• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10: Seahawks @ Green Bay Thread:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gotta be done soon before too much he gets much worse. The finger had nothing to do with his decisions today. Just doesn't see field anymore. Time to get draft picks for him and shit can Schneider....

We have had our differences from time to Time but can I ask a Question?

Let's Say We get 2 firsts for Russell and Use one on a QB. What QB from the Draft Class would make You happy?

Honestly. I'm a small school guy so i'd be thrilled with Willis or Ridder

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pick a qb this year. Honestly i haven't paid any attention to college or the draft but i would use the picks to build the OL/DL and roll the dice with geno for a year and draft a qb the following year

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pick a qb this year. Honestly i haven't paid any attention to college or the draft but i would use the picks to build the OL/DL and roll the dice with geno for a year and draft a qb the following year

sad story is there is really no QB this season that even looks like a competent NFL back up in the college level. My opinion though. Some of these guys that will be drafted in the first round at QB really don't deserve it. Again My opinion.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else getting tired of DK's attitude and his dumb antics on the field? I mean I love the talent and speed and size he brings but he can be a real hothead sometimes. And sometimes it's costs us a big penalty. Plus, I think when the other team gets in his head and starts pissing him off he tends to want to get into an altercation rather than stay focused and show them up on the field. I'm getting pretty tired of his chippy, chirpy, aggressive style after plays are over. I wouldn't even be shocked to see the league give him a good size fine or even a game suspension for what he did yesterday.

Oh, and the binky mouth guard was cute and clever when he was a rookie, now it just looks silly. Plus, with him throwing tantrums and whining the binky is starting to look like he needs it more than it being just a clever joke.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a loss but still disappointing to watch how it happened. Here's what I came away with:
  • Should Russell have been out there? It's easy to say no with the result, but it was a 3 point game into the 4th qtr -- closer than I thought it would be at that point. Clearly he sailed a few passes, which can reasonably be attributed to the finger not being 100%, but do we really think things would have been much different with Geno Smith? Geno played well vs Jax, but it was Jax. The 2 starts prior to that were painful. My only reservation about having RW out there yesterday is if it delays him getting back to 100%, and I don't know the answer to that.
  • Was it just me, or was the officiating incredibly one-sided? It wasn't the refs that beat us yesterday, but I just thought GB got every single call that was remotely questionable, starting with the ridiculous spot on Russell's scramble on our 1st possession. Then there was the "tie" recovery on AR's fumble that Darrell Taylor clearly had. And the no-call on the blindside block that helped GB get points -- the ex-ref's explanation of what it wasn't called was also wrong. It is prohibited for a blocker to initiate forcible contact with his head, shoulder or forearm when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line. It has nothing to do with where the defenseless player is hit, unlike the more common implementation when a (defenseless) receiver/player gets hit in the head/neck. Also about 2 or 3 times it looked like a GB o-lineman came back off the ball early, none called. Plenty more that I can't recall right now. We didn't lose from the calls, but it was a joke.
  • The offense is broken. We weren't consistently good even with Russell at full strength outside of the first 1.5 games, so it's not about yesterday. I am not sure what it is, but we are impotent.....and it makes no sense when you have RW, Tyler Lockett, and DK Metcalf (I would include Chris Carson, but....). It's unlikely Shane Waldron's fault, but I can see PC (if he's still here) scapegoating him after the season. And maybe Waldron isn't ready to be an OC yet, but there's no way we should have such a hard time generating offense with this amount of talent. This is not a joke, but we would be better off with Bevell. We had top 5-10 offenses every year with him, and it's been a steady decline since.
  • Gerald Everett could end up being a really solid weapon. His boneheaded not getting OB play aside, he catches it well and is good with it after. Not a burner even for a TE, but he's probably got a little more speed than Dissly. I hope we keep him around long term.
  • Our defense held up very well yesterday. They gave a little bit there at he end, but through 3+ quarters, Aaron Rodgers had no TDs and only 3 points on the board in his own stadium. That's 4 straight weeks now that I think they've more than held their own, and this time it was against a top quality opponent. That's a great sign going forward.
I think this season is already too far gone to save, but where do we go from here in 2022? It's difficult to picture both PC and RW here beyond the next 8 games. Personally, I think Pete's time is up. It seems like he's aging right in front of my eyes. It's been a great run, but all good things come to an end. Russell is the rarer commodity of the 2, and he's still in the middle of his prime years. You could tear this thing down to the studs and rebuild it around him, and he would still have prime years left. If Waldron is the next big thing, we need some fresh ideas at the top to let him show it. Until we do that, this is what we have.

Crazy the state of Seattle area sports right now....UW football is in total disarray, UW basketball is completely insignificant, the Hawks are in for their 1st losing record in 10 years, and there's buzz about the Kraken but they're not good. I can't believe I am saying it, but at least we have the Mariners to look forward to!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy the state of Seattle area sports right now....UW football is in total disarray, UW basketball is completely insignificant, the Hawks are in for their 1st losing record in 10 years, and there's buzz about the Kraken but they're not good. I can't believe I am saying it, but at least we have the Mariners to look forward to!
That would be tough... At least we have Gonzaga basketball on these side of the mountains to look forward to... Also, WSU Cougs just need one more win to be bowl eligible... Could come down to the Apple Cup...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a loss but still disappointing to watch how it happened. Here's what I came away with:
  • Should Russell have been out there? It's easy to say no with the result, but it was a 3 point game into the 4th qtr -- closer than I thought it would be at that point. Clearly he sailed a few passes, which can reasonably be attributed to the finger not being 100%, but do we really think things would have been much different with Geno Smith? Geno played well vs Jax, but it was Jax. The 2 starts prior to that were painful. My only reservation about having RW out there yesterday is if it delays him getting back to 100%, and I don't know the answer to that.
  • Was it just me, or was the officiating incredibly one-sided? It wasn't the refs that beat us yesterday, but I just thought GB got every single call that was remotely questionable, starting with the ridiculous spot on Russell's scramble on our 1st possession. Then there was the "tie" recovery on AR's fumble that Darrell Taylor clearly had. And the no-call on the blindside block that helped GB get points -- the ex-ref's explanation of what it wasn't called was also wrong. It is prohibited for a blocker to initiate forcible contact with his head, shoulder or forearm when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line. It has nothing to do with where the defenseless player is hit, unlike the more common implementation when a (defenseless) receiver/player gets hit in the head/neck. Also about 2 or 3 times it looked like a GB o-lineman came back off the ball early, none called. Plenty more that I can't recall right now. We didn't lose from the calls, but it was a joke.
  • The offense is broken. We weren't consistently good even with Russell at full strength outside of the first 1.5 games, so it's not about yesterday. I am not sure what it is, but we are impotent.....and it makes no sense when you have RW, Tyler Lockett, and DK Metcalf (I would include Chris Carson, but....). It's unlikely Shane Waldron's fault, but I can see PC (if he's still here) scapegoating him after the season. And maybe Waldron isn't ready to be an OC yet, but there's no way we should have such a hard time generating offense with this amount of talent. This is not a joke, but we would be better off with Bevell. We had top 5-10 offenses every year with him, and it's been a steady decline since.
  • Gerald Everett could end up being a really solid weapon. His boneheaded not getting OB play aside, he catches it well and is good with it after. Not a burner even for a TE, but he's probably got a little more speed than Dissly. I hope we keep him around long term.
  • Our defense held up very well yesterday. They gave a little bit there at he end, but through 3+ quarters, Aaron Rodgers had no TDs and only 3 points on the board in his own stadium. That's 4 straight weeks now that I think they've more than held their own, and this time it was against a top quality opponent. That's a great sign going forward.
I think this season is already too far gone to save, but where do we go from here in 2022? It's difficult to picture both PC and RW here beyond the next 8 games. Personally, I think Pete's time is up. It seems like he's aging right in front of my eyes. It's been a great run, but all good things come to an end. Russell is the rarer commodity of the 2, and he's still in the middle of his prime years. You could tear this thing down to the studs and rebuild it around him, and he would still have prime years left. If Waldron is the next big thing, we need some fresh ideas at the top to let him show it. Until we do that, this is what we have.

This season is starting to have a 2008 feel to it.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys...hang in there, you still have a shot at the playoffs as you play the teams in front of you....but can't have any slipups

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best hope right now is the Sounders. At least they have a postseason spot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best hope right now is the Sounders. At least they have a postseason spot.
Oh yeah, totally forgot about them. I just don't really get into soccer at all. Like not even a little bit.

But it's cool that they've sustained success over the years.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be tough... At least we have Gonzaga basketball on these side of the mountains to look forward to... Also, WSU Cougs just need one more win to be bowl eligible... Could come down to the Apple Cup...
I definitely enjoy Gonzaga b-ball. I have always wanted to get over there for a game, but for almost the whole season I am worried about what the pass is going to be like.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else getting tired of DK's attitude and his dumb antics on the field? I mean I love the talent and speed and size he brings but he can be a real hothead sometimes. And sometimes it's costs us a big penalty. Plus, I think when the other team gets in his head and starts pissing him off he tends to want to get into an altercation rather than stay focused and show them up on the field. I'm getting pretty tired of his chippy, chirpy, aggressive style after plays are over. I wouldn't even be shocked to see the league give him a good size fine or even a game suspension for what he did yesterday.

Oh, and the binky mouth guard was cute and clever when he was a rookie, now it just looks silly. Plus, with him throwing tantrums and whining the binky is starting to look like he needs it more than it being just a clever joke.

I realize I'm quoting my own post, but sometimes you just gotta toot your own horn when you get one right. Looks like DK must have been reading my post because he's admitting he needs to grow up. About time too.