• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade for percy harvin

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason La Canfora:

Also, I suspect that when the final #s are in, Percy Harvin ends up the highest paid WR of anyone at that position getting a new deal ...

Perhaps Mike Wallace will get $12M a year, but sounds like Harvin is averaging more than that in his new deal with Seattle

To me, that's too much. I'd rather have Wallace. He's more reliable and a better WR to me.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that's too much. I'd rather have Wallace. He's more reliable and a better WR to me.

These contacts are getting ridiculous players getting way more them they are worth

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Harvin and he freaking scares me a lot. It sucks that we were outbid on this one.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pro Football Central:

The Seattle Seahawks are prepared to offer newly acquired WR a five year $60 million dollar deal. This deal will be $12 million a year.

That doesn't necessarily mean he'll accept $12M/year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I really wanted Harvin and he freaking scares me a lot. It sucks that we were outbid on this one.

I'm a little worried about it too. However, I think it's gonna look like a genius move for a while & then look worse and worse as time goes on based on Harvin's health. He plays big, but the guy's only 184 pounds.

The Niners need to be sure to blast really loud music with a strong bass drum kick before their home games against the Seahawks just in case he's having migrane problems. :)

Hold on... I just read Pozz' post:

Pro Football Central:

The Seattle Seahawks are prepared to offer newly acquired WR a five year $60 million dollar deal. This deal will be $12 million a year.

That doesn't necessarily mean he'll accept $12M/year.

Scratch that. I LOVE the Harvin trade! WOW! And that's only IF he accepts it. WOOHOO!!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 million will buy a lot of migraine medicine....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were looking at Harvin, would it be too much to assume that we now give Austin a good, hard look in the draft...possibly trade up for him considering that they have similar skill sets? Both can line up in the backfield, both can line up at WR, both can return punts and kick offs. The Boldin trade is more about upgrading the overall quality of the WR corps. If we are looking for someone with Harvin's skill set, I would have to believe we will be now looking at Austin as the poor man's version, something that I wouldn't be upset about.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Boldin for a 6th round pick over what they gave up for Harvin. Boldin is a much better redzone threat, and we already have playmakers in the middle of the field with Crabtree, Williams, James, and of course Kaep. That's before our draft as well.

But the big benefit to Boldin was him bailing out the QB on circus catches. If Kaep is accurate, a great deal of Boldin's worth is lost. ;)

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, this carpet muncher was the one who stated that the 9ers are the team to beat. He held that as absolute truth, yet Vegas is stating otherwise. Paradox here! How do you get "Co Leaders to win SB" as to indicate that 9ers are the team to beat still. They are the team to beat because they own the best defense in the NFL, yet despite all of that Vegas is saying Seattle is co leaders to win the super bowl. Ok asshole.

not dispelling Vegas but then again, its based on public perception. so not surprising, soon as a 'big' name is signed, you have an immediate reaction.

either way, its not what other teams do, its what we do? its how our draft classes pan out?[/QUOTE]

The guy is a loser dont even bother with him

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for looking ahead, will he be as good this year? Will DC's pick up on how to stop the read option. Will your WR's step up? Will Gore continue to stay healthy? He is getting older. You all have a lot of questions too.

i'm sure teams will bring up a safety to try and take away the readon option. which will also mean 1 on 1 coverage and also defensive ends who are more careful. that will open up the passing game and kap has the arm to make teams pay.

our offense was also missing hunter, i think it can be much better next year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Were there any reports showing that we made a push for him as well?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not dispelling Vegas but then again, its based on public perception. so not surprising, soon as a 'big' name is signed, you have an immediate reaction.

either way, its not what other teams do, its what we do? its how our draft classes pan out?

The guy is a loser dont even bother with him[/QUOTE]

You quoted Ray's post (saying Seahawks are co leaders to win the SB) as an indicator that 9ers and Green Bay are the team to beat in the NFL. Yet I'm the loser for pointing out your skewed logical reasoning skills. Certified moron!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were there any reports showing that we made a push for him as well?

Yes we came in 2nd place according to PFCentral and Glazer said a team offered a 2nd round pick. I would assume that was us.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes we came in 2nd place according to PFCentral and Glazer said a team offered a 2nd round pick. I would assume that was us.

Damn, that sounds pretty cheap. I would have given them both of our 2nds for him. Not only "a" 2nd round pick. In my opinion, that was a lame offer on our part if indeed it was us that "came in 2nd place".

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that sounds pretty cheap. I would have given them both of our 2nds for him. Not only "a" 2nd round pick. In my opinion, that was a lame offer on our part if indeed it was us that "came in 2nd place".

I'm sure there was most likely more involved than just our 2nd. The problem is Seattle's first is higher than our first and of course our 2nds. We would have needed to overpay draft pick wise in order to trump Seattle. It just isn't a good fit considering we'd have to dole out MAJOR coin to Harvin.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there was most likely more involved than just our 2nd. The problem is Seattle's first is higher than our first and of course our 2nds. We would have needed to overpay draft pick wise in order to trump Seattle. It just isn't a good fit considering we'd have to dole out MAJOR coin to Harvin.

I really like Harvin as a football player, but I agree as far as a fit financially and probably internally as a locker room guy.

Harvin makes the Seahawks even scarier, but Boldin is a better fit as a 49er as a football player, in the locker room, and financially.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah that's true. Very good point!

It's my own misconception that I have personally developed over the past couple years - me believing that Paraag Marathe and Cipora Herman are able to work miracles when it comes to executing player contracts. I think those guys to such gurus when it comes to numbers they can even add Calvin Johnson and his big contract to our roster today without having to cut anyone of our starters. LOL. That's just how I value their skills which is why I believe that they could have done something with Harvin.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't get over the Seahawks making a 12 million per season offer for this guy. That's ridiculous! And that's only IF he accepts! He might demand more!

I know the guy's a talent, but I see Seahawks fans looking back on ths trade with disgust in a couple of years. :)

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seahawks overpaid for him with that 3rd, and overpaid for Harvin if they give him $12M/year.

The migraine problems will persist.

49ers don't have a single player averaging $12M/year and I actually kind of like it that way.