• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Broncos

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely a long ways away but just saying it would be nice to see that game again and hopefully we could give you a little bit better of a game if we were both fortunate enough to make it back to that game. Like you said though have to make it to week 1 and hopefully both of our teams can make it their pretty much intact. Haven't heard how Matthews is yet? Any updates from anybody?

I hear ya .... I haven't heard anything yet on Mathews... crossing fingers...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are this:

Lockette is one Bad Mamma Jamma with that Speed
Clark looks like a Beast. Saw that 1 Move and gone passed a LT. Impressive
Rawls. I feel sorry for him. I can see why we got him in this game. Just sucks he won't be able to show it more because of Lynch and Turbin
Archer impressed me a bit. Work on his Accuracy and touch and maybe we got a serviceable backup if Russ goes down

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on Mathews... Looks like he's out for a couple weeks... Not as serious as it looked

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprisingly the OL looked pretty bad. I think we all know that it is going to be the weakest point of our team during the season no matter how well they develop. We just don't have enough talent there. I suspect they will improve from how they did last night but it will always be a weak point.

Tyler Lockett looked like the real deal. Great acceleration and lateral movement without loss of speed.

Frank Clark looked like he is going to be an immediate impact player.

Tye Smith had a couple of nice plays and looked pretty solid on coverage for a rookie.

If Christine Michael can learn to hold onto the football I think he could be a quality player. Nice pickup on a block proceeded by a needless fumble.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't thrilled with how the Seahawks D performed. Then I saw that Denver scored just as much on Seattle's second string D as the Red Sox did against the Mariners. Not feeling as bad now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette look like another D. Hester? I know a few are optimistic about the OL but I have had a concern with the OL heading into the season... Preseason 1 didn't help me gain any faith... Granted, as the saying goes, "it's just preseason"... I hope they improve as we move along... They looked scary... If I remember correctly, they looked scary in preseason last year too...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette look like another D. Hester? I know a few are optimistic about the OL but I have had a concern with the OL heading into the season... Preseason 1 didn't help me gain any faith... Granted, as the saying goes, "it's just preseason"... I hope they improve as we move along... They looked scary... If I remember correctly, they looked scary in preseason last year too...

Game video will help the young guy's tremendously.... Expect things to get cleaner soon... I expected some sloppy play in pre-season game 1 ...

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! Welcome aboard, Sal!!

Yeah, good to see you for another year JMR, and I believe AO and flyerhawk are around. Look forward to meet and chat with everyone else also. As always, pre season and we're all optimistic, but at least in Seahawks fans case, we do have reason too. Frank Clark looked like the real deal last night, whereas, the low balling of the OL also looked evident last night.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good to see you for another year JMR, and I believe AO and flyerhawk are around. Look forward to meet and chat with everyone else also. As always, pre season and we're all optimistic, but at least in Seahawks fans case, we do have reason too. Frank Clark looked like the real deal last night, whereas, the low balling of the OL also looked evident last night.

Welcome, Sal... Nice to see ya... Cheers to another great season... :suds:

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen AO! Can't wait to see the Seahawk Juggernaut get rolling this year. Know it may take some time, but if we stay relatively healthy and get rollin around week 12, we'll be right there at the end, especially if the NFC Playoffs come through Seattle, though I fear no team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome aboard good sir

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette look like another D. Hester?
The skill set looks a lot more like Golden Tate to me. I really doubt Lockett can do the things in the air that Tate can do, but he probably has a touch more top end speed. And I certainly hope Lockett is a more polished receiver than Hester. Seemed Chicago forced that role on him when it got to the point he was getting paid way more than someone should who just returns kicks.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game I was impressed with Clark, but after reading this, I'm even more impressed with what the kid did.

Seahawks rookie defensive lineman Frank Clark was all over the place in more ways than one Friday night.

Clark made a team-high nine tackles, including one for a loss, during the Seahawks' preseason opener while playing 51 of 70 defensive snaps. It wasn't just the number of plays that Clark made but where he made them from – all over the defensive line – that stood out.

He was lined up at right defensive end on his first snap, when he beat Denver's left tackle to make a fumble-forcing stop in the backfield. Again lined up at end later in the game, he pushed a guard 3 yards into the backfield to blow up another running play. Clark also played both tackle spots. On one play, he was lined up on the left side then chased down a ballcarrier to make a tackle on a screen pass that went to the other side of the field.

"We're moving him around to see," coach Pete Carroll said afterward. "We're trying to gain some information about where he's most effective. He had a good edge rush and (chased) the football, too. He forced a fumble tonight. He looked really good, so we'll just figure it out and see where he's best suited. It will take us all the way through the preseason to do that."

The Seahawks drafted Cassius Marsh in 2014 with the thought that he would play both inside and outside, similar to what Michael Bennett does for Seattle. Marsh is now strictly an end and it would appear that Clark is a strong candidate to fill that versatile role.

Here are a few other things that stood out on defense while re-watching the Seahawks' preseason opener:

Busy night for Marsh. Clark, Marsh and rookie cornerback Tye Smith were the only three Seahawks to play 50 defensive snaps or more. Marsh had quietly put together a strong start to training camp and followed that up with a nice performance in the preseason opener with three tackles, a quarterback hit and a pressure that led to a throw-away. "Cassius has had a great camp. He's been active in practice, he's been doing stuff the whole time," Carroll said. "So for him to play that way, it looks like he's prepared to do that. That's really good stuff for us to see."

Under-the-radar DT. T.Y. McGill is a defensive tackle who's trying to make the Seahawks' roster as an undrafted rookie. Plays like the one he made near the goal line in the second quarter will help. On third-and-1, McGill shot through the line of scrimmage then tracked down the running back from behind to make a tackle for no gain, forcing a field-goal attempt. He finished with four tackles and a quarterback hit. It's a good sign when the head coach mentions your name without being asked. "T.Y. McGill made some plays tonight," Carroll said, unprompted.

Bailey is aggressive. Second-year strong safety Dion Bailey was an undersized linebacker in college. You could tell based on how aggressively he played against the run Friday, which was his first game of any kind in the NFL. He made a pair of tackles in the span of three plays in the first half, both times shooting in from the secondary and throwing his body at the ballcarrier with no hesitation. DeShawn Shead started the game. Bailey replaced him and made five tackles, second most on the team.