• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Steelers: Week 2

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what? So how many heart donors do you and I have? If we have over 10+ then I agree we should buy out this site and we can live to 153 or so. We'll need Kidneys and Liver but @MrSnuggles2k2 already agreed to give me his and his kids organs in 2014.

wait what?

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many OL penalties from the right side.

Flucker and Ifedi have been terrible.
Ifedi got away with a hold call by offsetting penalities. His performance was pathetic.

Let's get better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait what?

Snugs you agreed to this, I have it screenshotted and my lawyer already said it holds up. If you want to null this contract I'll take one 2 kidneys from your family now and void the liver donation, .............. ...... wait I'll take 1 kidney + 1 liver donation (from the healthiest) and then void the rest of it. This is non-negotiable. Your response is expected in 48 hours.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snugs you agreed to this, I have it screenshotted and my lawyer already said it holds up. If you want to null this contract I'll take one 2 kidneys from your family now and void the liver donation, .............. ...... wait I'll take 1 kidney + 1 liver donation (from the healthiest) and then void the rest of it. This is non-negotiable. Your response is expected in 48 hours.

Wait! Did you say liver?

images.jpeg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 with a margin of victory of 1.5 points LMAO oof

The score in today's game does not reflect the actual game. 2 bad fumbles deep in our own territory kept this game close. Our offense was basically unstoppable in the 2nd half but for the turnovers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is pretty straight forward: we won today because of Russell Wilson. When you commit that many penalties and lose the TO battle on the road (not to mention setting up 2 scores with your fumbles), you should lose almost 100% of the time. But when your QB completes 82% of his passes for 3 TDs and moves the chains in critical moments with his legs, then you sometimes beat the odds. Other thoughts:
  • when Pete rightfully challenged that DPI and lost, I concluded there's pretty no reason to ever challenge those because that was such a weak call that gave them an easy TD.
  • then Pete rightfully challenged another non-call PI and won it, so I guess we're even?
  • and on the same play as above, why in the frog was the blatant hit to the head of RW not called??????
  • Ifedi needs to hit the bench. He was just killing us out there today. It would be one thing if this was an uncommon thing, but this is year 4 of mostly the same crap.
  • outside of McDougald, our safety play is bad. how in the world does Hill bite on that fake when Pitt's best player is running down field right at him??
  • technically RW gets charged for the fumbled handoff, but I think that was on Carson. That's 3 for him so far. Has to stop or it will cost us a game we should win.
  • Cmon, Ziggy. Time to man up and get on the field with your teammates.
  • DK is a serious weapon. Very uncommon for rookie WRs to be impactful like that right out of the gate. He should make life easier for the other WRs, and it already looks like Russell trusts him quite a bit.
  • Russell needs to put those back shoulder passes to DK a lot higher and bit more wide. He'll be able to reach it, and it takes the defender well out of the play.
I didn't think we would win today, and it wasn't always pretty but 2-0 sure looks good. Now we are probably getting Teddy 2-gloves next Sunday. 3-0 should be a thing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The score in today's game does not reflect the actual game. 2 bad fumbles deep in our own territory kept this game close. Our offense was basically unstoppable in the 2nd half but for the turnovers.
Be careful now, Flyer. You're flirting with the prospect of getting put on ignore and having your life forever changed for the better!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add i thought the offense did well, No they did great when you take out damn Ifedi and Carson's fumbles. Wilson was on point for the most part and guys were making plays. This offense needs to be closer to 50/50 than the 55/45 Run/pass ratio they had last week like i said BEFORE last weeks game. They had 35 passing attempts and 33 rushing attempts this game. Thats more like it. Now you truly have the other team off balance.

Don't get me wrong that Oline is a joke right now but the offense produced. Clean it up and this game wouldn't have even been close and you can see that. over 400 yards, almost 300 for Wilson with 3 TD. Can't just look at the bad because the amount of good i saw today was outstanding. ( on Offense ) the D played well actually for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters but the 1st and 4th well oof.

The defense gave up one big drive the entire game. Once and a half if you want to include the field goal drive. You can't really ding them for the short yardage TDs. And I actually think that Kendricks had a bad beat on that PI call.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful now, Flyer. You're flirting with the prospect of getting put on ignore and having your life forever changed for the better!

LOL.

Keeping it real against those trying to keep it real.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, the last time the Seahawks went 2-0, we wound up 13-3 and won a Super Bowl. That isn't likely to happen this year as well but I will say if the defense could be a lot better than most of us thought if you think about how they played today on the road with no Ziggy, no Poona and no Reed.

Griffin has really stepped up his game this year. Flowers wasn't barely even looked at today.

If Russ plays like this consistently we are going to be very tough to beat.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, the last time the Seahawks went 2-0, we wound up 13-3 and won a Super Bowl. That isn't likely to happen this year as well but I will say if the defense could be a lot better than most of us thought if you think about how they played today on the road with no Ziggy, no Poona and no Reed.

Griffin has really stepped up his game this year. Flowers wasn't barely even looked at today.

Absolutely. I think the D is pretty close -- just needs to get at near full strength (Reed suspension) and maybe figure out a different FS option. The offense will give them a little room to figure it out. Ziggy is in a contract year and needs to get his ass out there.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ifedi got away with a hold call by offsetting penalities. His performance was pathetic.

Let's get better.
Ifedi really didn’t get away with that off setting penalties though, on the same play we had a huge gain get brought back because of it

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats the thing, i just feel like the coaches wont LET Russ play like this. The talking heads did a break down of the Hawks last season. When they went pass/run/pass or Pass/run/run on 1st through 3rd downs they had great success and when they went run/pass/run or run/run/pass they failed. They have to understand i mean they just have to don't they that RW is the heart of this team?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's get better.

yeah thats a no, he did not get away with it. Had he not committed that penalty the Hawks have that big play and decline the defensive penalty.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing, i just feel like the coaches wont LET Russ play like this. The talking heads did a break down of the Hawks last season. When they went pass/run/pass or Pass/run/run on 1st through 3rd downs they had great success and when they went run/pass/run or run/run/pass they failed. They have to understand i mean they just have to don't they that RW is the heart of this team?

They absolutely understand that Russ is the key to success. There is no question about that.

Part of the problem, IMO, is that PC wants to dominate time of possession. The other problem is that our receiving corps is completely unproven outside of Tyler who has never been the No. 1 receiver.

Those quick passing plays worked extremely well today. It was basically a guaranteed 5 yards every time. Of course the receivers not dropping any of them and the Steelers giving us those plays made it easier. Hopefully the team will realize that if teams are going to load up in the box to stop the run, then those passes in the flats are going to be consistently there.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely understand that Russ is the key to success. There is no question about that.

you would think so, but the play calling and play selection in the past points the other direction. I get it they want to be this run first tough smash mouth football team but with Wilson they have the option to be still a tough smash mouth football team with Wilson doing his thing. Wilson is magic so let the magic loose. I am not saying throw it 50 times a game i am saying stay closer to 50/50 in the run/pass selection and if the running game isn't working then let Wilson rip it and who cares if he throws it 40+ times.

In my eyes the pass opens up the run a lot better AND FASTER than the run opens up the pass in today's football.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 with a +3 differential as you keep telling yourself you should be used to it after all these years.

You think you do, but you don’t.

W is still a W with a bunch of stuff to be cleanup upon. Next week, Hawks win by a FG.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freaking landmines in that POS field.
Heard the field is shared with HS football because it’s owned by the city or county which is poorly maintained. But they do re-sod twice a year.