• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade for percy harvin

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The best thing about this trade is that they might lose Sidney Rice!

I'm loving this move!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some teams reportedly think Sidney Rice has an arthritic/degenerative hip issue. Obviously if he becomes available you'd get a chance to check him out medically before entering into anything significant.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks overpaid for him with that 3rd, and overpaid for Harvin if they give him $12M/year.

The migraine problems will persist.

49ers don't have a single player averaging $12M/year and I actually kind of like it that way.

That'll change when Kap gets his extension.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT:

Harvin numbers coming. Will post full details. $67 million over six years. $14.5 million fully guaranteed. $11 million more for injury.

Harvin had one year left on his rookie deal, at $2.775 million. He instead gets $14.5 million paid out in full by end of December.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
PFT:

Harvin numbers coming. Will post full details. $67 million over six years. $14.5 million fully guaranteed. $11 million more for injury.

Harvin had one year left on his rookie deal, at $2.775 million. He instead gets $14.5 million paid out in full by end of December.

That's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. :(

So if he gets injured, he doesn't get the 11 million?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT:

In comparison to Wallaces deal, doesnt seem too bad.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrew Brandt:

Percy Harvin contract: making $14.5M this yr, $25.5M over two, $36M over three. Three-year earnings exact same as Bowe/VJax.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I would take Dbowe and Vjax over Harvin

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seahawks overpaid for him with that 3rd, and overpaid for Harvin if they give him $12M/year.

The migraine problems will persist.

49ers don't have a single player averaging $12M/year and I actually kind of like it that way.

How many games in his career has he missed due to the migraine?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
he hasn't missed them in a while I believe.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Bama fan, I know very well of Harvin and although the guy is a rare talent, what has and will always concern me is his injury history. Check this out:

Percy Harvin Injury History

What concerns me more about him are his injuries concerning his ankles. He's a terrific player, but the position he plays and with his reliance on those ankles to make those cutbacks, you gotta wonder how long he'll last. He's only played a full season once in his first four years, and as a Seahawk fan you'd hope for last year being a fluke as opposed to a trend. On top of that, Harvin isn't necessarily the strongest receiver out there so it is a gamble on the Seahawks part, especially with that cap hit happening in the next year. A lot to gamble for this type of player considering Wilson and co. would like to get better deals in the future.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Being a Bama fan, I know very well of Harvin and although the guy is a rare talent, what has and will always concern me is his injury history. Check this out:

Percy Harvin Injury History

What concerns me more about him are his injuries concerning his ankles. He's a terrific player, but the position he plays and with his reliance on those ankles to make those cutbacks, you gotta wonder how long he'll last. He's only played a full season once in his first four years, and as a Seahawk fan you'd hope for last year being a fluke as opposed to a trend. On top of that, Harvin isn't necessarily the strongest receiver out there so it is a gamble on the Seahawks part, especially with that cap hit happening in the next year. A lot to gamble for this type of player considering Wilson and co. would like to get better deals in the future.

well said, wouldn't take this chance with this kind of cap hit, draft lost.

but Seattle believes they're "built for now", so don't blame them.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games in his career has he missed due to the migraine?

How many games did he not finish because of his migraines?

when you change the question, the number jumps up quite a bit... don't be silly, he tried to fight through the migraines and I give him a ton of credit for that... but don't bullshit us with some technicality, he tried and FAILED to play though the issue. Those first couple of years, he didn't miss a lot of starts, but he didn't finish a lot of games either.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many games did he not finish because of his migraines?

when you change the question, the number jumps up quite a bit... don't be silly, he tried to fight through the migraines and I give him a ton of credit for that... but don't bullshit us with some technicality, he tried and FAILED to play though the issue. Those first couple of years, he didn't miss a lot of starts, but he didn't finish a lot of games either.

You can spin it all you want! Again, how many total games has he missed and also not finished. Go ahead and combine those games together and then take on his numbers and compare those numbers to any receiver in the league (total games played/not finished) to see where he ranks. Your numbers would indirectly reveal how much of an impact he brings to a team based on games played. Compare the total number of games he has played over the course of his career to his draft classmate (players like DHB, Nicks, Knox, Crabtree, Maclin, and Britt). Go ahead and include games not finished and games missed due to migraines.

Your result would intrinsically reveal something else to the world. Something more astonishing - you basically would discover that the number of positive plays per touch would equate as him being the most dynamic player in the league (number of games missed and not finish divide by his total stats / positive plays). Go ahead and pretend that this trade doesn't really put fear in your heart because of what you know pertaining to his "injury issues". If that makes you feel comfortable and in forcing yourself to believe that the Seahawks got bamboozled on this deal than go ahead and sooth your pain in that manner. Children tend to "make believe" all the time. That's an ego defense, part of human development to sooth their concern regarding a given stimuli such as the boogie-man. In sum, the reality is, people are exaggerating the issue so much so and if you don't think that the Seahawks covered themselves greatly with this issue, than you must be very naive.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks over paid to get him and overpaid to sign him. He will never live up to that trade or that money. Wallace was highly over paid as well. The 2 of them are just not elite receivers. They are talented playmakers, but they are not Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Larry Fitzgerald level talent at the position.

I'd personal rather have Boldin than Wallace or Harvin. The only issue with Boldin is going to be his age and how fast he might decline, but big physical WR's that can make plays will always be of more value than smaller faster guys.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Seahawks over paid to get him and overpaid to sign him. He will never live up to that trade or that money. Wallace was highly over paid as well. The 2 of them are just not elite receivers. They are talented playmakers, but they are not Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Larry Fitzgerald level talent at the position.

I'd personal rather have Boldin than Wallace or Harvin. The only issue with Boldin is going to be his age and how fast he might decline, but big physical WR's that can make plays will always be of more value than smaller faster guys.

In his 9 year career, Anquan Boldin has a total of 214 rushing yards and 1 touchdown with a 5.5 yards per carry. Percy Harvin in his 4 year career now has a total of 683 yards 4 touchdowns, with an average of 6.4 yards per carry.

As a return man, in his 9 year career, Anquan Boldin has a total of 130 yards with zero TDs. Percy Harvin, in his 4 year career, has a total of 3,183 yards and 5 TDs.

In sum, Percy Harvin brings more to the table as a player than Anquan Boldin could ever imagine. This is coming from a Florida State fan who loves Anquan (though I don't show/express it at all on this board).