• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs 49ers

Who you have winning Seahawks at 49ers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a must win for the Niners, not so much for the Hawks cause they get us back in there place 2 weeks later, more pressure on the Niners to come out with the win @ home.

The pressure is on both teams. Seattle played like a team in a win or go home game yesterday, and they frankly need to keep that up the rest of the way. ('ers struggled against a weak Washington team, but there is zero chance they won't be getting up for this game and it's on a short week with no travel for them.

I'm sure we all expect a 17-13 or 10-9 kind of game. Both defenses are going to be the story of the game.

Both teams really need to come out with no new injures as much, or more, as a win. They play again two weeks later and have the stretch run. These physical rivalry games can cost you more than a loss if you aren't careful.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt pretty good about the Cards game today, but I don't like their chances on Thursday. Short week and having to travel with Beast Mode banged up is not exactly ideal.

Right there with you. Don't really like Seattle's chances either @ SC this week or @ zona down the stretch. Not with this offense and those defenses at home. They have to win one or the other and the rest of their games to ensure a playoff spot, but that's a hell of a tall order.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried that this is the game were not having Bowman and Willis really hurts us, Borland and Lynch are no where near the athletes that those two guys are and usually one of them is spying Wilson. If Seattle gets the ground game going its gonna be tough sledding.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried that this is the game were not having Bowman and Willis really hurts us, Borland and Lynch are no where near the athletes that those two guys are and usually one of them is spying Wilson. If Seattle gets the ground game going its gonna be tough sledding.

Wilson has been on another planet with his legs this year. 644 yards on the ground so far and averaging 7.7 yards a carry. If you don't think you can keep him in the pocket good luck. You're going to need it.

I'm curious though why some of your fans don't seem to believe this is a must win game. I mean technically on paper it might not knock them out to lose it, it's at home. With a road game coming back to Seattle in two weeks and ending the year with Arizona the pucker factor after a loss here would be huge. It has to be viewed as more of a must win for the 9'ers than the Seahawks simply because of that. Seattle has a tougher schedule, but not winning big home games down the stretch is a momentum killer. If the 9'ers lose that game I'd give them less than a 20% chance to make the playoffs because of it.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been on another planet with his legs this year. 644 yards on the ground so far and averaging 7.7 yards a carry. If you don't think you can keep him in the pocket good luck. You're going to need it.

I'm curious though why some of your fans don't seem to believe this is a must win game. I mean technically on paper it might not knock them out to lose it, it's at home. With a road game coming back to Seattle in two weeks and ending the year with Arizona the pucker factor after a loss here would be huge. It has to be viewed as more of a must win for the 9'ers than the Seahawks simply because of that. Seattle has a tougher schedule, but not winning big home games down the stretch is a momentum killer. If the 9'ers lose that game I'd give them less than a 20% chance to make the playoffs because of it.

Bc the Niners imo have played better on the road this year. 11-5 is almost assured the playoffs, but obviously there would be 0 room for error. I wouldn't put it past either team to lose then still get into the playoffs by winning out. Both are very talented teams and it's only one game at a time anyways.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc the Niners imo have played better on the road this year. 11-5 is almost assured the playoffs, but obviously there would be 0 room for error. I wouldn't put it past either team to lose then still get into the playoffs by winning out. Both are very talented teams and it's only one game at a time anyways.

Then holding serve at home is a must IMO which means there is slightly more pressure on the 9'ers this week than the Seahawks. Both should be feeling the pressure as it is. You can't give away cheap games this time of year no matter what your record is. Both need this win badly to keep that momentum rolling toward the post season.

Should be a good game either way.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is most definitely a must win, just like the past 3 games were pretty much, the room for error at this point is about zero.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is most definitely a must win, just like the past 3 games were pretty much, the room for error at this point is about zero.

No doubt, they are pretty much all must wins from here on out, considering that teams like GB, DET, DAL and PHI all have pretty easy schedules in comparision to the 49ers and Hawks and both our teams kicked at least one game they should have won ealier in the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt pretty good about the Cards game today, but I don't like their chances on Thursday. Short week and having to travel with Beast Mode banged up is not exactly ideal.

Right there with you. Don't really like Seattle's chances either @ SC this week or @ zona down the stretch. Not with this offense and those defenses at home. They have to win one or the other and the rest of their games to ensure a playoff spot, but that's a hell of a tall order.

If you look at the 49er board, you'll see they aren't feeling to confident either. I'm a optimist, I feel this is a game that will bring out the best in the Seahawks, besides they are due for a victory over the 49ers on their field.

At this point I just look at the next opponent, and ask myself, can the Seahawks win this game? Yes, yes they can. Should be a great game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you that the games here on out are must wins, but i still think there is a little room for error even with a loss. I'm not sold on AZ even with a really good defense, Philly is not a solid lock with the situation at QB and there defensive secondary has serious flaws, and Det might be going into a tail spin cause Stafford looks lost at times. Yes a loss hurts but its not the "nail in the coffin" type loss.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the 49er board, you'll see they aren't feeling to confident either. I'm a optimist, I feel this is a game that will bring out the best in the Seahawks, besides they are due for a victory over the 49ers on their field.

At this point I just look at the next opponent, and ask myself, can the Seahawks win this game? Yes, yes they can. Should be a great game.

Didn't say they can't win this week. I'd put their chances at maybe 40% :noidea:. That's still a reasonable punchers chance, just not something I would put a big bet on. That game will come down to who makes the biggest mistake in the 4th quarter like it typically does.

The two big concerns are their run defense (which let's face it, wasn't challenged this week) and their offensive line. You have to win in the trenches to win most games and I'm not convinced we will on either side of the ball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now that is domination on the offensive line. Romo had more than 7 seconds to throw on two plays in that TD drive. I wish my Niners could do that. I know you guys wish your O-line could give Wilson that kind of protection.

That was ridiculous... Romo didn't even have to leave his spot, and he had all day on that last drive...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty damn confident here. This matchup always comes down to who runs the ball better and doesnt commit turnovers, i will be really dissapointed if the Hawks cant pull this off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the niners will give us all they have. But that really doesn't seem like all that much.

The niners last four opponents have a combined winning record of 14-30. The toughest team they played is sitting at 4-7. The niners lost one of those games, won another in OT, and won the other two by a single possession. Maybe I should be more worried about this game but I'm very confident we go down to Santa Clara and punch them in the collective mouth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty damn confident here. This matchup always comes down to who runs the ball better and doesnt commit turnovers, i will be really dissapointed if the Hawks cant pull this off.

I think this is very accurate. I trust Wilson not to turn it over more than I trust Kaepernick not to. Also, having seen Gore struggle last week, and Lynch be Lynch, I think the run advantage probably goes to Seattle. The wildcards here are Bobby Wagner and Aldon Smith. Both players have the potential to upset the matchup and dominate if they fully return to form after their recent returns.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Also, I remember seeing a stat a week or two ago about the Niners being in the bottom three in the league in points per Red Zone possession with only about four points per Red Zone trip.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our o-line can play an average game, I think the Hawks have a great shot at winning this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added a poll for this thread.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 day's of rest thing I DON"T LIKE THOUGH.... I hate the fact were playing a division rival on only 3 day's rest ... That's not enough time to heal after a hard fought battle.. I realize the 49s are also only on 3 day's rest but at least they don't have to travel... That makes a difference ...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 day's of rest thing I DON"T LIKE THOUGH.... I hate the fact were playing a division rival on only 3 day's rest ... That's not enough time to heal after a hard fought battle.. I realize the 49s are also only on 3 day's rest but at least they don't have to travel... That makes a difference ...
All valid points Stu, but nah, we aint worried about the rest. We lose a half day at the VMAC while the boys study on the plane.
These 2 teams know each other. Both teams will be sore. Our team is in a better place mentally/physically than the 9ers.
We will win this game.