• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade for percy harvin

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, trying to stay optimistic but on paper, I think Seattle has the better team then us and probably the best roster in the NFL.

Their defense is only getting better. Their LBs are fast and young - it's scary to think how good the LBs will be in the near future. Their DBs were already top notched.

Pete Carrol saw what Percy did to us this year. He is a visionary who is well equiped to making spread offense a little bit more deadly. He and Wilson in the backfield will give us problems.

Karma is a bitch for the people who were bad mouthing him.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They gave up their first for him, so that's a big minus. If you assume they would ahve drafted a real impact player in the 20's, then this offsets getting Harvin.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...we still have #7

And for looking ahead, will he be as good this year? Will DC's pick up on how to stop the read option. Will your WR's step up? Will Gore continue to stay healthy? He is getting older. You all have a lot of questions too.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up their first for him, so that's a big minus. If you assume they would ahve drafted a real impact player in the 20's, then this offsets getting Harvin.

You think they could have drafted anyone who would have had the impact Harvin had? He is easily worth the 25th pick in the draft.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see the contract Harvin is getting before saying the Seachickens win big.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK DA seahawks wuupeee dooo they traded for Harvin. The 49ers need to upgrade at WR add in the right pieces at d and the 49ers will be the favorite. Plus we have plenty of picks in the draft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That's exactly the point, their front office had to bring all this to the table (Harvin's age vs the other prospects in the draft..their age; how talented each player is in comparison to Harvin? Scheme Carrol is implementing? How far along are you in making a SB run? etc.) I don't think there is one receiver in this year's class is as talented or brings more to the table than Harvin. And that is taking into consideration his ludicrous alleged contract demands. He and his agent both know that that would not happen, so $$$ to me was not an issue.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK DA seahawks wuupeee dooo they traded for Harvin. The 49ers need to upgrade at WR add in the right pieces at d and the 49ers will be the favorite. Plus we have plenty of picks in the draft.

Harvin will make twice the impact at least that anyone the 9ers draft this year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's exactly the point, their front office had to bring all this to the table (Harvin's age vs the other prospects in the draft..their age; how talented each player is in comparison to Harvin? Scheme Carrol is implementing? How far along are you in making a SB run? etc.) I don't think there is one receiver in this year's class is as talented or brings more to the table than Harvin. And that is taking into consideration his ludicrous alleged contract demands. He and his agent both know that that would not happen, so $$$ to me was not an issue.

Character/personality are ? marks still. Based on what I've seen, read, and heard, I wouldn't bet a ton on a character/personality transformation but he has a different structure around him now so we'll just have to see what that'll do for and to him.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by Seattle. Niners definitely need to upgrade their secondary. Harvin will have an immediate impact on the Seahawks' offense. Giving up a late 1st round was a no brainer pending on his physical and signing a contract extension. Niners' drafted Jenkins late in the 1st round last year and he did nothing!

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Does this put the impetus on us to acquire Revis?

Would anyone want to move our first 3rd this year and our conditional 4th/3rd next year?

What contract would feel comfortable, 6 yr 70 mil? or more along the 4 yr, 45 mil?

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really worried. The seahawks have thrown money at free agents before and haven't done much with them. The niners just have to go out and continue to do what they do and it should be all good. To be the best you have to go through the best and if the seahawks are, prematurely, considered the best on paper, I can't wait for the niners to put the smack down on them next year and for years to come.

Don't get me wrong, I would've loved having Harvin, but it's not the end of the world now that the Seahawks have him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good move by Seattle. Niners definitely need to upgrade their secondary. Harvin will have an immediate impact on the Seahawks' offense. Giving up a late 1st round was a no brainer pending on his physical and signing a contract extension. Niners' drafted Jenkins late in the 1st round last year and he did nothing!

Exactly!! People act like the 30th pick was gold in 2012. Now in 2013 they're acting like their 31st pick is platinum.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really worried. The seahawks have thrown money at free agents before and haven't done much with them. The niners just have to go out and continue to do what they do and it should be all good. To be the best you have to go through the best and if the seahawks are, prematurely, considered the best on paper, I can't wait for the niners to put the smack down on them next year and for years to come.

Don't get me wrong, I would've loved having Harvin, but it's not the end of the world now that the Seahawks have him.

Rice, Lynch, Bryant, etc. have not done anything for them?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Battle??? They're favorite to win the SB, let alone the phucking division.

I'm pissed!! I have seen what he and Sidney could do as a duo, and I certainly I'm not looking to see that in our division. FUCK!!!

your opinion is fine, but i'll disagree. IMO we remain the NFC West favorite going into the season.

that said i do believe in the tough season following a SB appearance. so not saying we WILL win the NFC West. as always, the key is winning West games.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Impact of Harvin deal in Seattle
March, 11, 2013 2:37PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

Though the weekend of "legal tampering" didn't bring about much wild chatter (as some expected it might), the Percy Harvin trade on Monday has gotten the week started off with a loud clap of thunder. The deal sees one of the most dynamic offensive players in the NFL shipped to Seattle, while the Minnesota Vikings recoup the Seahawks' first- and seventh-rounders this offseason, as well as an additional mid-round pick in 2014. So what does this mean for Seattle?

Spencer Hall of college football blog Every Day Should be Saturday tweeted, "Oh those nine to ten snaps a game where Harvin goes into the backfield to work zone read out of the pistol with Russell Wilson," and it's a thought that many fans of the Seahawks are having right now as well. Meanwhile, it remains to be seen what the Seahawks will be doing with the rest of their corps of WRs; some have speculated that there will be a release to make way for Harvin, or perhaps they'll ask Sidney Rice to take a pay cut. Fellow WR Doug Baldwin took to his verified Twitter account to respond, tweeting, "To answer all of y'all. It doesn't change anything for me. In this business you have to compete for a job everyday. Doing that regardless."

Former second-round pick Golden Tate echoed that sentiment. "The Seahawks are trying to do whatever they think is necessary to put together a Super Bowl quality team," he indicated in remarks to ESPN's Josina Anderson. "If this is one of the steps they think works to accomplish that, then that's their choice. I don't think it will impact any of our work habits. We are still going to grind and let the cards play out the way that they will."

It helps Seattle that they're wildly underpaying Wilson, so adding another big salary to the WR corps -- and make no mistake, this is going to be a big contract that Harvin signs -- isn't as big of a problem as it would be for other teams. The one player whose role may take the biggest hit is current Seahawks return man Leon Washington. Stay tuned.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of last year it was Seattle's defense that was breaking down and did them in against Atlanta (and also had meltdowns against Miami and Detroit), and this first round at least had defensive line talent available. Chris Clemons has a knee injury he may or may not come back from, Bruce Irvin is not an everydown player yet and Red Bryant did not have a great season. This move made them better on the offensive side of the ball, but I think Seattle really needed to focus on their defensive line and they have now given up that opportunity to get that in the draft. Also now that they will be giving Harvin a new contract that takes away their ability maybe to sign a dlineman in free agency.
I do think it makes it imperative that the 49ers improve their defense, we need secondary help and depth on the line, they can't play without much substitutions as they did last year without getting gassed at the end of the season.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree with a lot of you and say this hurts the 49ers big time! Unless they get a top corner, Seahawks are going to be the new top team. And we certainly don't want to have to play that Seahawks team up there in Seattle ........in the playoffs........

I hope someone knocks Richard Sherman out for the season but then again I don't because he'll still be running his mouth. He's like a computer virus or a sickness, you just can't escape it at all.