• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10: Seahawks @ Green Bay Thread:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon? Maybe but wanted to post this thread with the information regards to RW returning and AR only getting 1 day to prepare... Should be a busy week...

Great news is that RW has been cleared to return to play vs the Packers... It's a 100% go as of now...

FDsNzGZUYAwb1qY

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawks!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On Monday, the Seahawks designated Wilson, rookie receiver Dee Eskridge and cornerback Nigel Warrior as possible returns from the injured reserve list. And it’s not out of the question that running back Chris Carson could be the next.

I can't wait to see Eskridge back on the field... It's amazing how long the concussion took him out of commissions for...

He then added he has never seen a player so dedicated to return.

“I am absolutely amazed at his progress, so much that I can confidently clear him for a full return to play without reservation,’’ Shin said in a statement.

If anyone was going to beat the odds - it was R. Wilson...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with above that Eskridge returning could be big for the offense overall. He just adds so many options whether he's getting the ball or not.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see Eskridge back on the field... It's amazing how long the concussion took him out of commissions for...

Yeah, makes me worried he wont last long in the NFL as the hit that took him out was really just a tap. That has to be the longest time I have ever seen someone in the concussion protocol. Pretty much half a season from his first action in a game. oof

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, makes me worried he wont last long in the NFL as the hit that took him out was really just a tap. That has to be the longest time I have ever seen someone in the concussion protocol. Pretty much half a season from his first action in a game. oof

Concussions take longer to heal than many believe. On average, players miss three times more time due to a concussion than they did in the 90s. Sidney Crosby (hockey, I know) missed half of 2 different seasons with concussion related issues. I don't know why he's been out for so long with an injury that usually averages 3 weeks, but it's not entirely unheard of for symptoms to linger.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussions take longer to heal than many believe. On average, players miss three times more time due to a concussion than they did in the 90s. Sidney Crosby (hockey, I know) missed half of 2 different seasons with concussion related issues. I don't know why he's been out for so long with an injury that usually averages 3 weeks, but it's not entirely unheard of for symptoms to linger.

Good Argument. I like it.

but he has a point. I won't be surprised to see him miss more games down the line because of this

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Argument. I like it.

but he has a point. I won't be surprised to see him miss more games down the line because of this

I'm just saying that concussions can be a mite unpredictable. He could have chronic issues with it, or he could end up not getting another one for a while.

I have a brother who suffers from the after affects of having 20+ concussions when he was younger, it isn't pretty. He's barely functional at times. On the other hand, I was just as reckless as a kid when it came to physical activities and I've had only 1 mild one. Hopefully, Eskridge can have a list closer to mine than to my brother's.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that concussions can be a mite unpredictable. He could have chronic issues with it, or he could end up not getting another one for a while.

I have a brother who suffers from the after affects of having 20+ concussions when he was younger, it isn't pretty. He's barely functional at times. On the other hand, I was just as reckless as a kid when it came to physical activities and I've had only 1 mild one. Hopefully, Eskridge can have a list closer to mine than to my brother's.

I Have a feeling I had one. Funny Story about how I got it but It triggered Migraines for me.

Gave me weird targets for getting them 2

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Have a feeling I had one. Funny Story about how I got it but It triggered Migraines for me.

Gave me weird targets for getting them 2

Yeah, my brother has a "migraine". Doctors say that he's been experiencing the same migraine for 12 years and it will never go away. He had to go to the Mayo Clinic and undergo pain management training (as I call it) and he gets Botox injections for the pain as well. I'm sure there's even more, but I don't know what all his treatment plan is. He's better now than he when he had to reteach himself how to use a fork, but still a shell of who he was when he was younger. His wife still does marathons and triathlons, but he has to rest if he laughs too much.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I see this hit I don't see 2 months of missed games here. Not like he was blown up it was just a solid hit but not a crushing blow.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I see this hit I don't see 2 months of missed games here. Not like he was blown up it was just a solid hit but not a crushing blow.

Same, when I saw that hit I was like, "Oh man hopefully his ankle/leg or wrist didn't get fractured/etc." When they said concussion I was baffled. Then to be out nearly half the season was further baffling to me. I almost forgot he was on the team lol.

And of course I'm no expert... obviously I don't play football so zero idea how a fall could cause a concussion, everyone is different and the way the game is played certain hits are unpredictable. Just surprising from the hits I've seen in football that result in concussions compared to this.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my brother has a "migraine". Doctors say that he's been experiencing the same migraine for 12 years and it will never go away. He had to go to the Mayo Clinic and undergo pain management training (as I call it) and he gets Botox injections for the pain as well. I'm sure there's even more, but I don't know what all his treatment plan is. He's better now than he when he had to reteach himself how to use a fork, but still a shell of who he was when he was younger. His wife still does marathons and triathlons, but he has to rest if he laughs too much.

One to 3 times a week either migraine or "Pressure" in my head. More Pressure then migraine now

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game. Some of things bouncing around in my head right now about it and the team in general:
  • OBJ: Not sure I see the need. DK Metcalf is 17th in the league right now in rec yards when he was at or near the top of the heap last season at this time. Let's take however many passes we would throw to OBJ and just add them to DK's workload. Let's just use the guys we have better.
  • Speaking of headaches, I am excited to see Eskridge back on the field. I think he's got the skill set that this offense really will take advantage of, and hopefully we can put a stop to the Everett jet sweeps.
  • Glad to have RW back for this game. However, I don't think we have a very good chance to win even with him out there unless Rodgers doesn't play. We are 0-fer at GB in the RW era, and this is probably the weakest team we've ever had heading into town. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we avoid an embarrassment.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game. Some of things bouncing around in my head right now about it and the team in general:
  • OBJ: Not sure I see the need. DK Metcalf is 17th in the league right now in rec yards when he was at or near the top of the heap last season at this time. Let's take however many passes we would throw to OBJ and just add them to DK's workload. Let's just use the guys we have better.
  • Speaking of headaches, I am excited to see Eskridge back on the field. I think he's got the skill set that this offense really will take advantage of, and hopefully we can put a stop to the Everett jet sweeps.
  • Glad to have RW back for this game. However, I don't think we have a very good chance to win even with him out there unless Rodgers doesn't play. We are 0-fer at GB in the RW era, and this is probably the weakest team we've ever had heading into town. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we avoid an embarrassment.
One thing that may be in our favor is that the Packers don't really have any film to review on Eskridge... Hopefully we'll be able to take advantage of that with some special packages drawn up specifically for him...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Seattle has not won a game in Green Bay since 2000, Last win there was 1999. Hmm that is a massive streak you would expect to end soon but I don't think it ends this year unless Seattle gets some amazing breaks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI, the Green Bay weather for Sunday is supposed to be about 39 degrees in the afternoon with approx 10 mph winds. Really not that bad at all. So at least we don't need to worry about having one of those games where we have to face Rodgers and -20 weather to boot.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI, the Green Bay weather for Sunday is supposed to be about 39 degrees in the afternoon with approx 10 mph winds. Really not that bad at all. So at least we don't need to worry about having one of those games where we have to face Rodgers and -20 weather to boot.

Remember, RW played in Wisconsin too, so he's not foreign to cold weather...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well assuming Rodgers plays (he said there's a possibility he wont but it's small) plays both QBs may be a little rusty. Rodgers may be a little fatigued/weak and Wilson has been sidelined for 5 weeks.... that said, these are world class athletes as well who are not new to the game by any means, so perhaps it's really not that big of a deal for either.