personnel...
  2. OFFENSIVE COACHING: I love the game plans we've had from the coaching staff so far... They have stayed committed to running the ball... When RW was here in his last few years, we wen't away from that... We kind of got a way from it a bit last year as well... Props to Shane Waldron as well to scheme a plan to help our OL... This is why we've seen a lot of quick passes and runs due to our OL being thin... It's helped get rid of the ball quicker... Probably a reason we've been seeing a lot of short passes to JSN... The goal is get him 1x1 in the flat with one defender to beat... He had a good chance last week to do so but fell short.. That would've been a 20 yard gain or so... I still believe he'll get going here... We'll probably see it more in Week 6 with our OL in tact and healthy...
  3. ROOKIES: Our rookie play has been very good again... Crazy thing is, we've played 7 of our 10 rookies so far and McIntosh is set to return so that will make it 8 of our 10 rookies... Hall and Charb have been playing well with the time they're getting... Bradford, i've liked the potential he's shown... JSN - i'm not even concerned about so I'm not going to dwell on him at this time... Witherspoon is obviously our new shiny toy who is just making the best each snap he gets... Playing every snap, at a different position none-the-less... He's proving to be every bit of his #5 overall pick status... He's making most of us feel better about this pick since many of us wanted to go QB or J. Carter with that pick... Can't complain at all with the way our rookies have performed in my opinion... With last years draft and this years, our depth and future looks bright... Props to management/coaching for putting us in this position...
  4. Special Teams: We don't talk about this enough but Michael Dickson is quietly putting up great numbers... He's pinning opponents deep while leading the NFL in average per punt at 53.5 and #1 in Net yardage as well at 51.8 ypp...
We're 3-1 w/out being very healthy on offense and at DB, yet, we're getting it done... 2 solid road wins back East against the Lions (which that win looks better and better each day) and NYG... Tough game against Cinci on the road to begin week 6, which is ample time to get our starters rested up and healthy to return, including Geno and J. Adams...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 80% our thoughts are negative - lets' focus the other 20% of our brain's compacity on the positives.. It's too easy to always point out a flaw so let's point out the good things we've seen from the team...

1. OL Play: Against the Giants, the entire second half this is the OL we had starting... The OL was made up of Brown and Anthony Bradford at guard, Stone Forsythe and Jake Curhan at tackle, and Oluwatimi at center. Only 1 original starter in there (Brown) who was playing out of position with not only 4 backups but 2 rookies as well... Yet, our OL only allowed 2 sacks on Monday night along with 123 yards rushing... That's pretty dang impressive... They also did a good job in the Panther/Lion game as well w/out their (2) starting tackles and a guard... So props to the OL... Great coaching and judgement of personnel...
  2. OFFENSIVE COACHING: I love the game plans we've had from the coaching staff so far... They have stayed committed to running the ball... When RW was here in his last few years, we wen't away from that... We kind of got a way from it a bit last year as well... Props to Shane Waldron as well to scheme a plan to help our OL... This is why we've seen a lot of quick passes and runs due to our OL being thin... It's helped get rid of the ball quicker... Probably a reason we've been seeing a lot of short passes to JSN... The goal is get him 1x1 in the flat with one defender to beat... He had a good chance last week to do so but fell short.. That would've been a 20 yard gain or so... I still believe he'll get going here... We'll probably see it more in Week 6 with our OL in tact and healthy...
  3. ROOKIES: Our rookie play has been very good again... Crazy thing is, we've played 7 of our 10 rookies so far and McIntosh is set to return so that will make it 8 of our 10 rookies... Hall and Charb have been playing well with the time they're getting... Bradford, i've liked the potential he's shown... JSN - i'm not even concerned about so I'm not going to dwell on him at this time... Witherspoon is obviously our new shiny toy who is just making the best each snap he gets... Playing every snap, at a different position none-the-less... He's proving to be every bit of his #5 overall pick status... He's making most of us feel better about this pick since many of us wanted to go QB or J. Carter with that pick... Can't complain at all with the way our rookies have performed in my opinion... With last years draft and this years, our depth and future looks bright... Props to management/coaching for putting us in this position...
  4. Special Teams: We don't talk about this enough but Michael Dickson is quietly putting up great numbers... He's pinning opponents deep while leading the NFL in average per punt at 53.5 and #1 in Net yardage as well at 51.8 ypp...
We're 3-1 w/out being very healthy on offense and at DB, yet, we're getting it done... 2 solid road wins back East against the Lions (which that win looks better and better each day) and NYG... Tough game against Cinci on the road to begin week 6, which is ample time to get our starters rested up and healthy to return, including Geno and J. Adams...

You get your positivity the fuck out of here, Anointed!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Special Teams: We don't talk about this enough but Michael Dickson is quietly putting up great numbers... He's pinning opponents deep while leading the NFL in average per punt at 53.5 and #1 in Net yardage as well at 51.8 ypp...

Dickson currently has the longest yards per punt in NFL history(53.5).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickson currently has the longest yards per punt in NFL history(53.5).

Easy to forget since the defense was so dominant on MNF, but Dickson had one hell of a game. I haven't seen him mentioned a lot, but he had several boomer punts and some beauties with a 'trickle' landing that allowed us to pin them deep.

Dickson is leading the NFL in average and 2nd in return yards (which says something about the cover team, but the person putting the ball in the air is a big factor as well, hang time/location, etc. all matters).

Dickson is having an All Pro #1 year and one of the best seasons in his career.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to forget since the defense was so dominant on MNF, but Dickson had one hell of a game. I haven't seen him mentioned a lot, but he had several boomer punts and some beauties with a 'trickle' landing that allowed us to pin them deep.

Dickson is leading the NFL in average and 2nd in return yards (which says something about the cover team, but the person putting the ball in the air is a big factor as well, hang time/location, etc. all matters).

Dickson is having an All Pro #1 year and one of the best seasons in his career.

We were watching the pre game at the stadium and I was pointing out how far Dickson has been kicking it. My buddy, a Giants fan, scoffed at me for caring about the kicker. He then proceeded to constantly put the Giants deep in their own territory.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news for the Seahawks offensive line and their performance last week versus the Giants who Pete Carroll said might be the best Dline the face all year.

*"Despite more injuries leading to more O-line shuffling, the Seahawks allowed only two sacks and three QB hits in their win over the Giants. Rookie Olu Oluwatimi played 38 snaps at C after Evan Brown moved to LG. Both won all of their pass-blocking opportunities, according to ESPN charting. Oluwatimi went 14-0, Brown 22-0. Rookie Anthony Bradford played 50 snaps at RG and went 18-1. As Pete Carroll noted, the Giants may have the best interior D-line Seattle will face all season."*

Those are solid numbers, I knew they did well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news for the Seahawks offensive line and their performance last week versus the Giants who Pete Carroll said might be the best Dline the face all year.

*"Despite more injuries leading to more O-line shuffling, the Seahawks allowed only two sacks and three QB hits in their win over the Giants. Rookie Olu Oluwatimi played 38 snaps at C after Evan Brown moved to LG. Both won all of their pass-blocking opportunities, according to ESPN charting. Oluwatimi went 14-0, Brown 22-0. Rookie Anthony Bradford played 50 snaps at RG and went 18-1. As Pete Carroll noted, the Giants may have the best interior D-line Seattle will face all season."*

Those are solid numbers, I knew they did well.
I really like Oluwatimi a lot and Bradford looks like he will be a nasty beast on the inside for years to come. When we get Cross and Lucas healthy, the future of this very young Oline looks fantastic. However, I think Pete might be exaggerating on the Giants D line. The Eagles will probably be the biggest test. A lot of other good Ds to face this season too. San Fran twice, Donald again, Eagles, Cowboys, KC, Browns, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers all have good pass rushers. Hell, even the Cardinals are a scrappy bunch. We need to get the O-line healthy and playing well if we have any shot of beating most of those teams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Oluwatimi a lot and Bradford looks like he will be a nasty beast on the inside for years to come. When we get Cross and Lucas healthy, the future of this very young Oline looks fantastic. However, I think Pete might be exaggerating on the Giants D line. The Eagles will probably be the biggest test. A lot of other good Ds to face this season too. San Fran twice, Donald again, Eagles, Cowboys, KC, Browns, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers all have good pass rushers. Hell, even the Cardinals are a scrappy bunch. We need to get the O-line healthy and playing well if we have any shot of beating most of those teams.

INTERIOR line wise, I'd put the Giants right up there with the Eagles. Lawrence is a top tier DT and Williams isn't far behind. I think I'd put the Giants/9ers/Eagles all on the same page with interior DL.

Problem with the Niners though, is Bosa.... Really hope we have a healthy Charles Cross for that game. Also, the Eagles IMO have a better DT rotation. Davis/Cox/Carter is a pretty nasty combo, and I know everyone doesn't want to hear it, but Carter is putting up an amazing season so far and 100% looks the part.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roger Goodell says NFL may add new international game in 2024​

LONDON -- The NFL could stage a game in yet another international location "as early as next year," commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday.
Goodell spoke at a fan forum in London, which is hosting three games this season before the international slate switches to Germany for two games in November.
The NFL recently confirmed that cities in Spain and Brazil are under review as potential hosts.
"We actually have three or four markets that are here this weekend and next weekend that are interested in hosting a game," Goodell said.
The NFL declined to comment beyond Goodell's answers at the fan event.
The league has made an aggressive push internationally by adding a 17th game to the schedule to facilitate games abroad and give teams marketing rights in various countries.

NFL officials have made site visits to Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo in Brazil and Madrid in Spain where they were "building relationships, looking at the stadia there, looking at the operations partners, the infrastructure," Peter O'Reilly, the NFL's executive vice president for club business, and international and league events, said in a recent media call.
Twenty-one teams are participating in the NFL's global markets program in 2023 across 14 countries. The league has expressed interest in bringing games to several of those markets and hasn't ruled out putting a franchise overseas in the future.
Under the global markets program, the Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins have commercial rights in Spain. The Dolphins are the only team with rights in Brazil.

Under the expanded schedule, NFC teams get nine home games in 2024, which at least opens the door for the possibility of the Bears playing in Spain.
The first regular-season game in Germany last year was considered a success. Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Seattle Seahawks 21-16 in Munich.
The German city of Frankfurt hosts two games this season, the first being the Kansas City Chiefs against the Dolphins on Nov. 5.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roger Goodell says NFL may add new international game in 2024​

LONDON -- The NFL could stage a game in yet another international location "as early as next year," commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday.
Goodell spoke at a fan forum in London, which is hosting three games this season before the international slate switches to Germany for two games in November.
The NFL recently confirmed that cities in Spain and Brazil are under review as potential hosts.
"We actually have three or four markets that are here this weekend and next weekend that are interested in hosting a game," Goodell said.
The NFL declined to comment beyond Goodell's answers at the fan event.
The league has made an aggressive push internationally by adding a 17th game to the schedule to facilitate games abroad and give teams marketing rights in various countries.

NFL officials have made site visits to Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo in Brazil and Madrid in Spain where they were "building relationships, looking at the stadia there, looking at the operations partners, the infrastructure," Peter O'Reilly, the NFL's executive vice president for club business, and international and league events, said in a recent media call.
Twenty-one teams are participating in the NFL's global markets program in 2023 across 14 countries. The league has expressed interest in bringing games to several of those markets and hasn't ruled out putting a franchise overseas in the future.
Under the global markets program, the Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins have commercial rights in Spain. The Dolphins are the only team with rights in Brazil.

Under the expanded schedule, NFC teams get nine home games in 2024, which at least opens the door for the possibility of the Bears playing in Spain.
The first regular-season game in Germany last year was considered a success. Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Seattle Seahawks 21-16 in Munich.
The German city of Frankfurt hosts two games this season, the first being the Kansas City Chiefs against the Dolphins on Nov. 5.

IF they do....

I know where atleast 2 Sports Bar is in Vancouver.

I, and it's a chain in Canada, is ironically called the Sharks Club

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we found out that we only one beer. For 6 men.

So I bought another 12 pack for beer through Skip the dishes.

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russell Wilson Humbling tour just continues… 1-4 …. Maybe the grass wasn’t so much greener Russ ?

Gonna get a little worse. Chiefs x2, Packers and Bills in the next 4 games. Yikes... that 3rd round pick is looking better and better! Great news for us. I really don't care about Russ or the Broncos anymore, but since them losing has an impact on our draft next year, I care. An early 3rd round pick is generally a starter. A late 3rd pick, might be a backup or situational guy. The difference of an early 3rd round pick vs. late is pretty drastic.

There is also rumors that Denver is entertaining trades of guys like Jeudy/Sutton/Bolles/etc. And I'm sure all those guys would love to bail from that dumpster fire, especially with a smug asshole of a head coach who just throws everyone under the bus with exception of himself.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna get a little worse. Chiefs x2, Packers and Bills in the next 4 games. Yikes... that 3rd round pick is looking better and better! Great news for us. I really don't care about Russ or the Broncos anymore, but since them losing has an impact on our draft next year, I care. An early 3rd round pick is generally a starter. A late 3rd pick, might be a backup or situational guy. The difference of an early 3rd round pick vs. late is pretty drastic.

There is also rumors that Denver is entertaining trades of guys like Jeudy/Sutton/Bolles/etc. And I'm sure all those guys would love to bail from that dumpster fire, especially with a smug asshole of a head coach who just throws everyone under the bus with exception of himself.
Yeah that 3rd we got from them could end up being a nice high 3rd the way it’s looking … That Russ trade is looking like a train robbery more and more …

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 3rd rounder can be used for us to move up in the draft if needed... :D

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could easily end up with a worse record than last year and that's really saying something. That defense is on pace to obliterate the 2013 Saints record for yds allowed. They gave up 400+ to both the Bears and Jets.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could easily end up with a worse record than last year and that's really saying something. That defense is on pace to obliterate the 2013 Saints record for yds allowed. They gave up 400+ to both the Bears and Jets.
And RW was able to basically pad his stats in the 3rd and 4th quarter of those games... Bears admitted that they shouldn't have changed their defensive when they were up 28-3... They went in prevent mode and stopped being aggressive...