• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Steelers: Week 2

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after next year he would be a free agent. No way.

If I KNEW that we would win a SB if we made that trade maybe I would do it but even with Ramsey we are FAR from certain to make it to the Super Bowl much less win it. Too many variables.

Have any of those big trades we've made panned out for us?

Percy Harvin...Not much but his return for the TD in the SB nailed the Broncos coffin shut
Jimmy Graham...No
Duane Brown...Yes
Clowney...Incomplete only 2 games in.

The only thing we know for sure is the Pats will be in the AFCCG but the NFC is open for the taking. Ziggy will be back and Reed in a month. Seattle won a game in Pitt most thought wouldn't happen and now no Brees this week. The team is catching breaks at the right time so why not add too it. I'm honestly not worried about next season since we're only 2 games into this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin...Not much but his return for the TD in the SB nailed the Broncos coffin shut
Jimmy Graham...No
Duane Brown...Yes

The only thing we know for sure is the Pats will be in the AFCCG but the NFC is open for the taking. Ziggy will be back and Reed in a month. Seattle won a game in Pitt most thought wouldn't happen and now no Brees this week. The team is catching breaks at the right time so why not add too it. I'm honestly not worried about next season since we're only 2 games into this season.

The Clowney trade was a great trade because we didn't give up much to get him. Even the Brown trade was pretty good because we got a legit LT for a 2nd.

The Graham trade was more problematic as we gave up a 3rd and a quality center. Harvin had 2 good plays for us. One in the Super Bowl and one against the Packers in the regular season on a jet sweep. We gave up a 1st for that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clowney trade was a great trade because we didn't give up much to get him. Even the Brown trade was pretty good because we got a legit LT for a 2nd.

The Graham trade was more problematic as we gave up a 3rd and a quality center. Harvin had 2 good plays for us. One in the Super Bowl and one against the Packers in the regular season on a jet sweep. We gave up a 1st for that.

That Clowney trade has Eagles fans irked that Howie couldn't come up with something better. Glad he's on our side.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Clowney trade has Eagles fans irked that Howie couldn't come up with something better. Glad he's on our side.

I was playing golf with an Eagles fan when the trade broke. He had been talking about how he was hopeful the Eagles would be getting Clowney.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was playing golf with an Eagles fan when the trade broke. He had been talking about how he was hopeful the Eagles would be getting Clowney.

I think a lot of Eagles fans were convinced he would be an Eagle cause even though he mentioned Seattle, I didn't hear any rumors of them being involved. A lot of stunned fans when reported Seattle landed Clowney.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Graham...No
Duane Brown...Yes

The Clowney trade isn't incomplete... Seattle absolute r@ped the Texans on that one... if he walks he'll easily sign for an amount that will get us a 3rd round pick back.... and despite a # of folks saying Seattle sucks, Seattle with Wilson is a playoff team (so the 3rd rounder we gave up would be late).

So we gave up some dude named Martin, Mingo who has been a bust from day 1... and... that's it. For one of the best EDGE run defenders (and a solid pass one) in the NFL until we can get Collier going or find a replacement for Clark (which is Ansah coming soon)?

The Clowney trade may have been the biggest r@pe job in NFL history. It's a trade the Mariners (if Houston) would make. It's already an A++++++++++++++++++. Yes, already.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of don't want the Hawks to make a move for Ramsey because of the price etc. But on the other hand, I would hate to see the Rams, Packers, Niners etc get him too. Maybe we could bamboozle the Jags into just one pick and they take Germain Ifedi . They could throw in a tackling dummy to replace Ifedi. Hell, who am I kidding. A traffic cone.:D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of don't want the Hawks to make a move for Ramsey because of the price etc. But on the other hand, I would hate to see the Rams, Packers, Niners etc get him too. Maybe we could bamboozle the Jags into just one pick and they take Germain Ifedi . They could throw in a tackling dummy to replace Ifedi. Hell, who am I kidding. A traffic cone.:D

Getting rid of Ifedi HAS to be a priority.. I have zero fucking clue how that guy is still starting. He blew numerous assignments last week, keeps dropping WAY too fast, and as a result it piles up penalties/sacks. Get rid of Ifedi and get someone decent in the secondary... we have quite a bit of picks next year - but not sure I'd give up a 1st for Ramsey. A 2nd? All day.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Ifedi HAS to be a priority.. I have zero fucking clue how that guy is still starting. He blew numerous assignments last week, keeps dropping WAY too fast, and as a result it piles up penalties/sacks. Get rid of Ifedi and get someone decent in the secondary... we have quite a bit of picks next year - but not sure I'd give up a 1st for Ramsey. A 2nd? All day.
I'm with you Shark. The dude is truly awful out there.I thought it might have been just the bad line coaching by Cable but nothing has changed. He might be the worst RT I have ever watched.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Shark. The dude is truly awful out there.I thought it might have been just the bad line coaching by Cable but nothing has changed. He might be the worst RT I have ever watched.

It's gotten bad Dr.... I have to assume at this point Ifedi has nude pictures or other propaganda on Seattle's staff.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFC team reportedly offered a 2020 1st and a 2021 5th for Ramsey. If that's us and it gets it done, I'm in 100%

That would move Tre Flowers to FS, a position he played in college. I'd love his speed and length out there ranging in to make plays and would solidify our worst D position.

I think the fact that we so underpaid for Clowney makes this move more of a possibility. Adding Ramsey to this D immediately makes the Seattle defense super bowl contenders IMO.

It's a big swing for the front office for sure, but one well worth taking as we sit here at 2-0, a possibility of going 4-0 without too much trouble, and 1 NFC contender already out of the picture.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFC team reportedly offered a 2020 1st and a 2021 5th for Ramsey. If that's us and it gets it done, I'm in 100%

That would move Tre Flowers to FS, a position he played in college. I'd love his speed and length out there ranging in to make plays and would solidify our worst D position.

I think the fact that we so underpaid for Clowney makes this move more of a possibility. Adding Ramsey to this D immediately makes the Seattle defense super bowl contenders IMO.

It's a big swing for the front office for sure, but one well worth taking as we sit here at 2-0, a possibility of going 4-0 without too much trouble, and 1 NFC contender already out of the picture.

Sounds like it was the Niners that offered a 1st and other picks for Ramsey.

I guess they are trying to collect the entire set of prima donna corners.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clowney trade isn't incomplete... Seattle absolute r@ped the Texans on that one... if he walks he'll easily sign for an amount that will get us a 3rd round pick back.... and despite a # of folks saying Seattle sucks, Seattle with Wilson is a playoff team (so the 3rd rounder we gave up would be late).

So we gave up some dude named Martin, Mingo who has been a bust from day 1... and... that's it. For one of the best EDGE run defenders (and a solid pass one) in the NFL until we can get Collier going or find a replacement for Clark (which is Ansah coming soon)?

The Clowney trade may have been the biggest r@pe job in NFL history. It's a trade the Mariners (if Houston) would make. It's already an A++++++++++++++++++. Yes, already.

I wasn't saying incomplete in a negative way. Just throwing it up there with the other trades that were made in the past. I agree the FO got Clowney at a bargin basement deal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying incomplete in a negative way. Just throwing it up there with the other trades that were made in the past. I agree the FO got Clowney at a bargin basement deal.

INCOMPLETE.. INCOMPLETE. "Wasn't saying incomplete in a negative way"? Out of control, at this point there's a 239.11% penalty on your bullshit!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INCOMPLETE.. INCOMPLETE. "Wasn't saying incomplete in a negative way"? Out of control, at this point there's a 239.11% penalty on your bullshit!

Well, is the season complete or incomplete as of right now?