• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Broncos

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by Archer avoiding the pressure.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than doubled the offensive output on this drive!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls looking nice in his chances.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so Denver knew it was a bootleg as much as I did. Sometimes Bevel falls in love with plays in certain situations.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see what i was saying about Rawls like a week ago, he hit's the hole pretty hard and he pops people when there is contact but not much after that. If you watch his College tape you see the same thing. So far though i would take him Over Michael's every day of the week. Wasn't there a poster on here that changed his avatar to Michael's and just drooled over the guy? where did he go?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the game changes drastically with Graham (all plays)/Lynch in. Broncos are playing all their starters. *yawn* whatever.

Haven't read the whole thread but Broncos sat quite a few starters...Just off the top of my head on offense they sat Manning, D. Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Owen Daniels and on defense they sat Chris Harris, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, and DeMarcus Ware. So 8 of their 22 starters sat out this game.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice play by Clark, that was a fast 270lber splitting the OL.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That penalty was costly... You just can't do that... ruined a good finish .... How about Clark though ? I see why Pete liked him...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read the whole thread but Broncos sat quite a few starters...Just off the top of my head on offense they sat Manning, D. Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Owen Daniels and on defense they sat Chris Harris, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, and DeMarcus Ware. So 8 of their 22 starters sat out this game.

I don't think it is anything with starters, but just different styles. With Denver's base defense, they bring more pressure, so they had more pressure than Seattle's new line was ready to handle. I just think that Denver's D was a bad matchup for the offensive line, as they get more accustomed to the blocking schemes they should handle the blitz a little better (there were times when it was evident that players just didn't know what their assignments were).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is anything with starters, but just different styles. With Denver's base defense, they bring more pressure, so they had more pressure than Seattle's new line was ready to handle. I just think that Denver's D was a bad matchup for the offensive line, as they get more accustomed to the blocking schemes they should handle the blitz a little better (there were times when it was evident that players just didn't know what their assignments were).

I'll have to go back and watch but I don't think we brought the blitz but a couple of plays. It was more the Broncos were just winning the individual match ups with only 4 guys coming. Essentially that has been the talk of Broncos camp so far has been the pass rushers and how they have dominated so I don't think the Broncos even need to blitz especially in a preseason game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to go back and watch but I don't think we brought the blitz but a couple of plays. It was more the Broncos were just winning the individual match ups with only 4 guys coming. Essentially that has been the talk of Broncos camp so far has been the pass rushers and how they have dominated so I don't think the Broncos even need to blitz especially in a preseason game.

Hey just wanted you attention. for FF football do you think Owen Daniels will have a monster year? since thomas left to jacksonville and daniels is a pretty good pass catcher do you think he will have a good year catching with peyton?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with Denver won the individual matchups. Our line looked horrible, and were definitely not ready for the aggression of the Denver DL. On at least two occasions I saw a DT go through the line because nobody picked them up. HOW DO YOU NOT PICK UP THE DT!!!! The line will have to improve the next three weeks, cause our offense won't move anywhere if they don't.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our O-line is not ready for the regular season yet... FOR SURE... But hey it's just pre-season game 1 so I don't even look into it that much ... I just like watching the young guy's fight for roster spots... My concern right now is Mathews and how his shoulder is... I have high hopes for him... Good luck to your Broncos this season man ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just wanted you attention. for FF football do you think Owen Daniels will have a monster year? since thomas left to jacksonville and daniels is a pretty good pass catcher do you think he will have a good year catching with peyton?

Daniels in my opinion will surprise some people this year. In Training Camp when the pressure was coming Manning seems to go to Daniels almost every single time. He is the safety blanket. The problem for Daniels will be the talent around him will take points away. If we didn't have 2 legit WR's and another guy in Cody Latimer that has been impressive in camp and will probably get a lot of red zone action plus throw in the commitment to the run game then I would say Daniels could have a top-5 FF season at TE. Because of those guys though his numbers will drop some. I'm still planning on taking a late round flyer on him maybe as my back up TE kind of thing as I do think he will have some nice games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line is not ready for the regular season yet... FOR SURE... But hey it's just pre-season game 1 so I don't even look into it that much ... I just like watching the young guy's fight for roster spots... My concern right now is Mathews and how his shoulder is... I have high hopes for him... Good luck to your Broncos this season man ...

Understandable...Injuries are the one thing about preseason that every big hit I just wince in hoping the guy gets up. Matthews is definitely a guy that showed something on the biggest stage so definitely hoping he is ok.

As for your O-Line I wouldn't worry too much right now. Like I said the Broncos pass rush looks to be big this year and so going up against them for the first game with quite a few new pieces on that line it is understandable they struggled. Plus not having Lynch in there to worry about makes it a little easier for the defense to pin their ears back. Broncos are going through pretty much the same thing with 4 new starters this year with 3 of them never having played in a single regular season game. They definitely had an up and down game today against you guys. I'm hoping though the mistakes lead to learning opportunities and the guys are a little more ready for week 1. Anyway good luck to you guys as well and hopefully see you in the Super Bowl again with maybe a different result this time or at least a game worth watching. I could live with it as long as we made it a game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent that Seattle didn't have on the field, Sherman, Kam, Earl, Were only a few of the starters on defense that did not play and Baldwin, Kearse, Marshawn on offense was a few of the starters that didn't play. Safe to say that pretty much each one of those players ( mainly Sherman, Kam, Earl, and Lynch ) are game changers. No doubts with them on the field things look totally different.

Also The Bronco's are a good team but they are no match for the Seahawks in the regular season and not even close in post season :)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable...Injuries are the one thing about preseason that every big hit I just wince in hoping the guy gets up. Matthews is definitely a guy that showed something on the biggest stage so definitely hoping he is ok.

As for your O-Line I wouldn't worry too much right now. Like I said the Broncos pass rush looks to be big this year and so going up against them for the first game with quite a few new pieces on that line it is understandable they struggled. Plus not having Lynch in there to worry about makes it a little easier for the defense to pin their ears back. Broncos are going through pretty much the same thing with 4 new starters this year with 3 of them never having played in a single regular season game. They definitely had an up and down game today against you guys. I'm hoping though the mistakes lead to learning opportunities and the guys are a little more ready for week 1. Anyway good luck to you guys as well and hopefully see you in the Super Bowl again with maybe a different result this time or at least a game worth watching. I could live with it as long as we made it a game.

Fair assessment ... Our D is gonna be stout again I have no doubt.. But that O-line will be a work in progress... Hopefully we find some continuity there as the pre-season roll's on .. I think the final pre-season game is a very important one, you want to be playing good ball by then... And yeah I think you guys were 3rd overall in D last year so it was a big challenge for our O-line... As far as meeting in the title game again, MAN I'll just take a win on the road in week 1 vs the Rams... LOL ... I can't even look that far ahead....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Even by preseason football standards this is bad, cept for lockette and ya like FG's, fumbles and bad plays. Though Ol' Pete takin a tumble was funny.

BTW JMR, I see you posted here lately, isn't this the place the KFFL'ers landed?
Yes! Welcome aboard, Sal!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair assessment ... Our D is gonna be stout again I have no doubt.. But that O-line will be a work in progress... Hopefully we find some continuity there as the pre-season roll's on .. I think the final pre-season game is a very important one, you want to be playing good ball by then... And yeah I think you guys were 3rd overall in D last year so it was a big challenge for our O-line... As far as meeting in the title game again, MAN I'll just take a win on the road in week 1 vs the Rams... LOL ... I can't even look that far ahead....

It is definitely a long ways away but just saying it would be nice to see that game again and hopefully we could give you a little bit better of a game if we were both fortunate enough to make it back to that game. Like you said though have to make it to week 1 and hopefully both of our teams can make it their pretty much intact. Haven't heard how Matthews is yet? Any updates from anybody?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pre-season game 1 isnt really for evaluating units.....but sure, the OL looked really bad in the early going. Individuals stood out more to me -- Lockett & Clark in particular. Marsh a bit as well.

Hopefully T-Jax and 13 arent hurt too bad....other than that, good to see the team on the field, and one week closer to a real game!