• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Steelers: Week 2

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting Seattle to come out of the first 3 games, 1-2. The fact we may be 3-0? I'll take it.

Ansah, Collier are yet to play as well... I have to wonder what will happen to Carson after last game, and Ifedi needs to get injured ASAP so the coaching staff will admit they fucked up and release him. I have ZERO clue why Seattle is starting/hanging on to him. I 100% think it's stubborn at this point.

Just FYI, Pete Carroll isn't putting the blame on Carson for the second fumble. And I agree with him. It was a combo of Wilson putting the ball a little too high and the O-line not picking up the defender who flipped Carson over as he was just getting the ball.

This is what Pete said in the press conference:

"The second fumble was we cut a guy loose and he got hit on the exchange, that’s not his fumble. But he did get one knocked away and we need to get to business there and get that out of our football."

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can imagine your feedback if the Hawks lost to the 49ers in the NFC Championship game back in 2013 if they were playing with out Russell Wilson.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting Seattle to come out of the first 3 games, 1-2. The fact we may be 3-0? I'll take it.

Ansah, Collier are yet to play as well... I have to wonder what will happen to Carson after last game, and Ifedi needs to get injured ASAP so the coaching staff will admit they fucked up and release him. I have ZERO clue why Seattle is starting/hanging on to him. I 100% think it's stubborn at this point.
Yeah, every season from 2014-2018 we've been either 1-1 or 0-2 going into the 3rd game, so looking at a good chance of 3-0 is a great place to be when we normally see this team pick it up as the weeks get along.

And Collier did play yesterday but not a whole lot....doesn't alter your larger point all that much, which is that we are definitely not at full strength up front right now but should be building starting this next game.

On Ifedi, I think he made a clear upturn last year to get the confidence of his coaches back a little bit, but for sure he's been a huge liability the first 2 games. But that aside, this is year 4 and I just don't see him getting to where we need him to be as a starter if he's not there now after all the chances he's been given. And to the coaches' credit, they didn't exercise the 5th year option so they are less than convinced about his trajectory as a player.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, every season from 2014-2018 we've been either 1-1 or 0-2 going into the 3rd game, so looking at a good chance of 3-0 is a great place to be when we normally see this team pick it up as the weeks get along.

And Collier did play yesterday but not a whole lot....doesn't alter your larger point all that much, which is that we are definitely not at full strength up front right now but should be building starting this next game.

On Ifedi, I think he made a clear upturn last year to get the confidence of his coaches back a little bit, but for sure he's been a huge liability the first 2 games. But that aside, this is year 4 and I just don't see him getting to where we need him to be as a starter if he's not there now after all the chances he's been given. And to the coaches' credit, they didn't exercise the 5th year option so they are less than convinced about his trajectory as a player.

Agree with everything you said @JMR . I just can't still believe Ifedi is actually starting as RT on this team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Jalen Ramsey is requesting

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Jalen Ramsey is requesting a trade.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI, Pete Carroll isn't putting the blame on Carson for the second fumble. And I agree with him. It was a combo of Wilson putting the ball a little too high and the O-line not picking up the defender who flipped Carson over as he was just getting the ball.

This is what Pete said in the press conference:

"The second fumble was we cut a guy loose and he got hit on the exchange, that’s not his fumble. But he did get one knocked away and we need to get to business there and get that out of our football."

Vannett didn't block the defender (if that was his assignment).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will give you cake. Yeah i have been thinking about Ramsey a little myself. guilty right here. He would be a instant starter on this defense and Pete has no issues with handling Alpha dogs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Russ was releasing the football on average in 1.89 seconds which was the fastest release time of ANY QB in 3 years.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Russ was releasing the football on average in 1.89 seconds which was the fastest release time of ANY QB in 3 years.

I knew he was getting the ball away very quickly (in the 2nd half in particular), but damn, I didn't realize he was that fast on Sunday. It's good to know he has that ability because its the best possible way to beat great rushing defenses and avoid sacks.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell looked fantastic Sunday. This is the best start of his career. You can really see that RW has been working on his game. If not for Mahomes and Brady, I think Russ might be the best QB in the game and could be a legit MVP candidate. A long season to go and granted, the defenses we have played aren't good but if we can get the blocking issues sorted out and Carson corrects the fumble issue, this could be the best offense the team has had in the PC era.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell looked fantastic Sunday. This is the best start of his career. You can really see that RW has been working on his game. If not for Mahomes and Brady, I think Russ might be the best QB in the game and could be a legit MVP candidate. A long season to go and granted, the defenses we have played aren't good but if we can get the blocking issues sorted out and Carson corrects the fumble issue, this could be the best offense the team has had in the PC era.

What I really loved and what I think isn't getting enough is how Schotty completely changed our offense. If teams want to load the box and crunch their LBs, then we SHOULD be crushing them with slants and quick outs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really loved and what I think isn't getting enough is how Schotty completely changed our offense. If teams want to load the box and crunch their LBs, then we SHOULD be crushing them with slants and quick outs.
Yeah, I agree and they aren't going away from the core philosophy of run either. Close to 50/50 vs the Steelers and very efficient. Take out the 2 fumbles and this game really isn't even close, imo. Have to keep it up and get better on the back end of the D. Ansah is supposed to be back and ready for a full load next week. That will help, I think. And when Reed gets back, the front 7 could be as good as any team out there. I think the offense will be really solid this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

something they showed repeatedly last season they couldn't do. So yeah it was very encouraging.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will give you cake. Yeah i have been thinking about Ramsey a little myself. guilty right here. He would be a instant starter on this defense and Pete has no issues with handling Alpha dogs.

I started to think about this a lot today. The asking price may be very high but right now 2 contenders are battered. The Saints and Eagles took big hits with the injury bug and the Bears offense looks meh so the NFC is wide open with Dallas, GB, Rams, and the Hawks fighting for the top seed. Falcons, Vikes and Niners also have slight chances. For an instant upgrade I'd go a first and third.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but not sure about the price tag. The secondary would definitely be better with him but I think a free safety is more of a need right now. We really miss E.T. back there.

Price tag will be high but there aren't any FS avail at the moment but this guy would bring instant upgrade. I too miss Earl.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to think about this a lot today. The asking price may be very high but right now 2 contenders are battered. The Saints and Eagles took big hits with the injury bug and the Bears offense looks meh so the NFC is wide open with Dallas, GB, Rams, and the Hawks fighting for the top seed. Falcons, Vikes and Niners also have slight chances. For an instant upgrade I'd go a first and third.

No f'n way do I want to see us trade a 1st and 3rd for Ramsey.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No f'n way do I want to see us trade a 1st and 3rd for Ramsey.

You add him to go along with our studs at LB and our D-line back and fully healthy, this team becomes a real SB contender.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You add him to go along with our studs at LB and our D-line back and fully healthy, this team becomes a real SB contender.

And after next year he would be a free agent. No way.

If I KNEW that we would win a SB if we made that trade maybe I would do it but even with Ramsey we are FAR from certain to make it to the Super Bowl much less win it. Too many variables.

Have any of those big trades we've made panned out for us?